Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) (4435 Views)

Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee / Vacancies: Apply For Exxonmobil Graduate Internship 2023 / Apply For Exxonmobil Graduate Trainee 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2022
Good day everyone,

I applied for the ExxonMobil Graduate Internship in October and I received an email today inviting me for a zoom interview by Wednesday 9th.
I am opening this topic to seek advice such as possible interview questions to expect (as an Electrical Engineering), and key words or phrases the panel members may watch out for.

I will also appreciate if other fellow invitees can make their contributions here, since many of the topics on ExxonMobil Graduate Internship are old.

Thanks
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 11:34am On Nov 21, 2022
I was invited for a zoom interview on Wednesday 9th November and it went quite well. I was interviewed by two ExxonMobil engineers.

Monday 14th: Received an email informing me of my progress to the pre-employment stage, which is subject to the completion of the medical exam and the background check.

I have submitted my BSC form and now I'm waiting to be invited for my medical test.
How long does this usually take?

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by Nemmybliz: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2022
Congratulations and success.
This should not take longer time due to your explanations above.

I just applied yesterday as well. Pls how was the interview?
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
Nemmybliz:
Congratulations and success.
This should not take longer time due to your explanations above.

I just applied yesterday as well. Pls how was the interview?
Went quite well actually. Was quite fun and interactive, as opposed to many other interviews I have had.

The usual tell us about yourself. This is where I would advice to prepare and sell yourself very well. As a matter of fact, this was where I focused mostly in my preparation.
Then they proceeded to ask me questions regarding my projects and experiences in my CV.
They asked about challenges I may have encountered while executing the projects.
They asked where I see myself in 5 year's time.
They asked about my soft skills, and my experiences in secondary school.
They asked of my current location, and also confirmed if I had obtained my NYSC certificate.

So far those are the ones I can recall at the moment.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by Nemmybliz: 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
layzie86:

Went quite well actually. Was quite fun and interactive, as opposed to many other interviews I have had.

The usual tell us about yourself. This is where I would advice to prepare and sell yourself very well. As a matter of fact, this was where I focused mostly in my preparation.
Then they proceeded to ask me questions regarding my projects and experiences in my CV.
They asked about challenges I may have encountered while executing the projects.
The asked if I am open to becoming a Well Engineer with ExxonMobil, given that my experiences so far has been in electrical power.
They asked of my current location, and also confirmed if I had obtained my NYSC certificate.

Wow that sounds interesting. Kindly WhatsApp me on zero seven zero six seven seven two six one three four . Let's chat on WhatsApp
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congrats to you. Were you also asked about salary expectation and willingness to re-locate?
layzie86:

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2022
akwm:
Congrats to you. Were you also asked about salary expectation and willingness to re-locate?

During the interview no. But you get to answer those during application.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
Have you been invited for the medical test yet? I was also given a form to fill today
which is similar to the original job application form. This happened today (3 days after my interview).
layzie86:

During the interview no. But you get to answer those during application.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2022
akwm:
Have you been invited for the medical test yet? I was also given a form to fill today
which is similar to the original job application form. This happened today (3 days after my interview).
Yeah, you're to fill and submit.

I did my medicals on Tuesday, this week.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2022
Alright then
layzie86:

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
Also, how long did it take for them to give you the invite for medical test after you submitted the form?
layzie86:

Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by Nko1: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 9:17am On Dec 04, 2022
akwm:
Also, how long did it take for them to give you the invite for medical test after you submitted the form?
I filled the form and submitted on Thursday, November 24.
Got a call from the medical team on Friday, Nov 25, and had my medical test scheduled for Tuesday, Nov 29.
I returned for a chest x-ray test on Friday, Oct 2.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 10:17am On Dec 04, 2022
akwm:
What category did you apply for, and also what department did they put you?

Mine was Engineering (internship)
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
I applied for Commercial and was put there.
layzie86:

What category did you apply for, and also what department did they put you?

Mine was Engineering (internship) and Wells Engineering (department)
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2022
akwm:
I applied for Commercial and was put there.
All the best man

Have you been contacted for your medical date
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2022
Since you said that you submitted the form on the 24th of November, what was the BSC form that you mentioned earlier in this thread that you submitted on the 21st? Did they give you 2 different forms?
layzie86:

I filled the form and submitted on Thursday, November 24.
Got a call from the medical team on Friday, Nov 25, and had my medical test scheduled for Tuesday, Nov 29.
I returned for a chest x-ray test on Friday, Oct 2.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2022
Thanks a lot. Waiting to be contacted for the medicals.
layzie86:

All the best man

Have you been contacted for your medical date
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2022
akwm:
Since you said that you submitted the form on the 24th of November, what was the BSC form that you mentioned earlier in this thread that you submitted on the 21st? Did they give you 2 different forms?
The BSC form was attached together with the email notification for the pre-employment stage, which you are expected to print, fill, scan and submit back.

The one of 24th was filled online, similar to when we first applied.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2022
layzie86:

The BSC form was attached together with the email notification for the pre-employment stage, which you are expected to print, fill, scan and submit back.

The one of 24th was filled online, similar to when we first applied.
Hmm I only received the form similar to the original application. Ohh well. Let’s see how it goes.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2022
akwm:
Hmm I only received the form similar to the original application. Ohh well. Let’s see how it goes.
You didn't get an email informing you of advancing to the pre-employment stage? Cos if you did then you need to recheck it, as that's the mail the SBC (sorry not BSC) Form is attached to, as shown here
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2022
akwm:
If you did not get the email, then no need to panic or worry as the issue is not from your end. As I'm just assuming here that a pre-employment email was sent to you
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by Ngsooyaa: 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hello everyone, is this the same application for graduate internship, engineering which had a deadline on November 22nd?
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
layzie86:

You didn't get an email informing you of advancing to the pre-employment stage? Cos if you did then you need to recheck it, as that's the mail the SBC (sorry not BSC) Form is attached to, as shown here
No, I didn't get this email. One of their HR people called me a few days after my interview, said I was successful and emailed me that other form to fill.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by haftob(m): 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
I did the interview on 17th November and I've not been contacted if I was successful or not, most likely I'm not from the timeline u guys gave.
I was actually expecting that because my network was pretty bad during the interview and the interviewers were not able to ask me all the questions they wanted to ask. I expected them to call me so that we can continue the interview through a phone call or better still reschedule it but they did not.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
akwm:
No, I didn't get this email. One of their HR people called me a few days after my interview, said I was successful and emailed me that other form to fill.
Then I guess you shouldn't worry much about it
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2022
haftob:
I did the interview on 17th November and I've not been contacted if I was successful or not, most likely I'm not from the timeline u guys gave.
I was actually expecting that because my network was pretty bad during the interview and the interviewers were not able to ask me all the questions they wanted to ask. I expected them to call me so that we can continue the interview through a phone call or better still reschedule it but they did not.
You should have tried reconnecting. Some of us also had connection issues and we joined back to continue the interview. At some point we were asked to turn of our videos
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by layzie86(m): 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2022
Ngsooyaa:
Hello everyone, is this the same application for graduate internship, engineering which had a deadline on November 22nd?
Yes
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by haftob(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
layzie86:

You should have tried reconnecting. Some of us also had connection issues and we joined back to continue the interview. At some point we were asked to turn of our videos
Yes, I did all that and the network got better towards the end but they told they're out of time and they just proceeded to ask me if I av any preferred location and if I av any questions.
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2022
layzie86:

Then I guess you shouldn't worry much about it
Yeah
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by akwm: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2022
Is there anyone else on this thread that applied for graduate internship (commercial)?
Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Internship (Oct 2022) by haftob(m): 8:08am On Dec 08, 2022
akwm:
Is there anyone else on this thread that applied for graduate internship (commercial)?
I applied for Engineering, commercial and Industrial hygiene but I only got interview invite for Engineering

(1) (2) (Reply)

Total Nigeria Plc.mgt Trainee.entry Level Salary / Nigeria Customs And Services Recruitment / Child Care Minder, Teachers, Nurse, Club Facilitators need urgently in Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.