Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! (2409 Views)

Jamb 2012 Direct Entry Forms / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Futo 2011/2012 Direct Entry Form Out. Details Below (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2011
T his is to reach out to the Direct Entry applicants(2011/2012) who chose LASU. Since the advent of Post UME, getting admitted through Direct Entry into LASU has been a function of MERIT,with the standards made obvious to everyone.Some friends(with HND) in my place of work were able to secure admission without any connection whatsoever to study courses of their choices.They chose LASU largely because of its proximity to both their work environment and houses.Now,I obtained this year DE form with the hope of getting a high score and secure admission on a level of merit having prepared well for their post utme/de exams.

I was shocked beyond my own imagination when I read from the post utme avert that DE applicants are EXEMPTED from taking the test.The whole scenerio now boils down to who one knows because there is no yardstick for grading of candidates with the same qualification any longer! Being a non-indigent,I feel disadvantaged.The course of study I wish to go for is PHYSICS and I have HND in ELect/Elect with upper credit,still a young guy.Do we have others that have similar ordeal with me?Share your views/situations/condition and let us chart away forward.

Is there anybody in the house who can directly or indirectly be of help to me.I mean some one who is really an insider that can help directly or link me up? I wouldn't mind to "negotiate".NO scam please!!!! Your sincere responses and contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2011
Still waiting for responses.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2011
I believe someone can be of help here!!!
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by Misterpaul(m): 12:36am On Aug 21, 2011
SilaV:

I was shocked beyond my own imagination when I read from the post utme avert that DE applicants are EXEMPTED from taking the test.But,Some schools dont usually take both post utme exam and D.E. apptitude test at the same time, May be the date for D.E. test would be annouced later, Though, i dont quite understand ur post,
SilaV link=topic=740124.msg8963798#msg8963798 date=1313777554:
I was shocked beyond my own imagination when I read from the post utme avert that DE applicants are EXEMPTED from taking the test.But,Some schools dont usually take both post utme exam and D.E. apptitude test at the same time, May be the date for D.E. test would be annouced later, Though, i dont quite understand ur post,
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2011
SilaV:

I believe someone can be of help here!!!
The post is not ambiguous in any way.It was clearly written,in the advert, that DE applicants will not write any form of test.Before,LASU used to conduct both post UTME/DE test together,but with DE applicants given different,more advanced questions that are not multichoice(objectives) but purely theoretical and this cuts across all the courses.That is my first point.
My second point is a call for help to be linked up since tests will no longer be a yardstick again;it boils down to 'man knows man"
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by popingo(f): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2011
i could be of help to you. send ur phone no to this email address angel2klady@yahoo.com for further discussion
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2011
popingo:

i could be of help to you. send your phone no to this email address angel2klady@yahoo.com for further discussion
That has been done.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 5:55am On Aug 22, 2011
@popingo, the number has been sent as directed.
@others,who could also be of help?
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by horlla(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
Sila,
I will advise that you make your findings well before applying. I was admitted through DE in 2008/2009 with my OND, after writing a very competitive and well contested examination(infact only 5 of us were admitted into Computer Science). few weeks to examination, we went for our registration only for the dean to tell us that DE is only accpeted for LASU diplomats. we took it up, confirmed from the VC(now former) through email and He corraborated the news. We took it up through a legal counsel and all that.Now the rest is history. We were forced to leave when we did not even have records. It was not easy at all. The emotional trauma was too much some people almost lost their life while all this lasted. In summary please confirm well from an insider.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
Now that the Post Utme billed for this week has started,the criterial or yardsticks for the selection of DE applicants still remain unknown.I heard that interviews will be conducted for the DE applicant as a means of assessment.Besides,I learnt that the number of 100 level students in Physics department now is less than 10(ten) .The implication of this(if the information is true anyway) is that more DE applicants could be absorbed to join them in 200 level.Could someone
who is an insider help me to confirm these two pieces of information I 'overheard'!

Most  importantly,I need someone to link me up because I desperately need this admission.God bless you as you respond.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
Still hoping that someone will be of good help,here.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by popingo(f): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2011
Really sorry dat i have not replied u since, i have been so busy and i didnt get ur mail. Kindly drop ur no here now so i will give u a call, take note i am a female take care.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by SilaV: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2011
@popingo,here is my number:08050539504.I will be expecting your flash/call.
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by popingo(f): 11:16am On Sep 14, 2011
your number is nt going through.cal me on 07068612414
Re: Lasu 2011/2012 Direct Entry Situation; Be Of Help! by Cmisolla: 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2012
@silaV
Please kindly help me with the info you ve got, I plan going for DE in lasu this year and I ll love to know the criteria they use in admission considering the fact that DE applicant won't write the post utme exam. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Day For Oau,dem Catch Guy Wey Dey Masturbate For Female Hostel Toilet / How To Use Liquid Nitrogen In Wart Removal ? / SEE The Top 21 Cheapest State Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.