Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade (747 Views)

Would You Advice I Move To Lagos? / Please Advice, I Have #900k, What Type Of Business Should I Invest In? / Please Advice: I Got An Offer From Saudi Aramco Should I Take It Or Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by neolboy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
I am a guy of about 35yrs and a graduate of construction Management. I am currently jobless( i left the job because of the low and delayed payment), no girlfriend. The thing is that, i am planning of learning welding as from next month.

My decision was to make sure that i am skilled in a trade. The thing is that i am thinking about my age, if i am not too old to start learning a trade.

Please i need an advice about it.

Mod help push to the front page for advice.

Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by Emmie224: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
You'll still grow older whether you learn it or not. There's nothing like “too old” when trying to better yourself. Do it now, so you won't ask five years from now if you're too old.

2 Likes

Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by neolboy(m): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Emmie224:
You'll still grow older whether you learn it or not. There's nothing like “too old” when trying to better yourself. Do it now, so you won't ask five years from now if you're too old.

Thank you for the advice

2 Likes

Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by philest222(m): 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
You can carry on sir..... Self employment is the best
Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by Autobot05: 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
neolboy:
I am a guy of about 35yrs and a graduate of construction Management. I am currently jobless( i left the job because of the low and delayed payment), no girlfriend. The thing is that, i am planning of learning welding as from next month.

My decision was to make sure that i am skilled in a trade. The thing is that i am thinking about my age, if i am not too old to start learning a trade.

Why welding? ... consider the effect on your eyes in the long run

Learning never stops... you're never too old bro
Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by Esywrite: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
neolboy:

Have you considered other skills? If this is what you can think of right now, then go ahead. It's better than staying ideal. I believe clarity will come while you're at it.
Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by sageb: 11:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
neolboy:

Go for Argon welding and if possible get city and guild certification on it.
You are not too old to learn a skill.
Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by neolboy(m): 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2022
Esywrite:

Have you considered other skills? If this is what you can think of right now, then go ahead. It's better than staying ideal. I believe clarity will come while you're at it.

Yes, but i discovered that i am more interested in learning this than any other skills. In fact i am excited about it

1 Like

Re: Advice: I Am About To Learn A Trade by Esywrite: 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
neolboy:

Yes, but i discovered that i am more interested in learning this than any other skills. In fact i am excited about it

Alright. All the best

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Feel Scammed! / Fcmb Interview / Zenith Interview Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.