Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,808 members, 7,851,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? (404 Views)

Our Farm Attacked Again With Biological Weapon By Our Host Community! / See The Water Our Host Community Drinks. / Palm Kernel Oil Extraction Machines Available For Setting Up The Industry-Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? by MideMrPossible: 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
Last year when we came here and learnt we're coming to do livestock farming and crop production, they thought we were mad, maybe we are truly and the next set of occurrences proves they are right.

Had problems constructing road to the site while we ran into some very serious problems with a cocoa farmer on the road whose cocoa had so grown with the hand obstructing the road.

Had problems with our neighbors who had economic important trees around our boundary, watch us cut it while they took us to their meeting (coven).

And finally when it became difficult going back and forth everyday just to clear the site and we talk to them for accommodation, one of them came to chase us in the middle of the night just because we belong to the other faith and not permitted to be in their prayer house. Imagine how it feels chasing a stranger who has got no place to place him head after a thorough farm work during the day. What pained me most was that I tried all best to answer all his question with a cool friendly tone like a sane person despite knowing where he's heading to and when he landed, I still appeal if we could pass the night but he insisted.

For every tree we cut that we could have log into pieces and sold to bakery guys were taken away. Some very long poles that could have been useful for electric poles were stolen and that's when I knew placing all these their palm fronds on item does not work, it's a big fraud.

Then what about the issue of theft when the structure was roofed and ofcourse the about recent issue of farm poisoning, right on our own land, does it even make sense?

Everything done to us in other to frustrate us and chase us here were overcame by his Name and once in a while I blush like this like a MAD man truly just to justify their thought but only a sane person who has imagine the experience highlighted above will understand the strength of determination behind those teeth.

But the truth is, all these stages are expected, some played on my head before it happens, some I see in trace during prayer, some in dream and it only stirs me up and build my faith so I was always wanting to go several miles everyday from home like someone who is going to a paid job.

"If I tell you say e easy na set up".

Subscribe to my channel https://www.youtube.com/africandiarytv for some recorded actions

Dr. Mide Oludipe
Regenerative Agriculture Expert
Possible Farms International

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? by Musty112: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
For one, most of them beleive that you are just one other guy with loads of money who doesn't know what to do with it and rather venture into farming as it looks "fun" to you. They want to show you that they are the masters of it, been doing it for a long while without anything tangible to show for it and your eventual loss should make you a pauper who has learnt his lesson. At least that was my experience.
First year harvest of yam despite all the smirks and scoffs and targeted effort was bountiful. Second year?? It was a disaster and sone people made sure of it

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? by greenermodels: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2022
It's their nature in the rural areas to behave like that because they can easily get away with it, if you leave that land unattended for five years, you would likely end up in a land dispute by the time you come back. Farm theft is easy and untraceable so they do it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? by FarmTech(m): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
Farm theft is a big problem. They can even come at NIGHT when it is raining. So my plan is to buy German shepherd dogs and keep in the farm.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? by MideMrPossible: 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
FarmTech:
Farm theft is a big problem. They can even come at NIGHT when it is raining. So my plan is to buy German shepherd dogs and keep in the farm.

You're very right sir and you've got the best plan as we are planning here too.
Re: Why Do Host Community Are Always Hostile when setting up a project? by MideMrPossible: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
Musty112:
For one, most of them beleive that you are just one other guy with loads of money who doesn't know what to do with it and rather venture into farming as it looks "fun" to you. They want to show you that they are the masters of it, been doing it for a long while without anything tangible to show for it and your eventual loss should make you a pauper who has learnt his lesson. At least that was my experience.
First year harvest of yam despite all the smirks and scoffs and targeted effort was bountiful. Second year?? It was a disaster and sone people made sure of it

Exactly what they're trying to achieve here but they've failed.

(1) (Reply)

Mature Organic Broilers For Sale In PH / My Gardening Story / Good Products For Oily Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.