Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija (5898 Views)

And Why Won't God And NUC Punish KSU Management / FG And NMA Agree On September 22nd resumption date for schools!!! / Lasu And Nuc -what Future For The Part Time Student? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija by Anthonylegal(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2011
If there was any aducation policy and quality contract signed bt the founder of Madonna University Fr. Edeh and the NUC, then i think the university has failed in such agreement and should be closed down.

Today in Madonna University, immorality, bribery and corruption of different kinds are the order of the day. Now in the school students dont need to read in order to pass their exams but just have enough money to pay their way through, or as a beautiful female student just be willing to accept the the offer of the lecturers who are now forcing innocent female students to have sex with them in their offices.

I think the aim of the FG approval of the establishment of private universities was to sanitize the nation's educational system and bring qualititative education to the students. Where then is the quality of education when proffessors are hired to pose as lecturers of the school only during NUC inspection and are paid off after the inspection and the students left at the marcy of cheap first degree holders who are members of the prigrimage center of the founder that could not get job anywhere with there sub standard certificates.

You can never give what you dont have, so to save our children from graduating into becoming half baked graduates let that school be closed down untill they are ready to put in the best of accademic rsources in order to bring out the best in the student.lecturers of the school only during NUC inspection and are paid off after the inspection and the students left at the marcy of cheap first degree holders who are members of the prigrimage center of the founder that could not get job anywhere with there sub standard certificates.

You can never give what you dont have, so to save our children from graduating into becoming half baked graduates let that school be closed down untill they are ready to put in the best of accademic rsources in order to bring out the best in the student.
Re: A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija by OmoEziokwu: 3:43am On Nov 15, 2011
Evidence.

Re: A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija by DonaldsN(m): 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
Its not only in MADONNA dat dis things happens. It happens in every other public school. If dia is anything d govt can do 2d skul cos of dis issue, it should also be done 2every oda public skul
Re: A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija by OmoEziokwu: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2012
I remember when the topic on this school (Madonna University) was first brought up, many came out to defend the school and say that all the allegations against the school were wrong. Now what do we have? A poohole that has continued to rip people off their money and destroy the future of young and great Nigerians, leaving many with scars that would be hard to recover from. Well this is just the beginning because there is still more to be revealed about the school. Madonna is one of the most evil places you can think of, maybe asides Kirikiri prison. Everything is fake and the people there act as if they are under a spell and can't talk about what was happening to them. The University accommodation is pathetic and the whole "justice" system of the school is at best, hideous. The head of students' affairs, a certain "Aunty Philo" has everybody under her feet, including the HODs and lecturers. She tells you anything she likes for you to pay as fine. Students get expelled for nothing, crazy fines are imposed on students, people aren't even allowed to write their carry-over exams so that they'll repeat and pay the school fees again for a spill-over, and even when they write their spill-over exams, they are not given their results and never allowed to graduate. You have people who come into Madonna for a four-year course having to spend nine (9) years or never even allowed to graduate. There is no synergy between the exams and records department and the various faculties and departments, and that is the reason why students keep complaining of missing results even after they have taken the exams. You could even be woken up at 12AM to be told that you just got expelled, if maybe a phone gets missing in the room you are sleeping in, even if you know nothing about it. At different times, Father Edeh even brings foreigners who he claims are on exchange programs to the school, but on a closer look they are members of foreign charity organizations that have come to see the supposed "charities" that he claims to be running. On a weekly basis, at certain times he makes photographers take pictures of students who are woken up around 6AM, looking all rough and unkempt because they haven't taken their bath and all of that, and the news that makes the rounds is that he uses such pictures to solicit for help from foreign aid organizations. After that (the "jogging session"wink, he will make them sit under the sun for between two (2) to three (3) hours, telling them one lie after the other, about how he went to Chicago University and how he is trying to bring the best equipment to Madonna. The security men have absolute powers, meaning that you can't even explain yourself if there is any awkward or wrong situation you are accidentally found in. Has anybody asked about what is going on in the so-called medical school? That one is the biggest joke of all. Anyone who think that all of this is a lie should pay that place a visit. It is not about anyone forcing anybody to go there, some people actually attended the school because it was listed as a Nigerian university to be attended, just like every other Nigerian university. Drawing from that, it would then be unfair to say "you weren't forced to go there".

Please take a look at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/805270/scam-center-called-madonna-university
Re: A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija by buruspatrick: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
I stand here without fear of contradiction to state that what is reported here contradicts my personal knowledge of Madonna University. I have three sons and two daughters. I trained one boy and a girl in Madonna University while the rest studied in other Universities. As their father and going by the reports I usually receive from everyone around, there is clear difference from the ones who graduated from Madonna and those from other schools. Morally they are sound, academically they are well grounded in their various fields of studies unlike the rest. Again the boy from Madonna got a job few weeks after his youth service. I came to know that his employment was not by chance when the girl who graduated many years after the others still got a job before them. My biggest surprise however finally came when I wanted three of them to further their education overseas. Out of the three, only the one from Madonna got direct admission for his masters; the others were told to makeup before going in for proper registration. Finally, I want to state here clearly that I am a lecturer in another University but I sent my children to that school and not just myself but many of my colleagues have done the same including the Deputy Vice Chancellor. My experience is personal.
Re: A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija by uzorchidera: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
When I read this post I was wandering whether there is another University that goes by the name Madonna. I graduated from that school about three years ago and I am presently doing my PhD research overseas. While in Madonna, the policy of the institution concerning corruption was very clear. Dubious lecturers who tried to introduce into the institution corrupt practices that are canonized in most of the universities in the country were dealt with decisively. There is also an open and personal relationship between the students and all the key functionaries in the University. In this way, students have every opportunity of reporting any kind of abuse against them. Therefore, any student who allowed him or herself to be abused for whatever reason should not blame it on the management. What is reported here cannot be true of the Madonna University I graduated from. My younger ones are still there and they are still talking good of the institution. Coming to the issue of comPitent staff Madonna is by far better than most of the government owned Universities
Re: A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija by uzorchidera: 10:27am On Oct 07, 2014
It is quite unfortunate that good work is rewarded with evil in the Nigerian context. I remember vividly well that about fifteen years ago, the standard of education in this country was at the very verge of collapsing. Cultism, sexual molestation, exam malpractice, buying of grades for money and or sex, riots of all kinds, consistent strikes etc, were gradually canonized and celebrated in almost all the tertiary institutions in Nigeria. It was at a time like this that Madonna came (for me) as God sent to liberate the educational sector of this country. For over ten years now every well meaning citizen of this country will accept this simple fact that the institution has really turn things around for good. It is a well known fact that the school is dominated by children of lecturers from other Universities and this goes a long well to tell you that there is something in Madonna which one cannot find in other Universities in this country. Finally even if there is something wrong about a system and one wishes to point out, it is never a justified reason why one should go exaggerating. The picture presented here has nothing to do with Madonna and this can be verified by any one that cares.

(1) (Reply)

How Jamb 2017 Post Utme Score Would Be Calculated / The New Dress Code For Faculty Of Management Sciences (UNIBEN) / CAUTION- If You Find These In Your House, Make Sure You Talk To A Doctor Immedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.