Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday (9283 Views)

DJ Xclusive Is Getting Married This Week / Mercy Johnson Is Losing Weight By Swimming (photos) / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by razznaija(f): 2:18am On Aug 24, 2011
Read the official statement from her publicist below,
Some called it a trial of love while others said it is a triumph of love, but for Mercy Johnson, it is simply a leap of faith.
We would like to formally inform the general public especially Mercy Johnson fans that after several legal and spiritual consultations, Mercy Johnson has decided to go ahead with the wedding plans.
MJ will be walking down the aisle come Saturday, August 27. She however urges her fans and friends to pray along with her and appreciates those who stood by her.
Signed
Bigsam Media
This post is courtesy of Lindaikeji.com
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by tpia5: 2:57am On Aug 24, 2011
the men say this is the sexiest figure in nollywood?

hmm.

seems nigeria is resting on its oars or past glory undecided
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Johnnycash: 3:41am On Aug 24, 2011
gud 4 her , buh i do hope dat the marriage does last cheesy[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by tpia5: 3:43am On Aug 24, 2011
if that's considered one of the best nollywood has to offer, then nigerian women indeed have a problem. undecided
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by CyberG: 3:45am On Aug 24, 2011
See the leg self! grin grin grin
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by canadaik(m): 3:59am On Aug 24, 2011
that is good for her, wish her all the best
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by allboyz(m): 4:00am On Aug 24, 2011
CyberG:

See the leg self! grin grin grin

Chai!!! Nigerians grin grin grin grin

she try small nao grin
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by CHoccolaTE: 4:02am On Aug 24, 2011
So are the association of Nigerian women still going to riot over it?
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 24, 2011
I wonder if all the controversy and saga will be worth it in the end. I can't imagine going through such just to be a second wife lmao. She can do so much better than that.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Rastamann: 4:06am On Aug 24, 2011
I hope she knows what marriage is all about and what she is getting into?
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 24, 2011
i don't it's scriptural 4 d church 2 unify them unless they're telling me keeping multiple wives is ok, then they should also try 2 get d man back in2 loving his 1st wife
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Yisolar(f): 5:33am On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Blazing88(f): 5:58am On Aug 24, 2011
i hope beyonce is performing @ diz wedding o, cos d noise abt it just too much. For what nau? being a second wife? Smh! wat a pity,
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by goldng: 5:58am On Aug 24, 2011
Hope this is not a rumour shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Jettage: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2011
"Mercy Johnson: Christ Embassy, my Church. Will they bend the rule? "

Nigerian controversial wedding takes place this Saturday at the (Christ embassy) Church, speculation that the star actress Mercy Johnson will discontinue the wedding is still scanty
The media spokesperson wrote,

MJ will be walking down the aisle come Saturday, August 27. She however urges her fans and friends to pray along with her and appreciates those who stood by her.
Signed
Bigsam Media “Linda”

There were reports that society for Nigerian women promises Christ embassy a showdown if Mercy Johnson's wedding still holds.
This is a real test of the true status of the church in national view, as it is hoped they are adherents of the Bible standard on marriage.

http://akinbami..com/2011/08/mercy-johnson-christ-embassy-my-church.html
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by tpia5: 6:10am On Aug 24, 2011
This is a real test of the true status of the church in national view

most definitely.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Princek12(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2011
tpia@:

if that's considered one of the best nollywood has to offer, then nigerian women indeed have a problem. undecided

If you speak the facts, they say you are disrespecting Nigerian women, despite the proof being in the pudding.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by iyaibeji1: 7:29am On Aug 24, 2011
If the first news we heard about the hubby being married and having kids et al is true why would a good talent like hers settle for second wife(if she is sure she is 2nd sef) and why would a church of God perform this controversial marriage. i believe the saying you will reap whatever you sow still occur so someone should tell all the parties involved to thread softly.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by edlion57(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2011
another question is hw long will this marriage last?another question is hw long will this marriage last?
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by brainpulse: 7:42am On Aug 24, 2011
I CAN NOW SAY BOLDLY THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE BEHIND HER WANTING TO MARRY THIS GUY BY FORCE.

WHEN SOME LADIES ARE DOING EVERYTHING NOT TO BE A SECOND FIDDLE, SHE IS ENTERING AS A SECOND LEG WITH HER EYES WILD OPENED. SOME WOMEN BY SHOVELS, DIGGER TO DIG THERE GRAVE THEMSELVES.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by brainpulse: 7:45am On Aug 24, 2011
IS CHRIST EMBASSY A CHURCH? JUST A QUESTION.

BECAUSE EVERY CHURCH I KNOW, YOU MUST PAST THROUGH THERE COUNSELLING SECTIONS, AND WONT JOIN ANY INTENDING COUPLE IF THERE ARE CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2011
See desperation !
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by talktrue1(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2011

IS CHRIST EMBASSY A CHURCH? JUST A QUESTION.

I don't think so. Its an Embassy just like Hungarian Embassy
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by sayso: 8:24am On Aug 24, 2011
MJ carry go.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by 2tek: 8:24am On Aug 24, 2011
wt dis desperation, i strongly suspect dat MJ might b PREGNANT nd is not thinking of abortion nd wouldn't want 2 hv a child outside wedlock
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by conquerorb: 8:27am On Aug 24, 2011
i want to think there is more to this than meet the eyes. or is it desperation at its peak? whatever it is, i strongly think there is more to this than we kw/have heard. btw, a suppose church of god is behind it? what falsehood!!
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by ifyalways(f): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2011
I wud assume this is a rumour till proved otherwise come saturday.
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by cretin: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2011
Rom 7:2  For a married woman is bound by the Law to her husband while he is living, but if her husband dies, she is released from the Law concerning her husband.
Rom 7:3  So while her husband is living, she will be called an adulterer if she lives with another man. But if her husband dies, she is free from this Law, so that she is not an adulterer if she marries another man

see what my bible says about divorcing and remarrying while ur spouse is alife!.

dont listen to pastors,churches, bishops, cos on judgement day, all man will stand b4 God  alone, no pastor od bishop or general overseer will come to defend you, they too will be fighting for their souls!
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by earthrealm(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2011
cretin:

Rom 7:2  For a married woman is bound by the Law to her husband while he is living, but if her husband dies, she is released from the Law concerning her husband.
Rom 7:3  So while her husband is living, she will be called an adulterer if she lives with another man. But if her husband dies, she is free from this Law, so that she is not an adulterer if she marries another man

see what my bible says about divorcing and remarrying while your spouse is alife!.

dont listen to pastors,churches, bishops, cos on judgement day, all man will stand b4 God  alone, no pastor od bishop or general overseer will come to defend you, they too will be fighting for their souls!

EXACTLY!!!, U REALLY KNOW UR SCRIPTURES
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by duro: 9:10am On Aug 24, 2011
God Bless who. God cannot and will never bless such a Thing. Let her repent quickly before judgment descend. And for those Pastors who bend the scriptures for private gain their judgment is nearer than before. The standard is the same. God will not bend his rule irrespective of the modern times we are. The same measure with which he will judge men that lived in the time of John the Baptist is the same with which he will judge we that are living now. Food for thought for everyone. lipsrsealed
Re: Mercy Johnson Is Getting Married This Saturday by nimma(f): 9:16am On Aug 24, 2011
I wonder why we are taking panadol for Mercy's headache! We shold also not be so quick to pass judgements! None of us have the true stories except what we have been reading.Do u think Christ Embassy would risk its reputation for a wedding? WE were not in the meetings held by the church and the family members, so lets just wait and see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jubilation In The Southeast As New 5000 Naira Note Take Ojukwu Image / Marlians: Nigerians Reacts Over Ladies Naked Pictures Going Viral Online(photos) / Shocking Illuminati Scandal Photos Of Goldie Surface The Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.