Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,180 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Webmasters Help!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Help!!! (565 Views)

Adsensewahala Again Webmasters Help!!!! / Please Blogger/webmasters Help Me My Adsense Is So Low / Wordpress Theme Needed, Webmasters Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Help!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Good evening, house.

I own a website that has a portal for clients, VA and admin.

After a client, VA or admin logs in, if he or she copies this link (see attached screenshot) and places same on another tab on the browser, he can access the same page directly without the page requesting for login details.

The same happens even after the page is closed (provided the client, admin or VA) does not log out.

What can I do to stop this?

Your help will be appreciated.

Re: Webmasters Help!!! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
Their session hasn't expired.

Log them out from backend or clear their session/cookies on frontend
Re: Webmasters Help!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:52am On Nov 05, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Their session hasn't expired.

Log them out from backend or clear their session/cookies on frontend

Thanks, but I can't be doing that manually all the time. The second suggestion is not an option, as I am not concerned about my own account.
Re: Webmasters Help!!! by Snotat: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
Good evening, house.

I own a website that has a portal for clients, VA and admin.

After a client, VA or admin logs in, if he or she copies this link (see attached screenshot) and places same on another tab on the browser, he can access the same page directly without the page requesting for login details.

The same happens even after the page is closed (provided the client, admin or VA) does not log out.

What can I do to stop this?

Your help will be appreciated.
Why do they need to login again, just because they open the link on a another tab within the same browser. Have you seen any website that does that?

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Help!!! by RealLordZeus(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Snotat:

Why do they need to login again, just because they open the link on a another tab within the same browser. Have you seen any website that does that?
I was confused as well..

Oga op.. its normal

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Help!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2022
Snotat:

I have seen a few. I didn't know it's not a standard practice. Thanks for your input.
Re: Webmasters Help!!! by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
RealLordZeus:

I was confused as well..

Oga op.. its normal

Okay.

Thanks.
Re: Webmasters Help!!! by Xedmark: 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
Lols.....well start the session after login in your program and destroy it if a new window tab is opened for that same session.
Re: Webmasters Help!!! by ZiiVentures: 2:04am On Nov 07, 2022
Lol...you can achieve that with JavaScript and your backend code.

For example, if the client closes the browser window, you can initiate a JavaScript function that consumes the logout endpoint from your backend code. Simple.

(1) (Reply)

Monetised Yo.fan with approved Google AdSense account available / How Much Do You Think Web Developers Make? / Boomdecore - Decorate Using The Latest Interior Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.