Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother (2872 Views)

I Divorced My Wife / Help!! My Father Has Too Much Interest On Widows / Please Help! A New Tenant Has Just Kidnapped 3 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by efelicity: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
They say a house divided against itself will fall. Well, that's not superstition. My parents are always at odds with each other and my dad had always threaten to divorce my mother. Sometimes they would call me to leave my work just to come settle them.

Today my mother called and told me that my father sent her packing..all efforts to bring them together was futile. I blame my mother for refusing to apologise as usual. I just don't know what to do.
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by VictorDivine: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
It's because your father is broke..you and your father should use your mother for rituals to enrich your father so he can marry another wife.
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by efelicity: 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2022
VictorDivine:
It's because your father is broke..you and your father should use your mother for rituals to enrich your father so he can marry another wife.
why do you guys like making jokes out of serious issues? is your brain running backward?

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Mindlog: 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
What is the point of hanging on to a marriage when your dad is regularly threatening your mother with divorce?

You and your siblings (if any), should help your mother get her own accomodation as both have been toxic to each other, so going their separate ways is best for your parents.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Romanoff(f): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
I'll suggest you don't get involved. There is a lot you probably don't know about their marriage and it's best to not take sides.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Mindlog: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
VictorDivine:

In as much as your stupidity is always eager to make an appearance, there are lines you should not cross

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Helpout12345: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
I know how you must be feeling right now.

For now, just arrange for a comfortable place for mama to stay.

After that, continue to talk to both parties to shield their swords. They can still settle their issues after all adrenaline has settled down. If you children cannot settle them, involve people they both respect alot from their families and even friends.

Remember both of them are your parents, so please remain neutral and fair.

6 Likes

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Hollybratt(m): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2022
efelicity:
why do you guys like making jokes out of serious issues? is your brain running backward?
Sorry bro, don't mind that brainless dude, my advise for you is to organise family meeting with your parent, invite some wise men to the meeting, let them speak word into your parent head. If that didn't work, my brother na to separate your parent be that o, make ur mother dey live with you, and let ur father remain in the house alone make he dey knack the bed.
IRMC

2 Likes

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Pierocash(m): 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2022
I suspect your mum is not a loyal and submissive woman. Judging by your write-up,she was giving your dad a face-off.

Nothing you can do,except she accepts to be humble,and loyal,that marriage is done and dusted

2 Likes

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Hollybratt(m): 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
Mindlog:

In as much as your stupidity is always eager to make an appearance, there are lines you should not cross

Who draw the lines?

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Weirdcamila: 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2022
Don’t be bothered . Keep up like nothing happened . Divorce is better compared to death

2 Likes

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Oyiboman69: 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
Time will teach them their mistakes

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Richy4(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2022
That's not divorce man...

Separation is different from divorce..
It could be a cool off period for both of them to think things through and they can still continue from where they stopped...

Until bride price is returned or paper signed, it's assumed that they have just separated...

This piece of advice might not be easy but whatever u do, please don't take side... You and your siblings should be as neutral as u can..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Princessdainty(m): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
This one na breakfast pro max and it requires the presence of the elders in your family.

But why can't your mama humbly apologize to her husband?. What does it take to reignite the spark in her marriage and be sweet to your man again?

Or maybe she's tired. Being married to a black man is exhausting.
I hope the children can cater to her.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Karen2024(f): 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2022
efelicity:
Obviously

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by extol1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
That is not divorce yet, it seems your mother hold money, if not it doesnt take anything to apologise

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by ibechris(m): 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2022
VictorDivine:

Response like this helps to denote that u are not from a good home.

In fact,there is no love lost in ur family, ur parents are bittered and I am sure they passed it down to u,hence this gross misbehaviour in public places.

Have remorse for people as u don't know what everyone is going through.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by cobby14(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2022
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Sweetvie: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2022
They're not divorce
Am sure they'll settle whatever the problem is... Don't be sad, just pray and don't over get involve and don't side any smiley

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by VictorDivine: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2022
ibechris:

Response like this helps to denote that u are not from a good home.

In fact,there is no love lost in ur family, ur parents are bittered and I am sure they passed it down to u,hence this gross misbehaviour in public places.

Have remorse for people as u don't know what everyone is going through.

Sharrapp!!!
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by sirrotex: 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
This is not divorce
efelicity:
They say a house divided against itself will fall. Well, that's not superstition. My parents are always at odds with each other and my dad had always threaten to divorce my mother. Sometimes they would call me to leave my work just to come settle them.

Today my mother called and told me that my father sent her packing..all efforts to bring them together was futile. I blame my mother for refusing to apologise as usual. I just don't know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by ObiaboAdoka(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
Sending her packing doesn't mean divorce bro. With time they will resolve der difference nd amalgamate.
efelicity:

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
Leave them and mind your business.

You're only their child and the sooner they start acting like adults and finding a way forward, the better.

They have no right to make their problems your problems, and if they really did cared about your feelings as their child, they wouldn't involve you.
efelicity:

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Messi1: 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2022
Samantha123:
Leave them and mind your business.

You're only their child and the sooner they start acting like adults and finding a way forward, the better.

They have no right to make their problems your problems, and if they really did cared about your feelings as their child, they wouldn't involve you.
I will surely get into your pant.
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2022
Why?
Messi1:
I will surely get into your pant.
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
Can you share something’s that causes the face off with us, maybe we can pick up our contribution from there. Is dad no more working? Cause most times, women tend to show their character when money isn’t coming in as such.

efelicity:

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Ovieemmanuel: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
VictorDivine:
I sorry for your father such a pity. The waste of sperm he calls a child.

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Messi1: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
Samantha123:
Why?
Because you are beautiful and so special.
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Rexymania(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
That's not divorce na, he only sent her parking.

It's a lesson for you: watch before you leap

Your mother could even be doing that so that she'd be the only one you guys (her children) will be taking care of. Fear woman o
Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
efelicity:

Helping your mother move on from the divorce seems all you can do at this point. The problem is rather than understand her, you blame her for your father's decision and you know why you do that, so I hope you can maybe forgive her enough to help her move forward from this. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Houseofglam7(f): 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2022
VictorDivine:
Say no to drugs undecided

1 Like

Re: My Father Has Just Divorced My Mother by Corporate2020: 12:42am On Nov 16, 2022
VictorDivine:

This your inherited generational madness has no cure

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moral Decadence Of Ladies / Should She Tell Him?? / Would You Allow Your Teenage Children Be Intimate Under The Same Roof As You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.