Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain (42018 Views)

Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes / Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by nlfpmod: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY NKPOLU-OROWORUKWO, PORT HARCOURT

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM FROM:

Registrar/Secretary to Senate TO: President of SUG, All Students

Ban on Indecent Dressing by Students on Camp

I am directed to inform you that Senate has banned indecent dressing by students on campus with immediate effect.

I am further directed to Inform you that this ban is sequel to a memo presented by the Committee of Provost and Deans and considered by Senate at its 291st Regular Meeting held on Thursday, 29th September, 2022.

By this ban, it Is now prohibited for any student to dress the following way on campus:

1. Wearing of "spaghetti gown" by female students.

2. Wearing of short skirt above the knees by female students.

3. Colouring of hair by both male and female students.

4. Sagging of trousers by both male and female students

5. Wearing of earrings by male students and nose rings by female students.

6. Wearing of tattoos by both male and female students.

7. Wearing of ankle chain by female students.

8. Wearing of long eyelashes by female students.

9. Wearing of gown/blouse that exposes the navel or breast by female students.

10. Wearing of tattered jean trousers by both male and female students

11. Wearing of birthroom slippers or bon short to the classroom.

1 am in the circumstance, directed to draw the attention of all students to the above decision and hereby request that you please note and comply accordingly.

Dr. S.C. Enyindah

Registrar/Secretary to Senate

107 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by God1000(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good, I'm fully in support of the ban

Such scabrous and unethical behaviour should be tamed.

I don't like seeing ladies wearing ankle chain, nose rings, eyelashes and too much makeup.

Our ladies should maintain their natural beauty and stop dressing like masquerades.

And the guys painting their fingernails with tattoos all over their body should refrain from such sleazy, unsavoury and licentious behaviour.

313 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Righteousness2(m): 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
A Heavenly minded son or daughter of GOD who has a Genuie relationship with JESUS will have no problem adhering to the notice.

183 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by KeyEndurance: 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Their Problem

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by money121(m): 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by general111(m): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good riddance

13 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by chiefolododo(m): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2022
Sanity

12 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Mrkumareze(m): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good move, schools corrupt some people instead of giving them good moral.

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by olatade(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Give them uniforms at once nah grin grin grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Nazgul: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
This is a case of misplaced priorities. All these banning isn't important, who go fúck go still fúck. They should focus more on improving the learning conditions of their students. Punish lecturers who threaten female students with an "F" if they don't have sex with them, go online so that if as a lecturer you can't make it to the classroom you can lecture your students wherever you are and give them assignments which they'll do and submit online.

American and UK universities don't have all these dressing restrictions yet they're among the best and most advanced universities in the world. What's wrong with us the African Continent.

108 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by princepee: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Way to go Jare!
I hate nose ring and ankle chain like mad!
Like what are you trying to prove with it?
Iff you are fine you are fine!
If you are not, then you are not!
Those useless stuff will not add anything to you.
Only make you look illresponsible
If you want to dress like a LovePeddler do that to a club not high institution of learning.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Antoeni(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good, Nice One, Karashika Slay Queen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by DevilSignature: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
cheesy

I love baby girls on ankle chain and nose ring
There's this baby girl if mine always on ankle chain, as I d nack her kpakus de look the look the ankle chain e de make my dick thicker

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by ufuosman(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Moh247: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
cool

Good

Formal dressing to formal official work and office environment

Casual dress in your house, clubs, beach and mall

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by harmargedon: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Nonexisting1: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Still won't stop some of us from identifying the oloshos among the students.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Sharia law.

This means that the university has been islamized.

Modified

If this was a Northern university, most of ya would have been shouting 'Islamic religion'. Well, it isn't. I guess it is christianization then.

Also, the reason behind this dress code is to prepare you for the world of work...where you will work for employers who have dress codes in place.

Have you been to any bank? Does any of the female cashiers wear spaghetti tops.? Miniskirts, see through, etc.? Do any of the men wear sleveless tops, and so on? Not only banks...

In my opinion, the rules are not necessary. But at the end, universites prepare students for the world of tomorrow

19 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by bonechamberlain(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Very good. Other schools should follow suit.

People would start shouting leave them it's their life. This senseless lifestyle of this generation is a cause for concern.

Most of these kids have no mind of their own, no substance, no brain, just copy whatever is in vogue, act disrespectful and rebuke any correction.

A marlian generation angry

21 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by gentlesmithugo(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Which one be birthroom slipper again.who dey born with slippers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by fnep2smooth(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Seriously
What about people way don already draw tattoo for their body how them go take do am?.

I saw wearing of bathroom slippers, I no understand that part.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Terry44: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
kiss

I'm fully in support of these rules made by the school senate. Lot of people dressing extremely stupid in the name of fashion.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Antoeni(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
As e dey Hot

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by olisaEze(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
So students who have tattoos should cut off their limbs

Naija my country, we know how to major on minor things here. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Yankee101: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
I support 100%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Manson1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Very good, immoral dressing should not be encouraged don't know where these girls are driving at these days.....See our live thread for our ongoing building construction project of a 3-bedroom bungalow in Oron, Akwa Ibom... Link in my signature

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Iykeabc(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Unizik and many other institutions have done that too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Kabirudeen25(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Omo the acada just tire person. Na so Dem just dash boys extra year cos of school fees..make I do commot abeg

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Jibabs2(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ok but na rice be our problem for now
Re: Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain by Kollabo419: 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nna mehnn

RSU is a bad university sha

Cult men all full ground

Dem go don show VC and lecturers shege grin

#SayNoToIndecent mDressing

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University / Man Masturbates In Front Of A Benson Idahosa University Female Hostel (Pictured) / 10 Hilarious Differences Between Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.