Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Django Development Passion Projects November, December - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Django Development Passion Projects November, December (1223 Views)

Omor Im The Django Development Passion Projects November, December Guy / How To Find And Hire A Python/django Development Company / Let's Build A Simple Blog With Python(django) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
SOOOOOOOOO BORED AS I AM, self taught not really self-taught sha. dem teach me for school, but i dont know where my brain was at that time. as time went on i started to love the language, after which i learnt on my own, or understood on my own, so for anyone out there that is struggling with mental block, be it with html.. or css. or jajajajavascript cry , or react js, or vue. or php just take it slowly, theres no time frame to success. create a project . start that project. dont just think it in your mind. but actually do it and do it very very well, as if u are getting paid for it...

i was taught java. spring boot. javascript, jquery, html, css , python, c+, c#, android. angular...etc.. and il say i am only just getting a hang of three or four of those.
html is goood..css is goood. javascript i ignored cuz that stuff never ends.. but i started it this year and progress has been made. also with reactJS. but my main B is DJANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. ALSO STARTED THIS YEAR. I was taught ohh but nothng enter this coconut head. until i decided to do it on my own i guess.. u only achieve what ur mind is open to.

django is nice, very lovely. il recommend to anyone out there , thats starting up. tho the job market u would see nodeJS. JAVA. PHP even,, they get more light of day but mehn.. all this applications do the same thing . just use different approaches...

anyways shalaye lessssssssssss..

passion project november begins... and december

il be building

A GO KADAISH kind of platform, more like dispatch,
A USER REGISTERS AND DOES HIS VERIFICATION (EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER), ADD A PAYMENT METHOD,
USECASES WOULD BE
1. A USER WOULD BE UNABLE TO REQUEST FOR THE SERVICE IF HE HAS INSUFFICENT FUNDS IN EITHER OF HIS WALLET OR HIS LINKED ATM CARD
2. A USER WOULD BE UNABLE TO USE THE SERVICE IF NOT VERIFIED
3. GET COST ESTIMATE OF THE SERVICE BEFORE IT STARTS

I THINK THATS ALL FOR THIS.

A LOAN APP/ INVESTMENT APP
EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW THIS ONE WORKS SO the use cases are STRAIGHTFORWARD.

E-commerce
again EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW THIS ONE WORKS SO the use cases are STRAIGHT FORWARD.

School Portal

Job Portal
something similar to linkdin

CV Builder

Netflix Clone

AIR BNB CLONE
For those that dont know what airbnb is
Airbnb, Inc., based in San Francisco, California, operates an online marketplace focused on short-term homestays and experiences. The company acts as a broker and charges a commission from each booking. The company was founded in 2008 by Brian Chesky, Nathan Blecharczyk, and Joe Gebbia

one at a time.. but i think il start with the netflix one.. i love that one
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by eventainment(m): 1:17am On Nov 11, 2022
You aren't a good backend developer with Django cause Django does nearly everything for you. I can't beat my chest that your don't know how to handle authentication, routes protection and many more on your own cause Django does all those for you....
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Sleekcode: 3:42am On Nov 11, 2022
All this projects in November alone?

One of those projects to build it well will take more than a month
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by bularuz(m): 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2022
eventainment:
You aren't a good backend developer with Django cause Django does nearly everything for you. I can't beat my chest that your don't know how to handle authentication, routes protection and many more on your own cause Django does all those for you....

Most frameworks does that

1 Like

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by bedfordng(m): 10:24pm On Nov 11, 2022
eventainment:
that is the idea of using frameworks. Java spring boot, asp net, laravel etc does that too. What is the purpose of using a framework if not to make life easy for you as a Dev. No one would use a framework if it doesn't ease development.
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by eventainment(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2022
bedfordng:
that is the idea of using frameworks. Java spring boot, asp net, laravel etc does that too. What is the purpose of using a framework if not to make life easy for you as a Dev. No one would use a framework if it doesn't ease development.
Well you are absolutely correct the idea of frameworks is to ease stress... That was me last year using frameworks and was proud of doing some jobs till I met challenges that could be solved when you know vanilla stuffs... I unlearned everything I knew and started taking everything by steps I totally learnt the language well, moved on to doing little modules and projects on them ... Then moved to a framework that will at least allow me handle Many things myself... And so far I hardly use online to solve my challenges... Official documentation is enough I barely watch YouTube videos except I want to know how a tech I've never seen is combined to give a solution... Example is how webrtc work which is my current adventure
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2022
eventainment:

lwkmd... hahahahahahaha...

okay ohhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
anyways lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..
i am practically almost done with the netflix clone.. i was actaully working on two projects at once thats why i have been unable to type anything on here.. i dont have a netflix account i only have an idea of what it looks like and what it does.. there was the problem. so i just went with what i know and what i can dub from.. i settled for one of these websites that u can get movies from. and yeah. il add my own spin to it and make it more netflixy..

and yesssssssssssssssss for those doubting u can create 10 web applications in a month. even if u put 5-6 hours only into them.. for those that are still learning dont let anyone discourage u. i am still learning and i know the number of projects i can do in a month. even in a day.
a blog shouldnt even take u more than 4 hours.. i know i can do it in 2 hours even.. its just u versus yourself and dont let anyone make u feel like u have to move at snail pace to know what u are doing....

so back to it.. i saw this template i liked on youtube and felt welll thats going to be useful. so i cloned it and started d journey to sardom. since we just on about the backend for this one i felt why not. i got the landing page. and like every python project ever

u create a python app preferably with pycharm cuz it already gives u a virtual environment to work with. but if u want to use vscode which is faster and more light weight . that also i recommend

u knwo the drill..
or let me just type it all out since im in the mood to type..

so create a folder on your desktop or document or where ever..
den click on that file path.. that looks like pc > localdisk (Csmiley > ..................................
click on it and type CMD
den hit enter
type the command python -m venv env
that should crrate a virtual environment for u
den change directory to the script folder... use CD AND TAB to get to the venv folder CD AND TAB to get to the script folder
when u get to the script folder. just type activate
that should look like the screenshot below

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2022
at this point venv has been activated. its always best to install all your python packages ( dependency ) i cant spell dependencies so we call den python packages..
so what do we need at this point

we need just three things for now.

to install django ( WHICH IS THE BABA AGBALAGBA) The reason for this thread
the we install requests abi na request anyone sha. cuz we going to be using API'S god forbid say i create all the movies and their details one by one ahhhhh.. hand go just break from copy an paste
and then django clean up... (which is very important because in production we create alot of dummy data that we actually dont need in production. especially images. django clean up makes it that once u delete a profile picture or document or image or whatsoever that saves as a file on your media directory it deletes it off totally,, if u use FLASK framework this does it automatically , but django doesnt)

so u install with pip. pip means preferred installer program.
so we pip install django first.
from your command prompt and make sure u see that (venv) sign., that is very important
what that is done u pip install django-cleanup and pip install requests.

u can chain all your pip installs together but just do it one by one. we arent from russia

next we create a django project
to do this we use the command
django-admin startproject movieapp
django-admin is Django's command-line utility for administrative tasks.

but in simple terms django admin creates a project structure for u.......... its equivalent to npx create-react-app my-app in REACTJS
but it happens faster PUN INTENDED. react can take an hour to create on a potatoe system.. nawah anyways
back to it.
that should take like 2 minutes or less to create.
next u change directory to the movieapp folder created by u or me or us
please not the name of he folder is going to be movieapp because i named it movie app
look at the command django-admin startproject movieapp u can see i named it movieapp, if u following me in doing the project u can name it anything u want..

again from your command prompt u can type CD AND TAB
Change directory to the movie app folder u should see another folder named movie app... also a manage.py (python file)

manage.py is very important and dont ever delete or open it unless of course u know what u doing
Manage.py in Django is a command-line utility that works similar to the django-admin command. The difference is that it points towards the project's settings.py file. This manage.py utility provides various commands that you must have while working with Django

at this point u have made progress

in creating a project..

next we create two subprojects...
and i would explain why
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
so really we need two subprojects to just clean up and make everywhere loook neat.
its like have a house.
a married man with no kids has no need for a 3 bedroom apartment

but a man with 7 kids and 3 grand parents. even 12 rooms isnt enough.

but in this case for now we only have 2 children

CHILD 1 is going to be named USERS. other people call it accounts but i prefer users
CHILD 2 is going to be called MOVIES. which is where i would put all my movie logic

just like children u can name your subapp anything u wish.

to create a subproject we use the command
python manage.py startapp USERS [/b]for the users subapp
[b]python manage.py startapp MOVIES
for the movies subapp

then if u wish to use vs code from your cmd terminal u can just type code .
it should start up visual studio for you and u should see your project structure which we would get into in a bit..

when u create a project the first thing u do so u dont forget is to create a url.py file inside the subapp directory...
which i have just done..screenshot attached. u can leave it blank but always remember to create it before anything.

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
from the screenshot above u can see the created subapps and the main apps.
the sub app being movies and users.
the main being the movieapp.

thats my way of explaining it.
the difference btw the sub and the main is that if u notice
the main has
an
__init__.py
asgi.py
settings.py
urls.py
wsgi.py

so the just describe what they do briefly
The __init__ method is used to initialize a class.
ASGI.py (Asynchronous Server Gateway Interface) is a spiritual successor to WSGI, intended to provide a standard interface between async-capable Python webapps
Settings.py self explanatory
urls.py handles routing to different pages
wsgi Web Server Gateway Interface when u want to deploy on heroku or cpanel or railway or digitalocean or amazon that is when u really need to touch one or two here

while for the subapps u have
views.py
models.py
admin.py
forms.py

for views.py which is where uw rite most of your logic
views.py A view function, or view for short, is a Python function that takes a web request and returns a web response.
models.py is where u write your database logics
admin.py The admin.py file is used to display your models in the Django admin panel.
django comes with an admin panel same like wordpress but not as advanced looking.
forms.py.yeah d name says it all

now we have all that defined..

straight to it
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2022
to run your django server u would need to run the command
python manage.py runserver

after creating a database object to commit that table to the database u run the command
python manage.py makemigrations
python manage.py migrate

to sync your dp
python manage.py syncdb

to run you django sever on a localnetwork
python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000

note the port can be any port, since port 8000 is popular . u can use port 9000 or 8011 or 8181
note u have to allow that port from your windows security settings.. i wont go into that for now. but just read up on how to add port rule in windows

these are the main commands u would be working with.. pretty basic stuff
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
now head over o your settings and add something there.
remember we installed django-cleanup sometime ago
and remeber wwe created 2 sub apps

well our main application doesnt know that yet. well it knows but it doesnt care about them yet.
because we havent introduced them yet...

which is what we are going to do now.
head over to your settings.py file

and scroll down to installed apps

when u get there u need to add what we just created there

i am only adding movies and apps for now and not django-cleanup because i dont need django clean up just yet.. maybe later in the project i would add it. i just dont want t do too much so soon...

add user and movies to installed apps

'users',
'movies'

screenshot below

after that is done

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
we move over to the urls.py of the main project
and import include

include means we are joining something to something

what are we joining,
well we are joining the sub apps url routes to the main apps url routes

we would also set the me
i also set the static and media url path.. i did that in my settings.py

i just shows the application where my static and media folder is..

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Veetck: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2022
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
I ADDED THE ABILTY TO CONTINUE MOVIES FROM WHERE YOU LEFT OFF.
EVEN IF U CLOSE THE BROWSER OR TAB. JUST LIKE HOW VLC DOES IT BUT BETTER. SINCE ITS BROSWER BASED HERE. THE PROGRESS IS ALSO TRANSFERABLE OVER DIFFERENT DEVICES. WHICH IS COOL I GUESS. I ALSO ADDED A SEARCH FUNCTIONALITY

below is a video of the walkthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6EfaKXR-aU

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
im using multiple account to avod b@n
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
anyways. the second project on the list is done.

packed with lots and lots of features.. i cant type about them because i always get b@nnnnnnnnnnned

anyways. il just drop pictures tommorow,..

although i would need a logo for the templates i created.. and yeah this time all templates used were created by me.. every last div tag.. every single href. every single p tag,.. done by me,.

a like and follow would be nice.. and thank you
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 10:48am On Nov 20, 2022
Done with the vstmnt website

Completed the front end of the job portal. Here's some pictures of the landing page..

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 10:48am On Nov 20, 2022
I put on netlify to test mobile responsive mode
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 10:50am On Nov 20, 2022
The Dahboard almost done too

Den il move to the Django bits.

Il upload video of the walk through of both website this coming week..

So that's almost 3 down. I think 3 more to go

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 10:51am On Nov 20, 2022
Mrviktor:
SOOOOOOOOO BORED AS I AM, self taught not really self-taught sha. dem teach me for school, but i dont know where my brain was at that time. as time went on i started to love the language, after which i learnt on my own, or understood on my own, so for anyone out there that is struggling with mental block, be it with html.. or css. or jajajajavascript cry , or react js, or vue. or php just take it slowly, theres no time frame to success. create a project . start that project. dont just think it in your mind. but actually do it and do it very very well, as if u are getting paid for it...

i was taught java. spring boot. javascript, jquery, html, css , python, c+, c#, android. angular...etc.. and il say i am only just getting a hang of three or four of those.
html is goood..css is goood. javascript i ignored cuz that stuff never ends.. but i started it this year and progress has been made. also with reactJS. but my main B is DJANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. ALSO STARTED THIS YEAR. I was taught ohh but nothng enter this coconut head. until i decided to do it on my own i guess.. u only achieve what ur mind is open to.

django is nice, very lovely. il recommend to anyone out there , thats starting up. tho the job market u would see nodeJS. JAVA. PHP even,, they get more light of day but mehn.. all this applications do the same thing . just use different approaches...

anyways shalaye lessssssssssss..

passion project november begins... and december

il be building

A GO KADAISH kind of platform, more like dispatch,
A USER REGISTERS AND DOES HIS VERIFICATION (EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER), ADD A PAYMENT METHOD,
USECASES WOULD BE
1. A USER WOULD BE UNABLE TO REQUEST FOR THE SERVICE IF HE HAS INSUFFICENT FUNDS IN EITHER OF HIS WALLET OR HIS LINKED ATM CARD
2. A USER WOULD BE UNABLE TO USE THE SERVICE IF NOT VERIFIED
3. GET COST ESTIMATE OF THE SERVICE BEFORE IT STARTS

I THINK THATS ALL FOR THIS.

A LOAN APP/ INVESTMENT APP
EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW THIS ONE WORKS SO the use cases are STRAIGHTFORWARD.

E-commerce
again EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW THIS ONE WORKS SO the use cases are STRAIGHT FORWARD.

School Portal

Job Portal
something similar to linkdin

CV Builder

Netflix Clone

AIR BNB CLONE
For those that dont know what airbnb is
Airbnb, Inc., based in San Francisco, California, operates an online marketplace focused on short-term homestays and experiences. The company acts as a broker and charges a commission from each booking. The company was founded in 2008 by Brian Chesky, Nathan Blecharczyk, and Joe Gebbia

one at a time.. but i think il start with the netflix one.. i love that one

7. 100%

2. 100%

5. 60%
Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
work has been stressssssssful but heres snippets...
video would drop lateer

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
i stole flutter logo

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
all services are working.. il demonstrate when i do the video

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
sweet sweet sweet

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
s

1 Share

Re: Django Development Passion Projects November, December by Mrviktor(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
as

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Fix Termux Error Process Completed Signal 9 / Nigerian Scientist Designs Software Totrack Criminals / Why Do Nigerians Adore Hardware But Despise Software and its Makers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.