Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians (9381 Views)

Ghanaians Mocking P-square's Alingo / Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance / Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians [music Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by SisiKill1: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
Oy Veh! Is this gonna degenerate to another round of "nna nna nna nna my country is better than yours"

I'm just asking so I can get comfortable. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by morpheus24: 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
Oh boy I love the beef. Bring it on any day. Ghana.

Who you wan mumu!
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
the thank god we are not a nigerians music, didnt only get on nigeria, but liberia too, but i still see no cause for this
cant this IDIOT that sang this music, see what mohits, did to kelly handsome,
they didnt reply him and stuff, and he STFU, shhhhh
man whoever sang this song, should be used as a gateman in jos, so boko haram, can behead his head! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by houvest: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2011
Both songs are for humour. Guys put on your humour caps and laugh it off. No need to be up-tight.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
wellmax:

Read the Lyrics

Thank God We’re Not Ghanaians

Can you imagine Ghanains abusing Nigeria, the giant of Africa, the sunshine, the mountain, and the golf of oil of Africa? Ghana, let us teach you some English, for there’s going to be some diplomatic brouhaha o, if President Atta Mills doesn’t call the Foka Sibe Boys to order

Which country in the world calls their friends “Charlie” and names all their men after weekdays and weekends, Kwado (Monday) Kwabena (Tuesday) Kwaku (Wednesday) Yau (Thursday) Kofi (Friday), Kwame (Saturday), Kwesi (Sunday)? Una too much o

And you are so laid back, you don’t even know, look at every bank around you, it is UBA, ECO-Bank and Zenith bank. Your mobile phones are routed through Lagos, MTN, Vodafone, Tigo and whatever! Charlie, Thank God we are not Ghanaians o

See your president worships in Lagos, pays tithes to Synagogue, even your under-something football team relies on Pastor T.B Joshua to win the world cup because there is no God in Ghana. Charlie, thank God I’m not a Ghanaian o

When was the last time Ghana had a national team after Abedi Pele and Tony Yeboah started hawking spicy Rob and puff-puff. Charlie, thank God we are not Ghanaians o

Instead of getting down on Amala, Pounded yams and orisirishi, you eat burnt rice three times a day and call it a funky name “Wache” as if we won’t understand…Thank God we are not Ghanaians

Since Fela left Ghana you only knew how to sing old highlife and wedding songs, who marries with a Ghanaian music anymore anyways… Thank God we are not Ghanaians

Remember Nigerians created Nollywood, but Ghanaians are stuck trying to create something, should we call it[b] “Nannawood?”[/b] with the same characters- kofi, nana, kwabena and Elizabeth…you can’t even get near any wood, Charlie, thank God I’m not a Ghanaian o

And why did Obama come here and didn’t spend a second night, was it because Accra was too boring Thank God we are not Ghanaians.
Please if you can’t afford three-piece Nigerian agbada stop wearing the black and white stripe school uniform and call it a national attire, afterall you have discovered oil, please dress better, OK. Charlie, thank God we are not Ghanaians.

Our traditional rulers are cruising around in Bentley, Mercedes Benz, and BMW but yours are still hanging on wooden limos, Charlie, thank God we are not Ghanaians

We know you love to do 419 but tell me who will send you money when you send a dead chicken by FedEx in the name of Sakawa… Thank God we’re not Ghanaians o

Brothers, make una show some respect to the big brother next door, otherwise we will ask Lagosians to move over to Accra and overrun the place…

And as Fela taught, Fefe n’efe ntina obaa tu amirika a, ense na nofona yese, ebete ato ntia, ebete ato ntio, ebeti aton ti, abeti atontia, ebeti atonti, ebeti atonti e, ebeti atonti

Make una warn unaself o, na condition way make crayfish bend

ROFLMAO grin
wellmax:

Read the Lyrics

Thank God We’re Not Ghanaians

Can you imagine Ghanains abusing Nigeria, the giant of Africa, the sunshine, the mountain, and the golf of oil of Africa? Ghana, let us teach you some English, for there’s going to be some diplomatic brouhaha o, if President Atta Mills doesn’t call the Foka Sibe Boys to order

Which country in the world calls their friends “Charlie” and names all their men after weekdays and weekends, Kwado (Monday) Kwabena (Tuesday) Kwaku (Wednesday) Yau (Thursday) Kofi (Friday), Kwame (Saturday), Kwesi (Sunday)? Una too much o

And you are so laid back, you don’t even know, look at every bank around you, it is UBA, ECO-Bank and Zenith bank. Your mobile phones are routed through Lagos, MTN, Vodafone, Tigo and whatever! Charlie, Thank God we are not Ghanaians o

See your president worships in Lagos, pays tithes to Synagogue, even your under-something football team relies on Pastor T.B Joshua to win the world cup because there is no God in Ghana. Charlie, thank God I’m not a Ghanaian o

When was the last time Ghana had a national team after Abedi Pele and Tony Yeboah started hawking spicy Rob and puff-puff. Charlie, thank God we are not Ghanaians o

Instead of getting down on Amala, Pounded yams and orisirishi, you eat burnt rice three times a day and call it a funky name “Wache” as if we won’t understand…Thank God we are not Ghanaians

Since Fela left Ghana you only knew how to sing old highlife and wedding songs, who marries with a Ghanaian music anymore anyways… Thank God we are not Ghanaians

Remember Nigerians created Nollywood, but Ghanaians are stuck trying to create something, should we call it[b] “Nannawood?”[/b] with the same characters- kofi, nana, kwabena and Elizabeth…you can’t even get near any wood, Charlie, thank God I’m not a Ghanaian o

And why did Obama come here and didn’t spend a second night, was it because Accra was too boring Thank God we are not Ghanaians.
Please if you can’t afford three-piece Nigerian agbada stop wearing the black and white stripe school uniform and call it a national attire, afterall you have discovered oil, please dress better, OK. Charlie, thank God we are not Ghanaians.

Our traditional rulers are cruising around in Bentley, Mercedes Benz, and BMW but yours are still hanging on wooden limos, Charlie, thank God we are not Ghanaians

We know you love to do 419 but tell me who will send you money when you send a dead chicken by FedEx in the name of Sakawa… Thank God we’re not Ghanaians o

Brothers, make una show some respect to the big brother next door, otherwise we will ask Lagosians to move over to Accra and overrun the place…

And as Fela taught, Fefe n’efe ntina obaa tu amirika a, ense na nofona yese, ebete ato ntia, ebete ato ntio, ebeti aton ti, abeti atontia, ebeti atonti, ebeti atonti e, ebeti atonti

Make una warn unaself o, na condition way make crayfish bend

ROFLMAO grin
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
I don't care about the recriminations from Ghanaians here because it is the original poster who called for them.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by onyengbu: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
all4naija:

I don't care about the recriminations from Ghanaians here because it is the original poster who called for them.

What is this one yapping sef?

The original poster only posted a link. Cant you even read? Abeg commot! grin
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Roland17(m): 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
"Dust has a way of slapping the face of anyone who tramples on it" Nigeria might be undergoing depression economically, but never make jest of its nationals. Ghana na una start wahala ooooo,
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by RickyRoss1(m): 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
Kweku_double:

Ricky_Ross, do i take it that you are just distorting the truth or that u want to create mischief??,  Do you genuinely believe yourself that the average ghanaian is more worried about nigeria than about his daily bread. Do you mean to tell me that upon all the numerous issues in ghana, we take delight trash-talking nigeria even to the extent that peace fm will spend valuable airtime talking about nigeria?
Dont tickle yourself my friend, the average ghanaian worries about inflation, the economy, education,jobs, etc, and peace fm doesnt do what you say. If you hear any radio station talking about 9ja, it means 9ja has made news, sometimes for good or bad reasons. OR somebody is trying to use an experience of 9ja to caution the authorities in ghana to take note and make sure same doesnt happen here(eg boko haram attacks) Ghanaians are not as silly as u r trying to make us look. I am quite sorry for your experience of ghana that has made you form such judgments but you cannot pollute the minds of fellow nairalanders about a whole nation just because of your experience with a couple of individuals.  
tacks) Ghanaians are not as silly as u r trying to make us look. I am quite sorry for your experience of ghana that has made you form such judgments but you cannot pollute the minds of fellow nairalanders about a whole nation just because of your experience with a couple of individuals.  

Truth is always bitter my friend, you are the first Ghanaian to admit there are numerous problems in Ghana. The rest see Nigerians as the only problems they have. My friend i am not stupid, I know what am talking about. I have lived in Ghana, my wife is Ghanaian and i have businesses in Ghana. Sometimes i feel that many radio stations in Ghana are paid by the government to spread lies and hatred against Nigerians. Peace FM spends most of their airtime talking about Nigerians.

Since you are trying to pretend let me ask you one honest question. Why is it that whenever there is armed robbery case in Ghana most Ghanians will start accusing Nigerians without any evidence or investigation? I was in Ghana when armed robbers attacked Ecobank in Accra and Nigerians were arrested for know reason. Even when Ghana police arrested the 7 Ghanian robbers they never set the innocent Nigerians free, each and everyone of them had to pay bribe to get freedom. The terrible things Ghanaians are doing to Nigerians in Ghana is too numerous to mention. Pls dont get me started.

Last year Ghana banned Nigerians from shooting films in Ghana even when alot of Ghanaian movie stars come to Nigeria to get huge contracts they cant get in Ghana. I am aware big Nigerian companies like Orange Drugs use some Ghanaians in their adverts.

For many years now many Nigerian owned shops in Ghana have been closed down by Ghana government claiming they are protecting small Ghanaian owned businesses but Ghanians are free to open shops in Nigeria without restrictions?? Like i said before, Ghanians are not our brothers bc they hate us with passion. I am not here to spread hatred but am saying it the way it is. My wife is Fante she hates the way most Ghanaians trash talk Nigerians when we dont give a phurck about Ghana. The earlier we stop this brotherhood rubbish the better for all of us. If Ghanaians are our brothers as they want us to believe why did the silly chicken boys from Ghana make that crappy song against Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Macavelius(m): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2011
Charlie, that was good.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Jarus(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
But Ghanaıan own was punchıer. Dem hıt Naıja pass thıs. .
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

What is this one yapping sef?

The original poster only posted a link. Cant you even read? Abeg commot! grin
Okay! Sorry sir! Go ahead and defend the universe not Nigeria when you know something like this will always call for troubles.

It's like somebody going about saying all Nigerians are 419 in their forum in response to after a Nigerian called their girls prostitutes.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by MyTake: 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
Responding to Ghanian's kinda give them some sort of relevance they've always craved- I dont think they deserve any attention at all. Leave Ghanians alone with their inferiority complex
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by HighChief4(m): 1:28am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^Exactly, cos Nigerians dont even think about them. But if they are not really paid for hatin, they should stop working for free
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by manny4life(m): 2:48am On Aug 25, 2011
Hehe humor @ its best

Although I did not encourage Nigeria replying but it's all good; Ghana is seeking attention and they sure got it.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Kajina: 3:32am On Aug 25, 2011
Wellmax, I really enjoyed reading your post.  Especially the part where you listed our names perfectly, from Monday to Sunday.   Very interesting.   By the way, we also have our given names attached to those names. You may not hear them but they are there. For example, my daughter's name is "Ama Yebowaa"  Ama being the female version of "Kwame" because she was born on Saturday, and "Yebowaa" -  the female version of "Yeboah". Had she been a boy she would have been called "Kwame Yeboah". So you see, we also have other names attached to those names. They are never given alone.  Just a little bit of education.

I also have a question, why is every rich man in Naija called chief or Oga?
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by sasuos(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2011
The problem with my nigerian brothers is that, SOME of you are suffering from "SUPERIORITY COMPLEX", haha, lol,,,the average Ghanaian does not care about big cars, big mansions Big whatever, My very good friend is a nigerian
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by RickyRoss1(m): 8:38am On Aug 25, 2011
Kajina:

Wellmax, I really enjoyed reading your post.  Especially the part where you listed our names perfectly, from Monday to Sunday.   Very interesting.   By the way, we also have our given names attached to those names. You may not hear them but they are there. For example, my daughter's name is "Ama Yebowaa"  Ama being the female version of "Kwame" because she was born on Saturday, and "Yebowaa" -  the female version of "Yeboah". Had she been a boy she would have been called "Kwame Yeboah". So you see, we also have other names attached to those names. They are never given alone.  Just a little bit of education.

I also have a question, why is every rich man in Naija called chief or Oga?      

No my dear every rich man in Nigeria is not called chief or oga, thats just one of those stupid generalizations,
As an African i believe you should know what Chieftaincy title means?
Anyway in Nigeria we dont call people by their names like you do in Ghana. Here we show some love/respect. Instead of saying Dominic, I can say brother Dominic or Oga Dominic, that doesnt mean the Dominic in question is rich or poor. It simply means he is older than me, period,

Ghanaians are not cultured. In the morning you see even kids looking at you like fools, they cant even greet. In Nigeria when you see someone who is older than you you say hello or good morning.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by jrtorrents: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

No my dear every rich man in Nigeria is not called chief or oga, thats just one of those silly generalizations,
As an African i believe you should know what Chieftaincy title means?
Anyway in Nigeria we dont call people by their names like you do in Ghana. Here we show some love/respect. Instead of saying Dominic, I can say brother Dominic or Oga Dominic, that doesnt mean the Dominic in question is rich or poor. It simply means he is older than me, period,

Ghanaians are not cultured. In the morning you see even kids looking at you like fools, they cant even greet. In Nigeria when you see someone who is older than you you say hello or good morning.

You think Ghanaian kids are brought up to give fun-fool respect like it is in Nigeria ?
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by EfeEkarume(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ghana must go!
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Kajina: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
My dear EfeEkarume, "Ghana must go" is old news now. Isn't it? Haven't you heard of the new slogan "Nigerians are coming". Go to Ghana and that is what you will hearoooo. Anyway, as we say in Ghana, AKWAABA our Naija brothers and sisters.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by 1forall: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2011
Kajina:

Haven't you heard of the new slogan "Nigerians are coming". Go to Ghana and that is what you will hearoooo.

grin grin
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Kajina: 3:28am On Aug 26, 2011
Ricky_Ross, That is where you go wrong; you obviously lack knowledge in Ghanaian culture when it comes to respect for age. No body in Ghana in all our ethnic groups will call a person older than him/her only by their name. Even if you are the richest in your family and your older brother is the most useless man who does nothing good with his life, you still refer to him as brother so and so. And I believe this applies to most (if not all) Black Africans as well.

Now back to my chief and oga question, I asked this question because I have noticed always in Nollywood movies that the rich men such as the politicians etc. are always referred to as chief by their girlfriends, wives, and other lower class individuals, even though they are not chiefs? Another thing I have observed is that, a rich man’s house worker, like say, the gateman, always refers to him as Oga even though this gateman may be decades older than his Oga.  On the other hand, this rich man never calls his (older) gateman Oga. Even the rich man’s children also call the gateman only by his name without any Oga or brother. So although I will not argue with what you said, you should also see why based on the above, it’s fair for a person who has never been to Naija to conclude that in Nigeria you call your rich men chief or Oga.

By the way, I only responded to the part of the lyrics that says "which country in the world calls their friends “Charley”." Since culture is socially constructed, we all have cultures exclusively to our race, countries, ethnic groups, peer groups, etc, and there is nothing wrong with that, so please no vex on this one. Please don’t cast insults, it’s all fun.

For your information, Ghanaian children are really, really cultured. Obviously, you don’t know them that much to know what they are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by jiggaz(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ghana must go!!!! Looolzzzz. I luv dis reply, Ghanaians are seeking for attention and they got what they deserve. So why complain? They should have known not to mess with ''Nigerians'' coz we ''Too Much'' as Jimmy Jatt and Sasha rapped in their song. I dont know why Ghanaians are soooo jealous of we ''Nigerians''? God had made us the ''BIG BROTHER'' in Africa and so it shall remain(not withstanding our economic and domestic troubles). The funny thing is dat we dont even talk about Ghana and its people here in Naija. Even if we want to talk about other countries, then it will be U.S, U.K, Canada or South Africa, lol. So Ghanaians take time or else we will send Lagosians to go and pursue all of una for Accra!!! Looooooolzzzzzz,
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by rabzy: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
Kweku_double:

Ricky_Ross, do i take it that you are just distorting the truth or that u want to create mischief??,  Do you genuinely believe yourself that the average ghanaian is more worried about nigeria than about his daily bread. Do you mean to tell me that upon all the numerous issues in ghana, we take delight trash-talking nigeria even to the extent that peace fm will spend valuable airtime talking about nigeria?
Dont tickle yourself my friend, the average ghanaian worries about inflation, the economy, education,jobs, etc, and peace fm doesnt do what you say. If you hear any radio station talking about 9ja, it means 9ja has made news, sometimes for good or bad reasons. OR somebody is trying to use an experience of 9ja to caution the authorities in ghana to take note and make sure same doesnt happen here(eg boko haram attacks) Ghanaians are not as silly as u r trying to make us look. I am quite sorry for your experience of ghana that has made you form such judgments but you cannot pollute the minds of fellow nairalanders about a whole nation just because of your experience with a couple of individuals.  
tacks) Ghanaians are not as silly as u r trying to make us look. I am quite sorry for your experience of ghana that has made you form such judgments but you cannot pollute the minds of fellow nairalanders about a whole nation just because of your experience with a couple of individuals.  

I have been to ghana three times and there is hardly a time you would not read something bad about Nigerians or Nigeria in the Daily papers. Boko haram is a global news so its not surprising if it makes the news, but when very flimsy things are included in news items about us then you assume its just there to make us look bad and many people are joining the train. All you need to do is to say you are from Nigeria and before you venture far into your discussion, they start bringing up different trash about us.

There are a lot of Ghanaians in Nigeria and bad things also happen in Ghana but it does not make the news. Millions of Beninese (food, catering, fishing, textile business, househelps) Togolese (mainly construction industry) and Ghanaians, south Africans etc are here doing sundry of things legal and illegal, we don't feel threatened by them and we don't write bad things about them in the papers or about their country.

So

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by rabzy: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
Kajina:

Ricky_Ross, That is where you go wrong; you obviously lack knowledge in Ghanaian culture when it comes to respect for age. No body in Ghana in all our ethnic groups will call a person older than him/her only by their name. Even if you are the richest in your family and your older brother is the most useless man who does nothing good with his live, you still refer to him as brother so and so. And I believe this applies to most (if not all) Black Africans as well.

Now back to my chief and oga question, I asked this question because I have noticed always in Nollywood movies that the rich men such as the politicians etc. are always referred to as chief by their girlfriends, wives, and other lower class individuals, even though they are not chiefs? Another thing I have observed is that, a rich man’s house worker, like say, the gateman, always refers to him as Oga even though this gateman may be decades older than his Oga.  On the other hand, this rich man never calls his (older) gateman Oga. Even the rich man’s children also call the gateman only by his name without any Oga or brother. So although I will not argue with what you said, you should also see why based on the above, it’s fair for a person who has never been to Naija to conclude that in Nigeria you call your rich men chief or Oga.

By the way, I only responded to the part of the lyrics that says "which country in the world calls their friends “Charley”." Since culture is socially constructed, we all have cultures exclusively to our race, countries, ethnic groups, peer groups, etc, and there is nothing wrong about that, so please no vex on this one. Please don’t cast insults, it’s all fun.

To your information, Ghanaian children are really, really cultured. Obviously, you don’t know them that much to know what they are.

Culture differs and what is respectful here might be serious disrespect elsewhere, so its wrong to castigate anyone's culture. About your question, first i hate Nollywood or rather i hate the crappy stories and all the nonsense directing they do. So using nollywood as source of anything won't give you much.

Oga means Boss, so in the context it was used by girlfriends and gatemen, hosehelp it was right, so an older gateman must call his boss 'oga'. Most rich men are bosses, so they are rightly called 'oga'.

Then in the those films most of the rich men are chiefs and since it is a status symbol in the society, many rich men go to their village or anywhere where it is for sale and get a chieftaincy, but if i don't know you are a chief i wont call you a chief and even if i know i might refuse to call you chief. But often times you can call your friend or someone you want to draw its attention and you don't know his name 'chief' 'bros' as a sort of respect, but that is not the context i which it is used in those films.

In everyday life children of rich men especially in the west don't call their old gatemen by name they call them 'baba' even the owner of the house often call these men 'baba'.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by rhymz(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
Kajina:

Ricky_Ross, That is where you go wrong; you obviously lack knowledge in Ghanaian culture when it comes to respect for age. No body in Ghana in all our ethnic groups will call a person older than him/her only by their name. Even if you are the richest in your family and your older brother is the most useless man who does nothing good with his live, you still refer to him as brother so and so. And I believe this applies to most (if not all) Black Africans as well.

By the way, I only responded to the part of the lyrics that says "which country in the world calls their friends “Charley”." Since culture is socially constructed, we all have cultures exclusively to our race, countries, ethnic groups, peer groups, etc, and there is nothing wrong about that, so please no vex on this one. Please don’t cast insults, it’s all fun.

To your information, Ghanaian children are really, really cultured. Obviously, you don’t know them that much to know what they are.

Honestly, you are the first Ghanaian that I am not tempted to curse out here. I like your maturity, calmness and tone of language, unlike the majority of your compatriots who come here and want to defend the indefensible.
When I first read the lyrics to that very derogatory song by forcking boys or whatever they call themselves, I was like; "mehn, when are these Ghanaians going to stop obsessing themselves with Nigeria. Trust me, over here in Lagos, nobody gives a hoot about Ghana let alone think of doing a diss song dedicated to them just to make fellow ghanaians laugh. In fact, the only time Ghana comes up as a topic in any part of Nigeria is when there is a football match between us and usually, it is never in derogatory terms.
The whole Nigeria/Ghana comparisons started with the influx of Nigerian traders, professionals and businesses to Ghana. With investments from other nationals too coupled with stories political unrest in Nigeria and capital flight from Nigeria, all of a sudden, Nigeria became a laughing stock to Ghanaians and reference point to anything that is bad. Go to Ghanaweb it is awashed with negetive stories about Nigerians and Ghanaians making derog comments about Nigeria and its people.
An average Ghanaian will talk poo about Nigeria to make Ghana look good, it can be so annoying you know?
Nigeria with all its attendant problems is still a long mile in development than Ghana, there is nothing Ghana can tell Nigeria even with its problems. I laugh when they boast of 24hrs to Nigerians cos I know that story will only impress a person that has not been to Ghana or ha e relatives there doing business there.
Ghanaians will have to stop the nonsense if they want us Nigerians to see them as brothers.served is that, a rich man’s house worker, like say, the gateman, always refers to him as Oga even though this gateman may be decades older than his Oga.  On the other hand, this rich man never calls his (older) gateman Oga. Even the rich man’s children also call the gateman only by his name without any Oga or brother. So although I will not argue with what you said, you should also see why based on the above, it’s fair for a person who has never been to Naija to conclude that in Nigeria you call your rich men chief or Oga.

[quote][/quote] Honestly, you are the first Ghanaian that I am not tempted to curse out here. I like your maturity, calmness and tone of language, unlike the majority of your compatriots who come here and want to defend the indefensible.
When I first read the lyrics to that very derogatory song by forcking boys or whatever they call themselves, I was like; "mehn, when are these Ghanaians going to stop obsessing themselves with Nigeria. Trust me, over here in Lagos, nobody gives a hoot about Ghana let alone think of doing a diss song dedicated to them just to make fellow ghanaians laugh. In fact, the only time Ghana comes up as a topic in any part of Nigeria is when there is a football match between us and usually, it is never in derogatory terms.
The whole Nigeria/Ghana comparisons started with the influx of Nigerian traders, professionals and businesses to Ghana. With investments from other nationals too coupled with stories political unrest in Nigeria and capital flight from Nigeria, all of a sudden, Nigeria became a laughing stock to Ghanaians and reference point to anything that is bad. Go to Ghanaweb it is awashed with negetive stories about Nigerians and Ghanaians making derog comments about Nigeria and its people.
An average Ghanaian will talk poo about Nigeria to make Ghana look good, it can be so annoying you know?
Nigeria with all its attendant problems is still a long mile in development than Ghana, there is nothing Ghana can tell Nigeria even with its problems. I laugh when they boast of 24hrs to Nigerians cos I know that story will only impress a person that has not been to Ghana or ha e relatives there doing business there.
Ghanaians will have to stop the nonsense if they want us Nigerians to see them as brothers.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Kajina: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
rabzy:

Culture differs and what is respectful here might be serious disrespect elsewhere, so its wrong to castigate anyone's culture. About your question, first i hate Nollywood or rather i hate the crappy stories and all the nonsense directing they do. So using nollywood as source of anything won't give you much.

Oga means Boss, so in the context it was used by girlfriends and gatemen, hosehelp it was right, so an older gateman must call his boss 'oga'. Most rich men are bosses, so they are rightly called 'oga'.

Then in the those films most of the rich men are chiefs and since it is a status symbol in the society, many rich men go to their village or anywhere where it is for sale and get a chieftaincy, but if i don't know you are a chief i wont call you a chief and even if i know i might refuse to call you chief. But often times you can call your friend or someone you want to draw its attention and you don't know his name 'chief' 'bros' as a sort of respect, but that is not the context i which it is used in those films.

In everyday life children of rich men especially in the west don't call their old gatemen by name they call them 'baba' even the owner of the house often call these men 'baba'.

Well said, that's a bit of education.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by EfeEkarume(m): 4:37am On Aug 27, 2011
Kajina:

My dear EfeEkarume, "Ghana must go" is old news now. Isn't it? Haven't you heard of the new slogan "Nigerians are coming". Go to Ghana and that is what you will hearoooo. Anyway, as we say in Ghana, AKWAABA our Naija brothers and sisters.
Tell me more lies puh-lease.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by Kajina: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2011
rhymz:

Honestly, you are the first Ghanaian that I am not tempted to curse out here. I like your maturity, calmness and tone of language, unlike the majority of your compatriots who come here and want to defend the indefensible.
Ghanaians will have to stop the nonsense if they want us Nigerians to see them as brothers.

Cool off my dear, We are already brothers and sisters, and will always be. Ghanaians and Nigerians have come a long way in our relationship. We may not know it, but despite our silly behaviors towards each other, what binds us is greater than what divides us. Long live GH & Naija.
Re: Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians by realborn(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
@ Kajina,
May yu b blessed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Free Nigerian Music Blogs/sites To Submit Your Songs To / Flavour Ft. Fally Ipupa - Kwarikwa Remix [OFFICIAL VIDEO] / What Are The Top 20 Timeless Nigerian Music Video's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.