Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! (3688 Views)

"The FG Should Support Boko Haram To Defeat - Adamu Garba ISWAP / BAN The Continued Unlawful Blocking Of Roads By END SARS Protesters / Keke Operator Stops Sale Of 2-month-old Triplets In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by antinarcotics: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2022
I am a Nigerian scientist and researcher based in the USA. Recently, I vsited my town in delta state, Nigeria for a research on substance abuse.

What I saw, to say the least is alarming. A whole town in delta state is hooked on a drug called SWINOL.

This drug contains Flunitrazepam, a highly potent and dangerous benzodiazepam, which can be lethal and highly addictive even at a dose low as 1mg. This is very worrisome, as the addicts to SWINOL cuts across all age groups in the town.

I made some background research and findings reveal that the drug is produced by Swiss Pharma Nigeria Limited.

I visited the open drug market in Onitsha, and I got the drug easily. It is virtually sold in all the shops I entered. This is a schedule A controlled substance, the how come it's every where in the open market. I visited the open market in Lagos, it is sold there too freely. Other brands I saw include Rophynol and Hypnox.

We must do something urgently about this life threatening drug called SWINOL. It is killing the youths in my town.

I call on the Federal Government to look into the sales and distribution of SWINOL, HYPNOX AND OTHERS.

You can read about substance abuse from this piece. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/331829047_DRUG_ADDICTION_AMONG_NIGERIAN_THE_WAY_FORWARD

Mods, Please help push to front page

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by Ahmed0336(m): 10:10am On Nov 10, 2022
Write to Nafdac.
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by ajailer(m): 10:22am On Nov 10, 2022
Write NAFDAC and NDLEA.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by LordIsaac(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2022
Wahala for who loves drugs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by antinarcotics: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2022
I am working on a letter to both agencies
ajailer:
Write NAFDAC and NDLEA.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by ajailer(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2022
antinarcotics:

Hopefully someone at NDLEA will take up d matter and do d needful. If u c d way boys in my area in Lagos here will wake up in the morning, pop up a card( a full sachet of 10 PCs) into their mouth and then start acting disrespectfully. You just have to pity them cos I’ve seen ppl run mad or develop stroke cos of all these crazy drugs intake.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by Mercury12(m): 11:43am On Nov 10, 2022
antinarcotics:
start a media campaign about it... That is the only way to draw government attention. Embarrassing them online makes them act quickly to any issue .
This is Nigeria. You letter can be trash seconds it land at their desk.

6 Likes

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by LifeOfTrigga(m): 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
Na epa cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by T0BY(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
Very addictive indeed. It reduces ones cognitive function.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by lereinter(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
It seems ndlea is doing well, contact them.

All go through BBC

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by starpower(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2022
Thanks for starting the awareness.
antinarcotics:
I am a Nigerian scientist and researcher based in the USA. Recently, I vsited my town in delta state, Nigeria for a research on substance abuse.

What I saw, to say the least is alarming. A whole town in delta state is hooked on a drug called SWINOL.

This drug contains Flunitrazepam, a highly potent and dangerous benzodiazepam, which can be lethal and highly addictive even at a dose low as 1mg. This is very worrisome, as the addicts to SWINOL cuts across all age groups in the town.

I made some background research and findings reveal that the drug is produced by Swiss Pharma Nigeria Limited.

I visited the open drug market in Onitsha, and I got the drug easily. It is virtually sold in all the shops I entered. This is a schedule A controlled substance, the how come it's every where in the open market. I visited the open market in Lagos, it is sold there too freely. Other brands I saw include Rophynol and Hypnox.

We must do something urgently about this life threatening drug called SWINOL. It is killing the youths in my town.

I call on the Federal Government to look into the sales and distribution of SWINOL, HYPNOX AND OTHERS.

You can read about substance abuse from this piece. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/331829047_DRUG_ADDICTION_AMONG_NIGERIAN_THE_WAY_FORWARD

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by romunu(m): 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2022
What is the name of the town?
antinarcotics:

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by antinarcotics: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
I am silent on the town, it's intentional, as I do not want stigmatisation.
romunu:
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by antinarcotics: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
Yes, I'm considering an undercover investigation via any media ready to work with me on this, as we did during the codeine era.
lereinter:

It seems ndlea is doing well, contact them.

All go through BBC
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by Countersam(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
antinarcotics:
If possible publish the letter in the dailies
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by romunu(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
Ok, nice,just asking, cos am from that state.
antinarcotics:
I am silent on the town, it's intentional, as I do not want stigmatisation.
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by dexmond: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2022
OP well done for service to your people.
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by immanuelsize: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2022
antinarcotics:
I hope you're aware that things work differently here in Nigeria when compared to USA?
The letter you said you wanna write to them will not yield any fruitful result. They will just discard it. I suggest you go over to Twitter and carry out campaign there and always tag relevant agencies like NDLEA, NAFDAC, including WHO and the likes of them. By doing such, with time, they will reply you and ask you for suggestion.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by techgen(m): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
What's the original use of the drugs op?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by Jakumo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
It is mind-boggling that such highly addictive and potentially lethal pharmaceutical drugs of dubious origin can so easily be purchased over the country in Nigeria.

If Nigeria's NAFDAC agency exists to protect the citizens from having easy access to dangerous drugs, then this new substance is a PRIME example of the specific chemicals that should be banned from being imported into the country or manufactured locally.
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by colonelwealth(m): 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2022
antinarcotics:

God bless you and men&women like you for this public sacrifice.
Thank you for using your skills& knowledge to better the society.

Write to the government (ministry of health, NAFDAC, NDLEA, CPC and revelant NGOs) and also including media houses for prompt, educative and corrective actions.
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by Holybaddo: 12:32am On Nov 11, 2022
Produced by Pablo Tinubu
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by Earthstorms(m): 12:54am On Nov 11, 2022
antinarcotics:

I saw people popping this swinol in sapele last year. I knew it was an addictive drug but did not bother to check on the class of drug it belongs to.

I wish the government can control the distribution of these types of dangerous drugs. At least pharmacies that sell them with doctor's prescription should be sanctioned.
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by BigYash: 1:02am On Nov 11, 2022
Even little boys and girls chew and lick it these days. They call it sweet.. The matter go just dey tire me.. Most pharmacy deal on it .. But police do arrest ,when they see you with it.. But its just to get their own money,then they collect the thing from the suspect to lick too.. grin My brother welcome to Nigeria..
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by dettolgel: 6:18am On Nov 11, 2022
antinarcotics:

So you want to increase the readership of your paper via unorthodox way abi? See format grin
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by Rickmann: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2022
antinarcotics:

Don't just write, if possible visit the NAFDAC headquarters .
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by antinarcotics: 8:35am On Nov 11, 2022
The attached piece of research work was not done by me. I had only referenced someone who had done similar work as what I am doing right now. Hope you understand.
dettolgel:

So you want to increase the readership of your paper via unorthodox way abi? See format grin
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by CountryTireMan(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2022
romunu:

E sure me say na Warri and environs.... OP these boys dey take Diaza (D5) and Exol join, plus other nonsense
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by antinarcotics: 8:39am On Nov 11, 2022
It is a very worrisome development. I will write to all relevant agencies, as well as the companies producing and distributing this substance.
BigYash:
Even little boys and girls chew and lick it these days. They call it sweet.. The matter go just dey tire me.. Most pharmacy deal on it .. But police do arrest ,when they see you with it.. But its just to get their own money,then they collect the thing from the suspect to lick too.. grin My brother welcome to Nigeria..
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by tritt(m): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2022
I think you should cc the Fed Ministry of Health too.

antinarcotics:
Re: FG Should Ban The Sale Of SWINOL Now!! by akwesenana: 10:09am On Nov 11, 2022
Swinol, diazapan rephnol that year for Effurun Warri that year.
I wonder how I didn't turn out a drug addict. shocked

(1) (Reply)

BOKO HARAM Strikes ASO ROCK ! (viewers Discretion) / Girl Who Hide Condom In Her P***y After S*x Mercilessly Beaten By Guys / Irritating Moment When Two Female Kidnappers Are Burnt To Ashes - Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.