Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff (52934 Views)

Police Confirms Death Of Ifeanyi Adeleke, grills Domestic Staff / Davido's Son's Death: Ifeanyi Nanny And Eight Others Arrested (photos, Video) / Coronavirus: Peter Okoye, Wife Lola, Daughter Test Positive & 2 Domestic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by TheGistDay: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2022
There are indications that the police might conduct an autopsy to determine whether Ifeanyi Adeleke, son of popular music artiste, Davido, and his fiancée, Chioma Rowland, died as a result of drowning in a swimming pool at his father’s residence in the Banana Island area of Lagos State.

According to a source, who confirmed the development, it was standard practice for the police to conduct an autopsy in such a case, adding, however, that the police would desist from the move if the deceased’s family members were against it.

Though the family members are not saying anything yet because they are still in shock but until anybody says stop, the standard procedure is to conduct an autopsy and we are going to follow that procedure just like in any case of death,” the source said.

The source also disclosed that out of the eight domestic workers interrogated by the police in connection with Ifeanyi’s death, the cook and nanny, whose jobs was to cater for the wellbeing of the three-year-old boy, had been detained for reasons including the failure to uphold the duty of care of the minor.

“It was the work of the nanny to take care of the child (Ifeanyi); the nanny was negligent or how could the boy have left the house without her knowledge?

“The boy left the house, walked to the back where the swimming pool is situated and fell into the swimming pool. Nobody noticed until much later. At that point in time, he had drowned and was at the bottom of the swimming pool.

“So, they brought him out and rushed him to the Lagoon Hospital, where the doctors tried unsuccessfully to revive him. They left the hospital and rushed the boy to Evercare Hospital, where he was declared dead.

They have deposited his corpse in the mortuary for an autopsy to reveal the cause of death. All the domestic workers at home when the incident happened have been questioned by the police but only the nanny and cook were detained,” the source added.

Confirming the detention of the two domestic workers, the spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, when contacted, said, “I spoke with the DPO and he said the nanny and the cook have been detained. Other domestic workers brought in for questioning were involved released.”

Also a closed circuit television (CCTV) which should be installed in such a high brow residence, can shed more light on the probable cause of his death.

The news of the death of three year-old, Ifeanyi Adeleke has thrown the family into mourning since Monday when the boy was said to have drowned and also attracted tributes from important personalities, celebrities and the public who sent messages on their social media handles.

https://leadership.ng/ifeanyi-autopsy-likely-as-police-free-six-davidos-domestic-staff-detain-two/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Ireportlive: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2022
Nanny don enter trouble, am sure the Nanny and the Chef would spend more than 24hours

65 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by ScooperTechNG(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
Paxful is celebrating it's 7th year by giving you the chance to win exclusive Paxful goodies!

Prize: $15,000
Winners: All Valid Paxful Users

Visit https://paxful.com to get started

4 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by hotsign1: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
The job of the NANNY IS TO LOOK AFTER THE BOY

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Karlovych: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
embarassed Poor parenting lead to he boy's death, a child less than 5 years of age must always be closely monitored even though it's a huge task for them.

Children are always curious and don't have the concept of consequences for their actions in their developing minds

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by MrPRevailer(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
Brazil is HOT right now - Check my recent thread Post to know why.

They relied solely on Voting machines for their Presidential elections.

2 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Romanoff(f): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
May God not allow us enter the kind of trouble.

The nanny probably didn't look out for the boy cause she was counting on the many people in the house.

The many people in the house probably didn't pay attention to the boy cause they assumed he's with the nanny.

321 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by MuslimIgbo: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
Good.

We can not blame the dead innocent boy
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Danisaint112(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ok let them remain there first.

Modified: Something is not just right here. I don't want to believe the Dad himself has a hand in this but being that the boy died same way Dbanj son died in 2018 anything is possible.

DBanj introduced the swimming pool to his son by walking past the pool with him,
Few days later DBanj travelled to the US,
The next day boom the son drowned and died.

In davido's case;
He taught this son how to swim,
Few days later he traveled for a show or whatever,
Boom the little kid drowned.

Why is it that they are not always around when it happens?

Like I don't want to be over thinking things but these people are not men of God and even some of the people we know as men of God (GO's) soil their hands in evil.

This format is too obvious to be a coincidence. But again I won't to draw my conclusions yet.

When I saw the news of him teaching his son how to swim I was like Davido do not use your child for ritual oo abeg, don't kill your child. I don't know where that came from but that's what came out of my mouth immediately.

Truth is if the Child died a Natural Death, the truth will be revealed someday otherwise the culprit or those responsible will definitely pay for this in someway. The truth will definitely come out someday.

See fine boy this people just killed for me. Just negodu!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by davillian(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
The job of the NANNY IS TO LOOK AFTER THE BOY.....

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Rollins777(m): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
God us the beginning and the end.

1 Like

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by FreebiesGRAM: 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
shocked shocked shocked

The heart of man is wicked.

Check my signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by meobizy(f): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
Milk the news very well. Useless Nairaland.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by youngbabaj(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
I go comment later
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by LibertyRep: 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
How will the nanny wriggle out of this?

2 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by zombieHUNTER: 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
They shouldn't look for a scapegoat

3 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by hotspec(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
May God console the families. I feel their pains.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by wunmi590(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2022

Hmmm oga oooo

RIP son
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by southsouthking(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
Mistakes are bound to happen, no man is perfect.
After all the stress She could easily have slept off without her knowing because no one can cheat nature.
Been a nanny require you to sleep less and work more especially when it comes to dealing with kids.
Ifeanyi could easily have walked out quietly without the nanny even knowing.
Now the question is couldn't other staff has seen him walking out from the house?
I'm beginning to feel the pain and burden this nanny will go through.
All manner of accusations and blame will be apportioned to her now forgetting she has been the nanny when ifeanyi was still a toddler.
May God grant the family the fortitude to bare the loss.
RIP ifeanyi, continue to Rest in God's blossom.

Modified: I'm not taking side with the nanny and cook though.

38 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Rebuke: 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2022
Seriously, something must be wrong somewhere. The child must have been in the water for more than 30minutes.

The fact that non of them could realise he was out of sight for that long actually spells negligence.

Habba, even the parent, except they were both so busy. If the later is the case, he must have left in the care of the nanny, is it that what they're employed for?

7 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Thryphosa(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
Nanny don enter am

2 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Thebossoasis(f): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
cry
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by tonididdy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
It's very likely the drowning is a decoy away from the actual cause of death

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by STEWpid(f): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
Chai..

People should stop publicising the demise of this boy, it's unhealthy to the family's health and wellbeing.

No be wetin dem dey use fame!

Let the soul of the boy rest and reincarnate successfully.

To die is to live again.

Soul does not grief!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by slivertongue: 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
Them disappointed their employer.
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by adioolayi(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
It's well
Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by chris4gold(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2022
What about the CCTV footage

9 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by Segzy19: 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
Poor nanny and cook!

1 Like

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by olaniyilukman(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
What type of nonsense is this, will nanny be following the little kid up and down and what of if nature caught nanny unaware, will she take the baby to the restroom.. Negligence on the part of the parents is the cause of this young blood dead

7 Likes

Re: Nanny And Cook Detained As Police Release 6 Of Davido's Domestic Staff by HardBishop: 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2022
Why would DAVIDO install swimming pool where a toddler is? This individual is a very reckless and careless person. Children are very smart and want to try thing that are dangerous.
I remember how my junior brother then 1995 drank kerosene dropped bymy mum carelessly.
Swimming pool as simple as it is is a dangerous relaxation spot for kids

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

D'banj Is Finally Getting Married; Wedding Billed To Hold On 12th December / 'Woman Like Me, Na Ujah Dey Rush Me': Annie Idibia shares Sexy Photo / Kenneth Okonkwo And His Sisters, Anita And Princess At Enugu High Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.