Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Google Pixel Or Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixel Or Iphone (3559 Views)

Iphone, Pixel, Or Samsung / Should I Get The Google Pixel 1 Or Iphone 6s? / Top 7 Things To Do Instead Of Buying The Iphone 8 Or Iphone 8 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2022
Hi guys, I want to get a new phone but I'm conflicted between Google pixel and iPhone.
N.B: I've never used either before. Also, what budget-friendly Google pixel is the best to get?
Which is more flexible to use in Nigeria, in terms of cheap/available parts in case it spoils.

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by donprosper6(m): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:
Hi guys, I want to get a new phone but I'm conflicted between Google pixel and iPhone.
N.B: I've never used either before. Also, what budget-friendly Google pixel is the best to get?
Which is more flexible to use in Nigeria, in terms of cheap/available parts in case it spoils.

I currently used both
What's your budget and what's most valuable for you on smartphones?

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Grandmeister(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:
Iphone parts are easily available and cheaper.

4 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by donprosper6(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Grandmeister:

Iphone parts are easily available and cheaper.

You're buying it to smash on the ground?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Allison012: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
OP buy pixel and forget iphone abeg

6 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Looter100: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
donprosper6:

I no think say this wan dey reason at all

9 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Looter100: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
Buy iphone and get peace bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by donprosper6(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
Looter100:
I no think say this wan dey reason at all
You dey reason like goat

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
Budget is 300-350k. I like camera quality, free use of apps, and good gaming experience
donprosper6:

What's your budget and what's most valuable for you on smartphones?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
No but just in case something happens to it one day
donprosper6:

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
Google pixel can't give me peace? �
Looter100:
Buy iphone and get peace bro

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by sunshineV(f): 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:
Budget is 300-350k. I like camera quality, free use of apps, and good gaming experience
pixel 6 pro

3 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
What about its parts?
sunshineV:
pixel 6 pro
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by sunshineV(f): 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:
What about its parts?
been using my uk used pixel 3 since last year november without replacing any part. Got screen gaurd and pouch from ali. My point is, its a durable phone and if u need parts e full ikeja. its also a global world

6 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by donprosper6(m): 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:
No but just in case something happens to it one day

With your budget the best phone is google Pixel 6 pro
But since you have much consideration for the parts then iphone will be a better choice cuz it's more durable and you can easily get the parts anywhere
But google pixel is really a sweet phone.

Apart from the parts not always available in naija and iphone being more durable
Google pixel 6 pro beats any iphone you can get at that price hands down.

3 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Unbiased1: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:

Both iPhone and Google Pixel are much capable of giving you a good experience. For iPhone, I will suggest either 12 or 13 because at that price range, I'm not sure you can get any Pro Max version of either iPhone 13 or 12 so I will be considering only the pro version and lower. For Google, I will suggest either the Pixel 6 or 7 series.

Based on the features you love in a phone, here is brief comparison:

1) Camera: In the camera department, the pixel phones take better daylight pictures than the iPhones, the pixels also take better low light shots and zoom shots with good details. The iPhone takes better macro shot, has a wider Ultra wide angle camera, and kills the pixel in portrait shots. They both have similar performance in selfie pictures so this one is down to your preference but the Pixel's selfie shots always have more details in low light conditions.
For video recording, while the Pixel tends to handle exposure slightly better in extremely bright conditions, the iPhone just manages to produce a better looking video. The iPhone video recording quality is just the best in the business for now, it's cinematic mode destroys that of the Pixel 7, low light video is also better etc Pixel only wins in video stabilisation as far as video recording is concerned.

2) Free use of Apps: Most Android apps are free to download, even apps that are not free on the Play store can be gotten for free on other app stores like Apkpure, aptoid etc. Let's not also forget the availability of modded apps that have unlocked all pro features of the app. For iPhone, many developers tend to put a price tag on most of their apps because of the higher fees they get to pay to have their apps placed in the Apple App store but, there are still many free apps to try.

3) Gaming: All the phones are capable of good gaming. Remember that both phones are not gaming devices but with the Pixel Pros, you can play games at highest frame rate and graphics settings as the phones have 1440p resolution with support for 120hz refresh rate. The non pro Pixel 6 supports 90hz refresh rate which can also allow you play games at relatively high frame rate.
For the iPhone, you can get similar performance from the pro models but the non pro models are still pegged at 60hz so you won't be able to play some intense games at the highest frame rate. Both phones can heat up to about 42° when used intensively.

Now you can make your choice.

12 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Unbiased1: 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:
What about its parts?

The iPhone parts are far easier to get than Pixel parts. Google Pixel is not among the most used phones in Nigeria, in fact, most Nigerians don't even know that Google makes phones same with phone engineers. I know how many times engineers have called my Pixel phone a Gionee because of the G logo at the back, I always have to start explaining who built my phone. Just ensure your Pixel phone don't get spoilt because you will suffer looking for parts in Computer village or searching AliExpress for the part and you don't want to know the price tag of these scarce parts.

5 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Mustack: 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
Marthiee:

Go for pixel 7a or the pro

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Holybaddo: 12:24am On Nov 01, 2022
Omo my iPhone hangs sometimes ohh
Especially when am doing heavy things

But my Samsung never have
So bro buy Google pixe

But if you want you can buy iPhone depending on which one and why you want to buy phone.
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by donprosper6(m): 4:52am On Nov 01, 2022
Google pixel 6 pro is the best choice but not as durable as iphone and parts not in Nigeria simple.
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 6:54am On Nov 01, 2022
By durable, what do you mean?
donprosper6 postp=118029776:
Google pixel 6 pro is the best choice but not as durable as iphone and parts not in Nigeria simple.
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Mustack: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2022
donprosper6:

AliExpress is there for you
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2022
Banks aren't taking international transactions unless you have a dollar card
Mustack:

AliExpress is there for you
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by donprosper6(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2022
Marthiee:
By durable, what do you mean?

Iphone feel a little stronger and
Pixel 6 pro has curved screen too
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by blingxx(m): 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2022
sunshineV:
been using my uk used pixel 3 since last year november without replacing any part. Got screen gaurd and pouch from ali. My point is, its a durable phone and if u need parts e full ikeja. its also a global world

I budget 70k or 80k can I get a good London used Google pixel ?
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by sunshineV(f): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
blingxx:

I budget 70k or 80k can I get a good London used Google pixel ?
yes. Pixel 3 or 3xl
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Looter100: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
donprosper6:

You dey reason like goat
You foor were boy
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by donprosper6(m): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2022
Looter100:
You foor were boy

Lmao... I get pass you.
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Looter100: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
donprosper6:

Lmao... I get pass you.
no vex sir I no say you go old pass me wish you a nice weekend sir na here person just dey laugh small
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by thepoweruser(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2022
For the record...

Unbiased1:

Based on the features you love in a phone, here is brief comparison:

1) Camera: In the camera department, the pixel phones take better daylight pictures than the iPhones, the pixels also take better low light shots and zoom shots with good details. The iPhone takes better macro shot, has a wider Ultra wide angle camera, and kills the pixel in portrait shots. They both have similar performance in selfie pictures so this one is down to your preference but the Pixel's selfie shots always have more details in low light conditions.

Actually it all depends on aesthetics.
Do you like cool, contrasty photos or do you like taking pics of metropolitan areas such as cityscapes and highways? Do you like the ability to remove photobombers in one tap? Get yourself a Pixel.
However do you love taking beach pictures? Cat photos? Sharp photos of toddlers jumping into the swimming pool? Or do you like editing your pics? Get the iPhone.
Oh, and by the way the iPhone takes better selfies, thanks to better image processing and autofocus.
If you want a reliable camera, however; just get an iPhone.

Unbiased1:
For video recording, while the Pixel tends to handle exposure slightly better in extremely bright conditions, the iPhone just manages to produce a better looking video. The iPhone video recording quality is just the best in the business for now, it's cinematic mode destroys that of the Pixel 7, low light video is also better etc Pixel only wins in video stabilisation as far as video recording is concerned.

Hands down the iPhone practically *butchers* the Pixel 6 Pro in video quality and camera switching.

Unbiased1:
2) Free use of Apps: Most Android apps are free to download, even apps that are not free on the Play store can be gotten for free on other app stores like Apkpure, aptoid etc. Let's not also forget the availability of modded apps that have unlocked all pro features of the app. For iPhone, many developers tend to put a price tag on most of their apps because of the higher fees they get to pay to have their apps placed in the Apple App store but, there are still many free apps to try.

Honestly, apps just look and perform better on iOS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Unbiased1:
3) Gaming: All the phones are capable of good gaming. Remember that both phones are not gaming devices but with the Pixel Pros, you can play games at highest frame rate and graphics settings as the phones have 1440p resolution with support for 120hz refresh rate. The non pro Pixel 6 supports 90hz refresh rate which can also allow you play games at relatively high frame rate.
For the iPhone, you can get similar performance from the pro models but the non pro models are still pegged at 60hz so you won't be able to play some intense games at the highest frame rate. Both phones can heat up to about 42° when used intensively.

Never use a Pixel for gaming if you are playing with eSports champs. Just sayin'.

Oh, and BTW , thepoweruser is back, fam. kiss

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by nerdfrost(m): 1:15am On Nov 05, 2022
thepoweruser:
For the record...

Actually it all depends on aesthetics.
Do you like cool, contrasty photos or do you like taking pics of metropolitan areas such as cityscapes and highways? Do you like the ability to remove photobombers in one tap? Get yourself a Pixel.
However do you love taking beach pictures? Cat photos? Sharp photos of toddlers jumping into the swimming pool? Or do you like editing your pics? Get the iPhone.
Oh, and by the way the iPhone takes better selfies, thanks to better image processing and autofocus.
If you want a reliable camera, however; just get an iPhone.

Hands down the iPhone practically *butchers* the Pixel 6 Pro in video quality and camera switching.

Honestly, apps just look and perform better on iOS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Never use a Pixel for gaming if you are playing with eSports champs. Just sayin'.

Oh, and BTW , thepoweruser is back, fam. kiss

Your take looks more biased though
Re: Google Pixel Or Iphone by Marthiee(f): 3:54am On Nov 05, 2022
I heard that the pixel 6 series has some factory issues
sunshineV:
pixel 6 pro

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Best MTN Tariff Called MTN Pulse And How To Migrate. / Ever Wondered What Letter I Stands For At the Back Of The iphone / English Version Of Ttpod For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.