Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) (224 Views)

Saint Obi’s In-laws Accused Him Of Living Off Wife, Friend Alleges / Read Story Of A Woman Who Was Pregnant For 3 Years In Guinea, Family People Nev / Read Story Of A Woman Who Was Pregnant For 3 Years In Guinea, Family People Nev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) by OtexDbaba: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2022
A lady who lives in my friend's compound, lost her husband and his people showed up from the village two days later to collect everything from her.

As they began to harass her to bring the documents for the house, the car keys and cheque books, a neighbour overheard them.

He went and called three other men who were around in the compound and briefed them on what was happening. These men dressed up; one of them, a policeman who was off duty, put o his uniform. Together, they went to her door and knocked.

One of her brothers-in-law opened the door and told them to go away, that they were having a family meeting.

The three men ignored him and barged into the house. They said they were from the bank, that the late man owed millions in debt and they were there to pack his things.

The wife was shocked. The man's people were shocked.

Their spokesman said, "Officer, sirs, let us hold a small meeting outside. We'll be back."

They went outside to have a family tete-a-tete.

While they were outside, this woman's neighbours told her their plan and assured her that they wouldn't let anything bad happen to her.

Ten minutes later, her brothers-in-law, husband's uncle and cousin had still not returned. One of the men went to check on them.

Do you know these men had left? They fled and left their brother's widow alone to face alleged bankers her late husband was supposedly owing.

They hurried off to tell the whole community that everything the man had been displaying was on loan; that he was poor and owned nothing.

This worked in the woman's favour, because they didn't ask her to bring a dime for the funeral.
After the man was buried, one of the neighbours who had showed up to protect her against her thieving in-laws, helped her collect her husband's benefits and sell the house.

After the sale, she quietly relocated to Canada with her children.

Her in-laws nearly choked to death. I chuckle every time I remember how they showed up again, to ascertain if the house had really been sold by the "bank" and that their brother didn't own it.

Someone said:

Our tradition dictates that a man inherit his late brother's property. It is my right. His wife is not part of his family. The moment he dies, their contract is done.

Interesting, this tradition that demands that you inherit your brother's property, and not his debts. It doesn't tell you to care for your brother's orphans and widow. It gives you the right to only take and not give.

Such a hollow tradition. Sounds like a tradition of thieves, but in most cases people tend to take advantage of the whole situation and try to implore their selfish and greedy side into a none existing tradition, how can any sane person try to take everything a woman and the husband worked for after his death instead of being the pillar of support to them..

Note: As a man, if you have a very entitled family, it's best you keep your family far away from them and never give them the liberty to hurt your immediate family even when you're long gone and also be good to your neighbors, they might be your guardian Angel in most cases like this...

Read more from source below

https://247newsbreak.com/how-my-in-laws-wanted-everything-my-husband-had-before-his-death-read-story/

Re: How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) by immortalcrown(m): 7:19am On Nov 09, 2022
Man's inhumanity to man.

Selfishness, irrationality, greed, envy and jealousy.
Re: How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) by xteve(m): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2022
Had a similar case I was discussing with my wife days ago. Thank God she had good neighbors.

1 Like

Re: How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) by dawnomike(m): 7:40am On Nov 09, 2022
That is why it is good for a woman to be empowered when married... As a husband, never make your wife a footstool for your family members and always always always write a Will no matter how young you are. - E get why
Re: How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) by Romanoff(f): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2022
dawnomike:
That is why it is good for a woman to be empowered when married... As a husband, never make your wife a footstool for your family members and always always always write a Will no matter how young you are. - E get why

The same men that will tell you their family comes first before their wife, that their wife is not family?

That their wife can leave them but their family will always remain?
Re: How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) by dawnomike(m): 9:46am On Nov 09, 2022
Romanoff:

The same men that will tell you their family comes first before their wife, that their wife is not family?

That their wife can leave them but their family will always remain?
That's why you must get a better man that understands the difference between immediate family and distant relatives
Re: How My In-laws Wanted Everything My Husband Had Before His Death (read Story) by OtexDbaba: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2022
People are wicked Sha, it's best we all try to be in good terms with our neighbors they might be out saving Grace one day
xteve:
Had a similar case I was discussing with my wife days ago. Thank God she had good neighbors.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Introduction To Mixed Flow Pump / Sen. Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Celebrates World Disability Day. / Hair Shampoo Production Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.