Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. (4777 Views)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / What Many Don't Know About Innoson Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 11:03am On Oct 27, 2022
CBN: What People Don't Know About the New Naira.

I noticed everyone is complaining about the new notes and it's irrelevance at the moment. That is expected, but I like the fact that no matter how many million times you complain, they'll still do it.

Does the new money have economic value? No. It doesn't, but it has a control value from criminals.

Your complaint can't stop them (the government) and I have vowed never to waste my energy complaining but find out reasons to agree with the CBN.

The main reason for rebranding will never be exposed to the public. Only those who dig deeper will know.

FOUR REASONS FOR THE NAIRA REDESIGN

1. Security: A lot of kidnappers and politicians have bags (Ghana must go bags) of the old notes at their disposal and the government wants to push these people to come out of their closets and head to the bank to exchange these money and from there, they'll be caught. Also, these criminals won't go to the bank — they'll send people and these people will be questioned and if they don't bribe the bankers, they'll be caught.

2. Cleanliness: Some of these old monies are bacteria carriers.

3. e-Naira growth: After this process, the government will put a huge tax on anyone withdrawing up to 1 million Naira. The money you'll pay as tax for withdrawing 1 million Naira will be almost 1 million Naira too. Imagine paying 1 million Naira just to withdraw 1 million Naira? Will you do that? No. Since most people won't do this, kidnappers will mostly reduce their price or they'll start using digital means of receiving payment and they can be easily caught even if it's via crypto.

4. Cashless economy: Just as above, Nigeria will focus more on cashless economy and this will help in curbing crime, bullion vans moving money from bank to banks and getting attacked by armed robbers in the process.

Unfortunately, Internet crime will increase. Some people's e-Naira accounts will be hacked, but the good news is, they'll find out where the money was sent to. So, they'll still get caught.

In summary, what the CBN is doing is good even though it doesn't increase the value of the Naira. At least, it will increase the security of the Naira and curb money abuse and financial crime.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2022
Some people will ask, "What of those old or market women who don't know how to use e-Naira or Android phone?" They'll be the ones using the lower denominations of the Naira.

For those market women who control millions, they have young workers or children who are computer savvy to handle the e-transactions for them.

20 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by BATified2023: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:

u ruined your write up by calling people idiot

U can still pass your message without d insult

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by SolidWind: 11:09am On Oct 27, 2022
I don't mean to insult you. You are ignorant of the situation in Nigeria. Some western countries redesign their currency every 9 years to curb money laundering. Goggle it. But this is not what your CBN is trying to do now. Though your CBN will fool you by claiming to fight money laundering. Ask yourself why CBN never tried this until now. Also watch out for when next CBN will redesign the currency again. This move by CBN is purely political. It is an attempt to weaken one cabal and favour another cabal in the upcoming election.

First of all, you speak about kidnappers. Boko terrorists are the major kidnappers in Nigeria and they get the major ransom paid in Nigeria. The terrorists get whatever they want. The redesign of the currency is not targeted at the terrorists. Government itself pays the terrorists ransom. Just look at your logic. Between giving terrorists the currency and trying to stop them from spending the currency they have, which one is easier for the government to achieve? The government that has on many occasions given the currency to the terrorists? Terrorists that can easily highjack another set of train passengers just to ask the government to change old Naira notes for the terrorists? You are far from the reality in Nigeria.

Talking about politicians hoarding cash, it is a matter of time for the politicians to get enough of the new notes. Printing new notes makes no difference when the financial policy is unchanged.

See yourself. This is how people like you claimed that BVN, NIN and SIM card registration are targeted at terrorists and money launders. But terrorism became worse and money laundry cases began to increase after Nigeria embraced the NIN, BVN and SIM card registration.

Talking about e-Naira and cashless economy, how does redesigning the Naira note aid these two things? Does the new design have chips to aid e-Naira? Must the CBN redesign Naira notes (physical cash or hard currency) before the CBN can make policies that will encourage e-Naira and cashless economy? You are not logical here at all.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by general111(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2022
Very good write up..
But must you abuse people in order to pass a message or make a point?

2 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iwaeda: 11:09am On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:
CBN: What Idiots Don't Know About the New Naira.

I noticed everyone is complaining about the new notes and it's irrelevance at the moment. That is expected, but I like the fact that no matter how many million times you complain, they'll still do it.

Does the new money have economic value? No. It doesn't, but it has a control value from criminals.

Your complaint can't stop them (the government) and I have vowed never to waste my energy complaining but find out reasons to agree with the CBN.

The main reason for rebranding will never be exposed to the public. Only those who dig deeper will know.

1. Security: A lot of kidnappers and politicians have bags (Ghana must go bags) of the old notes at their disposal and the government wants to push these people to come out of their closets and head to the bank to exchange these money and from there, they'll be caught. Also, these criminals won't go to the bank — they'll send people and these people will be questioned and if they don't bribe the bankers, they'll be caught.

3. e-Naira growth: After this process, the government will put a huge tax on anyone withdrawing up to 1 million Naira. The money you'll pay as tax for withdrawing 1 million Naira will be almost 1 million Naira too. Imagine paying 1 million Naira just to withdraw 1 million Naira? Will you do that? No. Since most people won't do this, kidnappers will mostly reduce their price or they'll start using digital means of receiving payment and they can be easily caught even if it's via crypto.

4. Cashless economy: Just as above, Nigeria will focus more on cashless economy and this will help in curbing crime, bullion vans moving money from bank to banks and getting attacked by armed robbers in the process.

Unfortunately, Internet crime will increase. Some people's e-Naira accounts will be hacked, but the good news is, they'll find out where the money was sent to. So, they'll still get caught.

In summary, what the CBN is doing is good even though it doesn't increase the value of the Naira. At least, it will increase the security of the Naira and curb money abuse and financial crime.

Insulting people because of your personal interests shows how badly you were brought up grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by VKN23: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2022
BATified2023:

My dear
Suffer no dey tire youundecided
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by Okoroawusa: 11:11am On Oct 27, 2022
Very helpful and insightful write up. You made sense and have explained it to the basic as possible.
However change the headline and remove the "idiots" part of it. It might put some people off thereby depriving them of the wonderful information you have passed here.

8 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 11:11am On Oct 27, 2022
BATified2023:

The idiot is universal. Just try your best not to be among them. We Nigerians love to complain too much and that was why I decided to offend those people. Dem too complain. At least, let me hurt their feelings a little.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by akwesenana: 11:12am On Oct 27, 2022
The wise, saucy legendd cool
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by Ravenna: 11:13am On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:
Some people will ask, "What of those old or market women who don't know how to use e-Naira or Android phone?" They'll be the ones using the lower denominations of the Naira.

For those market women who control millions, they have young workers or children who are computer savvy to handle the e-transactions for them.

Since you know Bankers can be bribed and there are million other ways to Clean dirty money
Why calling people idiot when your so called Sensible writeup is flawed!

You're the bigger idiot here.

11 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by BATified2023: 11:15am On Oct 27, 2022
VKN23:

My dear
Suffer no dey tire youundecided
don’t assume everyone is in d same position as u,it’s annoying when u see people through your present condition

The fact u are suffering doesn’t mean others are suffering

2 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2022
iwaeda:

Insulting people because of your personal interests shows how badly you were brought up grin grin grin grin grin
The keyword "idiot" is actually the reason most people will read this post. That's how the brain works. I don't mean to insult anyone, but at least, I got everyone curious and their attention with it so they can stop complaining.

The CBN has more agendas than what I wrote and it's for the good of the country, so people should stop complaining. It's pissing me off.

12 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by VKN23: 11:18am On Oct 27, 2022
BATified2023:
don’t assume everyone is in d same position as u,it’s annoying when u see people through your present condition

The fact u are suffering doesn’t mean others are suffering
ppl where killed today under the leadership of APC where they not
gas price increased by 62% in just a year under APC

AND YET YOU ARE BATIFIED

GIVE me 3 GOOD REASON WHY APC SHOULD RULE AGAIN AND I'll DEACTIVATE MY account

1 Like

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iwaeda: 11:23am On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:
The keyword "idiot" is actually the reason most people will read this post. That's how the brain works. I don't mean to insult anyone, but at least, I got everyone curious and their attention with it so they can stop complaining.

The CBN has more agendas than what I wrote and it's for the good of the country, so people should stop complaining. It's pissing me off.

The ideal is no brainer, Go and read about Turkmenistan. The idea may push the dollar to N1300 per dollar. Those who can't use banks will have way of getting their money refined. On a lighter note, never call anyone idiot, you may sound more idiotic. Have you watched the 3 idiots an Indian film? grin grin grin grin grin angry
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by jeromestarks: 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
Finally,this boy has post something sensible aside yansh.
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by jeromestarks: 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
iwaeda:

The ideal is no brainer, Go and read about Turkmenistan. The idea may push the dollar to N1300 per dollar. Those who can't use banks will have way of getting their money refined. On a lighter note, never call anyone idiot, you may sound more idiotic. Have you watched the 3 idiots an Indian film? grin grin grin grin grin angry
The guy thought he is intelligent and that's the beginning of his foolishness.
Just leave him.

3 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by MadamExcellency: 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:
CBN: What You Don't Know About the New Naira.

I noticed everyone is complaining about the new notes and their irrelevance at the moment. That is expected, but I like the fact that no matter how many million times you complain, they'll still do it.

1. Security: A lot of kidnappers and politicians have bags (Ghana must go bags) of old notes at their disposal and the government wants to push these people to come out of their closets and head to the bank to exchange this money and from there, they'll be caught. Also, these criminals won't go to the bank — they'll send people and these people will be questioned.

The terrorist and Bandits will kidnap Army Generals, Politicians, threaten to fire the Presidential fleet with missiles and demand ransom in new Naira notes.

They have it, so easy.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
MadamExcellency:

The terrorist and Bandits will kidnap Army Generals, Politicians, threaten to fire the Presidential fleet with missiles and demand ransom in new Naira notes.

They have it, so easy.
Good point. Their enablers are in power. I wonder the jazz used to convince Buhari to approve such a decision. This is unlike him.
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by blacksam01: 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
@ OP what will happen yo the over 1000,000 POs operators...?

will dey b phased out..?
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
blacksam01:
@ OP what will happen yo the over 1000,000 POs operators...?

will dey b phased out..?
They'll still operate because they give money to mostly people who don't need money in bulk. Higher denominations will still be used in cash, but not in millions.

The CBN is trying to stop people from hoarding millions or billions. This will affect kidnappers and some politicians. "If your transaction is legit, do it via transfer so that we can easily track you and find out the source and the destination." That is what the government is trying to say.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by blacksam01: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:
They'll still operate because they give money to mostly people who don't need money in bulk. Higher denominations will still be used in cash, but not in millions.

The CBN is trying to stop people from hoarding millions or billions. This will affect kidnappers and some politicians. "If your transaction is legit, do it via transfer so that we can easily track you and find out the source and the destination." That is what the government is trying to say.

ehy didn't theCBN redominate the naira decimal..?

it will also mk dem redesign the fiat and also place value on the naira, eliminate huge cash withdrawals, bring back coins, re-adjust the payment system..etc..

that shld be a better policy dont you think..?
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by epondudu: 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Thank you op for your insight.
No matter what happened or what is about to happen most Nigerians are not ready to know, They just want to attack the government, redesigning of currency is a global practice, it is a way of checkmating financial syndicate,it just varies in time and scope.

6 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by Slynation(m): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
blacksam01:

it will also mk dem redesign the fiat and also place value on the naira, eliminate huge cash withdrawals, bring back coins, re-adjust the payment system..etc..

Just like what the Ghanians did, but don't you think it will be the highest form of self deceit...?? Of what use will it be when a goods worth #1000 is now sold for #10 because decimalisation of naira has been carried out...does it really create any value in the nutshell or we just want to deceive our self...!!

1 Like

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by blacksam01: 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
Slynation:
Just like what the Ghanians did, but don't you think it will be the highest form of self deceit...?? Of what use will it be when a goods worth #1000 is now sold for #10 because decimalisation of naira has been carried out...does it really create any value in the nutshell or we just want to deceive our self...!!

i listed its benefits...among them
.lesser withdrawals aand adequate pricing system..also the rr-introduction of coins
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by Okwyjesus(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:
CBN: What You Don't Know About the New Naira.

If this is true then Obi's tenure is blessed.

Obi is coming

2 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by Olachase(m): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:
The idiot is universal. Just try your best not to be among them. We Nigerians love to complain too much and that was why I decided to offend those people. Dem too complain. At least, let me hurt their feelings a little.
then for you to have change the topic, seems you are the idi*t here grin grin
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by Parachoko: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
iLegendd:

After this process, the government will put a huge tax on anyone withdrawing up to 1 million Naira. The money you'll pay as tax for withdrawing 1 million Naira will be almost 1 million Naira too. Imagine paying 1 million Naira just to withdraw 1 million Naira?

I stop reading after seeing this nonsense

Where did you get this nonsense from? Are you high on drugs or high on liquor?

5 Likes

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
Kidnappers reduce price? Very very weak points you have up there.

1 Like

Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by MufasaLion: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
Stupid boy trying to sound smart. Disgusting thread!

Don't fvcking bother to mention me. I ain't gonna see nor respond!
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
blacksam01:

100%
Re: CBN: What You Don't Know About The New Naira. by iLegendd(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
MufasaLion:
Stupid boy trying to sound smart. Disgusting thread!

Don't fvcking bother to mention me. I ain't gonna see nor respond!
This dumb kid no one knows in real life or online is trying to use reverse psychology so that I'll reply him. tongue

I'll always be smarter than you and everyone in your lineage. You can get jealous, but it can't change a thing. I never knew you existed till this day you came to seek for my attention.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Lucrative Business Can 500k Start / Nigeria’s Cement Industry Rise By 1400% / Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.