Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? (653 Views)

How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by HUSTLER001: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
I'm in a dilemma right now and I am not happy because something happened this morning at work that confirmed that the management where I work may have come to my house unannounced to enquire things about me from my neighbours.Though,I am new and I understand that for whatever reasons, they want to confirm my identity if it's true but should they have gone that length. I'm thinking of resigning! My image is dented.
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by Zonefree(m): 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
I'm thinking of resigning! My image is dented.

See this one undecided

What nonsense image? Image that can't make you a billionaire so you can stop working for people grin. Die that useless image abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by Onucs(m): 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
Resign bro

Give me your boss number, make I cut am warning
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by fman(m): 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2022
U r been employed by tyrants!!
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by VeryWickedMan: 12:29pm On Nov 01, 2022
The worst thing that can happen to any Nigerian employee is your boss and landlord coming together.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by HUSTLER001: 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
Zonefree:

See this one undecided

What nonsense image? Image that can't make you a billionaire so you can stop working for people grin. Die that useless image abeg!
You no fit understand my brother grin But I stii dey vex angry
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by Mjshexy(f): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
HUSTLER001:
I'm in a dilemma right now and I am not happy because something happened this morning at work that confirmed that the management where I work may have come to my house unannounced to enquire things about me from my neighbours.Though,I am new and I understand that for whatever reasons, they want to confirm my identity if it's true but should they have gone that length. I'm thinking of resigning! My image is dented.
Common it's just a normal background check up, as a HR personnel we do send staff for background check up on our new intakes without their knowledge. Get to know where they stay and ask about them, it's nothing to be angry about sir.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by dopedan(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2022
sad
Mjshexy:
Common it's just a normal background check up, as a HR personnel we do send staff for background check up on our new intakes without their knowledge. Get to know where they stay and ask about them, it's nothing to be angry about sir.
Does your company accept corpers?
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
that is verification but if want to resign pls do ,so that another person can be employ
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by soundOsonic: 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
Calm down guy.
If it is matter that involves you handling logistics without supervision or possessing the company asset without supervision or you handling company money without supervision, the information you provided to the company can be verified for future purpose.
The company isn't breaching any agreement on privacy, as you consented in providing personal information without being coerced or forced.
They are legally obligated to carry out their findings in their employees, you shouldn't be worried sincee you don't have cockroach in your cupboard or you are not planning evil intentions.
You should be fine.
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by Emma1Oj(m): 6:47am On Nov 04, 2022
It's all those useless security companies that their salary won't be more than 40k nai dey always do that nonsense. A good company don't do that, they will only call your guarantors to confirm their identity and yours.

Reason why those security visit your home is because they know they are cheat, constant salary deduction for no reason, unpaid salaries etc. If you fight back by doing anything that doesn't favour dem dey will com after you. I almost made one loose their contract den. I left my bit for days without their notice. Dey called and beg I return. Me I've moved on. That was during covid.
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by Emma1Oj(m): 6:55am On Nov 04, 2022
soundOsonic:
Calm down guy.
If it is matter that involves you handling logistics without supervision or possessing the company asset without supervision or you handling company money without supervision, the information you provided to the company can be verified for future purpose.
The company isn't breaching any agreement on privacy, as you consented in providing personal information without being coerced or forced.
They are legally obligated to carry out their findings in their employees, you shouldn't be worried sincee you don't have cockroach in your cupboard or you are not planning evil intentions.
You should be fine.
Guy, I'm a Logistician for years. Where I'm working now my guarantors forms I've not summit it. HR don't even borders me (well, don't kn if dem forget shall)and I seating on properties/materials/parts worth Billions. My house dey don't kn even my guarantors dey didn't call and I'm 9month old in the coy now. No one introduce me to the job.
Re: Is It Right For An Employer To Visit His Employees House Without Notice? by soundOsonic: 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
Emma1Oj:
Guy, I'm a Logistician for years. Where I'm working now my guarantors forms I've not summit it. HR don't even borders me (well, don't kn if dem forget shall)and I seating on properties/materials/parts worth Billions. My house dey don't kn even my guarantors dey didn't call and I'm 9month old in the coy now. No one introduce me to the job.

Guy, that's the fault of the HR, not your fault.
If any logistician steals those goods and they can't travel him, you and your colleagues will not enjoy that company after.

(1) (Reply)

Logistic Manager - Waste Management / Let Me Teach You How To Make 6 Figures Weekly / Link Me With Drivers Who Want To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.