Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report (14500 Views)

Ogun Students Waylay, Beat Teacher Who Stopped Them From Cheating / 16 Ogun Students In Detention For Destroying School Property, Parents Protest / Ogun: Students To Undergo COVID-19 Test On Resumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by ISTP: 1:12am On Nov 04, 2022
ISTP:
A magistrate court sitting in Owode, Ogun State, on Tuesday, November 1, 2022 granted bail to 16 pupils of Ibafo Community High School who were in police detention for 11 days over a fight that broke out in the school.

Sunday PUNCH had earlier reported that parents of these pupils protested their unlawful detention by the police.

See thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7409663/16-ogun-students-detention-destroying#118007206

The pupils were arraigned after being illegally kept in detention at the Ibafo Police Station for 10 days.

They, however, spent the night at the Owode Area Command of the Ogun State Police on Monday.

The court later freed the 16 pupils but sentenced them to two months of community service in their respective worship centres on Fridays and Sundays.

They are expected to carry out community service at the Ibafo Community Health Centre every Saturday till December 31, 2022.

One of the parents, Mrs Salmat Adediran, appreciated the management of The PUNCH for coming to their rescue after efforts to rescue the pupils had failed.

She said, “We must really thank the management of Punch for responding to our cries when we came to them. If they didn’t respond, maybe our children will still be kept in illegal detention till now. Thank you so much.”

Another parent, Mrs Kemi Lateef also thanked The PUNCH and lamented that many of the pupils have fallen ill.

She stated, “After they were released, many parents had to take their child to the hospital because they were ill already.

“A 14-year-old should never have been subjected to such harsh treatment, it took a toll on my own daughter particularly. I just want to appreciate PUNCH for listening to us when we called upon them.”

https://punchng.com/court-frees-pupils-in-detention-after-punch-report/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by ISTP: 3:14am On Nov 04, 2022
Life of a secondary school student smiley

Feeling like Legends, they will return back to school and tell different tales of them in detention.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by ObalendeCMS: 6:35am On Nov 04, 2022
Ení bí’mo oràn ní n pōn. Untrained parents with untrained children.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by Westchester(m): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
Afonjas on the beat again undecided will anything good ever come out of those people, always in the news for bad things, either they're killing someone for ritual or they're supporting an old and sick fool because he is one of them
Tueh undecided tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by FavGod(f): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
Okay

3 Likes

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by jullary(m): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
Fighting in school?!
CULTISM

1 Like

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by comatekeke: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
detention for non adult.
Nawa oh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by DasaintHope(m): 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
Look at the generation of parents we have. Clueless things.
I remember my Dad in his hey days will have secured my release from police only to hand me over to military police in the barracks to drill the shit out of me.
I still have scars to show for my childhood exuberance, almost cost me my Job back then.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by 43Ronin: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
How do you put children under 18 in police cell. A zoo indeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by seyilabi(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2022
Thank you Punch Newspaper for your good work.
I salute you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by drunkpunk(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2022
You don't say

1 Like

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by donproject2(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
With advent of events among our wards these days, I think it is hightime our constitution reduced the age a criminal could be tried, charged and jailed to 14 may be.

You need to go out and see damning things these kids do today. Many of them are confirm internet fraudster. They engage in unimaginable vices.

Secondary school students who could not be tamed but go on rancour when things go sour should be able to face the law. Children are who you give simple instruction and they abide, if a simple word/command of a school head could not stop his pupils from being part of a notorious uprising, that means those pupils have grown enough to face the term.

I show no sympathy for the arrested and detained pupils, they are just potential agberos or internet fraudsters who have nothing good to offer the society, rather, they become nightmares when they eventually grow to be called adults. I just shake my head for this present generation.

4 Likes

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by Brendaniel: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
Imagine arresting secondary school students for days and we say we are practicing democracy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by Koko88(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
Justice
Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by yusluvad(m): 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
They just want to suffer those children for their ignorance...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2022
wow

freedom at last
Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by Angelfrost(m): 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
How can you lock up kids with criminals for weeks?!!... Where in a sane world is that even conceivable?!!

This nation is truly a Jungle!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by jaxxy(m): 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2022
why are 14 year old girls locked up in a police cell? and what were the crimes of these juveniles?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by Angelfrost(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2022
Brendaniel:
Imagine arresting secondary school students for days and we say we are practicing democracy...

This nation has deteriorated beyond belief...

... It's hard to believe the citizens are even normal!

Maybe other nations should insist on mentally evaluating immigrants from this third world nation!

Seriously... Too many abnormal things to count.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by FreeStuffsNG: 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2022
Those parents and their children will be butt of jokes in the community. They and their family are forever cast as dysfunctional.

Did you notice that the father of the girl was not mentioned? Omoburuku is ti Iya o.

They are Omoburuku and they just learnt that there is a higher authority called Govt that can deal with Omoburuku omopakalanke a beti kunkun.

They will still replace everything they damaged in the school and forfeit a good testimonial from that school. They are done for even in their community.
check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by Josephkabila12: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
Westchester:
Afonjas on the beat again undecided will anything good ever come out of those people, always in the news for bad things, either they're killing someone for ritual or they're supporting an old and sick fool because he is one of them
Tueh undecided tongue
is this the way you want to promote your candidate

1 Like

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
ObalendeCMS:
Ení bí’mo oràn ní n pōn. Untrained parents with untrained children.
wrong interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by ObalendeCMS: 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
wrong interpretation.

cheesy cheesy Please ma/Sir what is the right interpretation? I’d like to know cheesy. Thank you.
Re: Court Frees 16 Ogun Students In Detention After PUNCH Report by tommy589(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2022
[quote author=ISTP post=118107335]Life of a secondary school student smiley

Feeling like Legends, they will return back to school and tell different tales of them in detention.[/quote

Na true o grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Segun Ajiboye: 19,273 Teachers Failed Qualifying Test / JAMB Discovers One Million Illegal Admissions / Chevron 2018/2019 Scholarship Exam Results Update Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.