Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Mikel Dad's Abductors Wanted $4 Billion - Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mikel Dad's Abductors Wanted $4 Billion - Police (650 Views)

''My Abductors Confessed They Hired Guns From Policemen & Soldiers'' / YFM Host, Ada Kidnapped, Abductors Post Gang-Rape Pictures On Her Facebook / My Abductors Asked For N100m, I Offered N1bn ā€“ GUO Motors Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Dad's Abductors Wanted $4 Billion - Police by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
The kidnappers who abducted Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel's father in Nigeria demanded a ransom of $4 billion, the local police commissioner said on Tuesday.
Michael Obi was released by his
abductors on Monday and police
said two Nigerian military officers
were part of the group who took
him on Aug. 12.
"(The kidnappers) asked him to
give them $4 billion which they
called chicken change to Mikel Obi
and his club Chelsea," police state
commissioner Emmanuel Dipe
Ayeni told reporters in Jos, capital
of central Nigeria's Plateau state.
He did not say whether any
ransom was paid.
Mikel earns $5.8 million a year and
is the seventh highest-paid African
footballer in Europe, according to
Forbes magazine.
The Nigeria midfielder played for
Chelsea in a 0-0 Premier League
draw at Stoke City the day after
learning of the kidnapping and
made public appeals for his dad's
safe return. His management
company said at the time a
"sizeable" ransom had been
demanded.
It was not the first time a relative
of a Premier League player was
abducted in Nigeria, where most
people live on less than $2 a day,
after former Everton defender
Joseph Yobo's brother was
kidnapped in 2008.
Kidnapping of oil workers in the
southern Niger Delta has been
relatively common in the past but
abductions have begun spreading
further north.
Re: Mikel Dad's Abductors Wanted $4 Billion - Police by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
kidnappers asked for 4billion NAIRAS or DOLLARS?!
which sportstar (all over the world) has that kind of money in USD, let alone has so much more that they call it chicken change?!
Re: Mikel Dad's Abductors Wanted $4 Billion - Police by chelseabmw(m): 1:23am On Aug 24, 2011
i tire ooo grin

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Underage Female Slaves To A love-vendor / Nigerian Police Inspector To Face Trial For Raping 15 Year Old Girl / Death @ Glo Rock ā€˜nā€™ Rule Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.