Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,268 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Best Apps For Listening To Audio Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best Apps For Listening To Audio Stories (539 Views)

Scary Audio Stories To Tell In The Dark / Five Songs You Should Be Listening To / 7 Reasons Why You Should Start Listening To Audiobooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Apps For Listening To Audio Stories by MSGriot: 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
I'm a story lover but I find it difficult to have the time to sit down and read a book - whether on my phone or a physical book. Here are 4 apps where I can go to to listen to stories, while I keep my busy schedule going:

1. PocketFM (www.pocketfm.com): I think these guys are Indian. They have a lot of interesting stories, but sometimes the accents annoy me. Still, it's very nice, and their stories are interesting - from romance to fantasy, even horror.

2. Audible (www.audible.com): Audible basically started this whole audio books thing. But they're expensive! Like 7 dollars for 1 book per month! I had to stop my subscription like 4 years ago. Cannot be spending dollars anyhow in this Buhari Economy.

3. Genti Audio (www.gentimedia.com): These guys are pretty new (since August) and I think they're Nigerian. So far, it's my best. It's completely free, and they have some interesting stories and audio dramas that I used to read/listen back then, and they have stories in english, pidgin, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa. Wow. Stories like 225 Katakata Street, When a Woman Wants, and even BBC's Story Story. The only thing is they need to bring out more stuff. They still don't have that much content, but it's promising sha.

4. Noice (https://open.noice.id/). Cool app but most of their content is in Indonesian (I think). Some english titles here and there, but hard to find.

So there you have it guys. I hope this is helpful. Have you guys tried any of these apps? Let me know what you think, and if there are more you would recommend, please let me know

1 Like

Re: Best Apps For Listening To Audio Stories by GoldenGTV(m): 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
Quite interesting to know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Honours Her Father. / Writers Needed - 10 Unique And Fresh SEO Articles For $10 Or N1500 / Achebe Well Celebrated Storyteller But Not Father Of African Literature---

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.