Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,293 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Beginner’s Ultimate Guide To Using The Google Cloud Platform - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Beginner’s Ultimate Guide To Using The Google Cloud Platform (733 Views)

Google Cloud Platform And Digital Ocean / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / How Do I Run A Jupyter Notebook In Google Cloud Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beginner’s Ultimate Guide To Using The Google Cloud Platform by tdprogram: 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2022
The Best Guide to Use the Google Cloud Platform

What is Google Cloud (GCP)?
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is Google’s cloud computing service that provides developers with tools to build applications and services.

The service offers a range of features such as storage, compute, networking, databases, analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and security.

What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction.

There are several advantages to using GCP over other cloud platforms. For example, it has a large number of pre-built integrations and APIs that allow you to easily connect your existing systems to the cloud. Another advantage is its ability to scale automatically.

Why Google Cloud Platform?
Google has been offering its cloud services since 2006. The company started out as a web hosting provider before expanding into other areas. Today, Google offers over 100 services through its cloud platform.

Google Cloud Platform is designed to provide businesses with a complete suite of cloud services. This means that companies don’t have to build their own data centers or manage IT infrastructure. Instead, they can focus on developing applications and focusing on core competencies.

What do GCP Regions and Zones offer?
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offers two types of regions: zones and regions. What exactly does each mean?

The two terms refer to the same thing, but they have slightly different meanings. A zone is a geographical area where you can run your applications.

For example, you might want to host your application in the US East Coast or Europe West. A region is a logical grouping of zones. For example, you can create a region called us-central1, which contains three zones:

us-central1-a
us-central1-b
us-central1-c

Zones and regions are both geographic areas where you can run your apps. They differ in the number of zones within them. For example, you could choose to host your app in either a single zone or multiple zones.
Google Cloud Platform Services

GCP has become a major player in the cloud computing space.

The company was founded in 2006 and now offers its services to businesses around the globe. In 2016 alone, GCP generated $10.2 billion in revenue. GCP is also known for being very customer friendly. They offer free trials and pay per use pricing models.

GCP provides a wide range of services that enable companies to build their applications faster and easier. For example, they provide a fully managed database service called BigQuery. This allows customers to store data in the cloud without having to worry about managing servers or databases.

Reduce Risk with World-Class Security
Security can’t be an afterthought. It’s no longer just large corporations being targeted, small and medium businesses are too. Every 40 seconds a business is hit with a ransomware attack.3 Some 84% of companies will be hit by a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack.4 And 91% of cyberattacks will start with phishing emails.

Google Cloud is secure-by-design. That starts with the completely private physical network we use to handle your information. Less time on the public internet means far fewer opportunities for hackers to steal your data or infiltrate your network. All of your data is encrypted by default, whether in transit or at rest.

Our infrastructure is protected by leading experts in information, application and network security, and is designed to support rigorous industry specific compliance standards. On top of all that, Google Cloud is committed to protecting your data privacy.

We process your data according to your instructions and we promptly notify you if we detect a data compromising security breach. You own your data; you can access it or move it at any time. For your business to gain your customers’ trust, we have to safeguard your trust in us.

Accomplish More with Tools Designed for You
Google Cloud has earned a loyal following of customers by making it easy for companies to adopt cloud-native technologies and shift existing investments to the cloud.

With credits to get started, technical training and hands-on support, small and medium businesses can get up and running quickly.

You can start building now with a variety of free usage tiers, always-free resources, and introductory credits to explore what works best for your business.

For qualifying businesses, Google Cloud for Startups even offers up to $100,000 in credits, access to community events, mentorship, and training. To further facilitate learning, we offer in-depth technical training, certifications, and a community where you can chat with peers and Google experts.

Also, our documentation includes a library of developer and management tools with technical resources to help you get the most out of your Google Cloud products. With Google Cloud you don’t need to do it alone. Google technology teams and our network of thousands of Google Certified Partners are here to help you every step of the way.

In addition, you can easily deploy ready-to-go solutions on our Marketplace to accelerate development and easily access technical support to help you with whatever hurdles may crop up.

What is Google Cloud Account? How to create free
Re: Beginner’s Ultimate Guide To Using The Google Cloud Platform by Maxxim: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2022
Following this thread, I would love to learn more about other google cloud services, I've tried the free cloud hosting but I've been having issues with registering through my bank card, it seems the problem is from cbn, cause I've tried almost all the banks including virtual cards and it's not working.
Re: Beginner’s Ultimate Guide To Using The Google Cloud Platform by tdprogram: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Maxxim:
Following this thread, I would love to learn more about other google cloud services, I've tried the free cloud hosting but I've been having issues with registering through my bank card, it seems the problem is from cbn, cause I've tried almost all the banks including virtual cards and it's not working.

Thanks for following this thread.
If you are trying to register for Google Cloud Program from Nigeria, you may have trouble because of the cbn changes and current value of the Naira. It may be helpful to try registering with a friend who is located outside of the country.
Re: Beginner’s Ultimate Guide To Using The Google Cloud Platform by Nko1: 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Beginner’s Ultimate Guide To Using The Google Cloud Platform by royamart(m): 5:12pm On May 11, 2023
I recently stumbled upon a beginner's guide to using the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and it's packed with useful information. GCP is Google's cloud computing service that offers a wide range of features like storage, computing, networking, and more. It's a great option for developers looking to build applications and services. One thing that caught my attention is the flexibility and scalability of GCP. It automatically scales resources based on demand, which is super convenient. Plus, GCP provides over 100 services, so there's something for everyone. If you're interested in getting started, you can create a free Google Cloud account and explore the gsutil upload file feature, which allows you to easily upload files. It's a handy tool that can save you time and effort.

(1) (Reply)

My ALX Africa Sponsored Trip To Kigali, Rwanda �� / What Is This Programming And Software Development All About / How To Get An E-book On Vb.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.