Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: (1380 Views)

The 2016 Prophecies, By Rev. Gabriel Israel, President Of NEWLIFE WORD CHURCH / If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria For One Day, What Will You Change? / The Man Behind The President - Yusuf Tilde, The Chief Security Officer (cso) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by dkc(m): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2011
[color=#770077][/color][i][/i]Dear Nairalanders, we often castigate past and present governments/presidents, vis-a-vis corruption, weakness, tyrant, etc. I'm not commending them for whatever woes they've brought upon the country but as a nigerian who is honest with his/her self, if you had the opportunity to become the president of Nigeria, what will you to do develop the country to be named amongst the best in the world and how long will it take you to achieve this feats. Contributors should be those with reasonable knowledge of the country, have travelled through most of the geopolitical zones and have an idea of the myriads of problems we are facing now. Thank You.
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by coogar: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2011
dkc:

[color=#770077][/color][i][/i]Dear Nairalanders, we often castigate past and present governments/presidents, vis-a-vis corruption, weakness, tyrant, etc. I'm not commending them for whatever woes they've brought upon the country but as a nigerian who is honest with his/her self, if you had the opportunity to become the president of Nigeria, what will you to do develop the country to be named amongst the best in the world and how long will it take you to achieve this feats. Contributors should be those with reasonable knowledge of the country, have travelled through most of the geopolitical zones and have an idea of the myriads of problems we are facing now. Thank You.

fix the power supply. . . . .that alone would make me the life president.
other feats don't matter, fix the electricity and you would have removed 80% of the poverty in that country.
any president that does this gets ma vote to be the president for the next 1000 years.

those who have had the opportunity to fix the electricity and failed are the worst nigerian leaders ever.
obasanjo the swine - are you listening?
jonathan the vegetable - time is ticking away.
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by dkc(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ Coogar: I'll like to know how long you'll need to achieve this feat, possibly, how you think you can achieve it. i once listened to a tv program that said agriculture is more important(rather pressing) than power, can you prove that wrong?
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by coogar: 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
dkc:

@ Coogar: I'll like to know how long you'll need to achieve this feat, possibly, how you think you can achieve it. i once listened to a tv program that said agriculture is more important(rather pressing) than power, can you prove that wrong?

how is agriculture more important? whoever said that must be living in la-la land.
power is the most important. . . . .close your eyes, imagine the amount of money nigerians spend buying fuel to feed their generators, how much they spend fixing these machines and how much they spend acquiring new ones. . . .

who do you think bears the brunt of these vicious cycle? the consumers!
cos the company providing the services have added the overheads to the final value of the finished product. . .which means you are paying 300% or more of what you should have been paying.

there's no magic in providing this power. . . . .ensuring the smooth running of generation, transmission and distribution shouldn't be rocket science.
the fact is the nigerian government know what the solution is. . . . .but there are loads of simpletons in our government who are making loads of money with the epileptic power supply. i read somewhere atiku is the biggest importer of generating plants in nigeria. . . . .all these rogues would be put out of business if there's power in nigeria so they do everything humanly possible to sabotage the projects.
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by bvc(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
My first day in office, i will invite the 50 best electricity companies in the world so they can give suggestions and quotations that i will personally scrutinise and choose the best 5 of different sources. pay them in percentages as they get to work with a time limit of 6months maximum to deliver atleast 98% electricity to the whole country. secondly, i will make a decree that every one plot of land in urban areas should have a tree. thirdly, every geopolitical zone will have a mechanised farming system of atleast a hundred hectres, these will feed the country. i will not take loans, grants or aids from foreign countries or bodies, we will learn to manage what we have(a borrower is a slave to the lender). foreign investors with businesses that will better the country will have a no-charge licence as long as they train Nigerians to manage their affairs. oil companies licences that are currently renewed every 40years will be revoked, they will renew yearly, stop spillage and train Nigerians as expertriates,
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
Open account in Swizlnd,Pakistan,UK,US,Saudi, and South Africa. $25 Billion USD in each. Then, I will go back to my home country USA and hand power over to my homeboys.
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by itiswell1(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
Good one reality101. That's my move.
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 25, 2011
Thanks. . And I will give you minister for supportation lol
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by Lanrefemi: 1:11am On Aug 26, 2011
The main thing I will do is to make sure that be you so high the law will always be above you, meaning that no matter who you may be you can always be prosecuted if you do anything wrong, this will make our politicians and leaders to start acting and ruling well.
In addition I will make sure there are always free and fair elections in which Nigerians can always choose their leaders without corruption and imposition.
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by dkc(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2011
bvc:

My first day in office, i will invite the 50 best electricity companies in the world so they can give suggestions and quotations that i will personally scrutinise and choose the best 5 of different sources. pay them in percentages as they get to work with a time limit of 6months maximum to deliver atleast 98% electricity to the whole country. secondly, i will make a decree that every one plot of land in urban areas should have a tree. thirdly, every geopolitical zone will have a mechanised farming system of atleast a hundred hectres, these will feed the country. i will not take loans, grants or aids from foreign countries or bodies, we will learn to manage what we have(a borrower is a slave to the lender). foreign investors with businesses that will better the country will have a no-charge licence as long as they train Nigerians to manage their affairs. oil companies licences that are currently renewed every 40years will be revoked, they will renew yearly, stop spillage and train Nigerians as expertriates,
remember, decrees don't work in a democratic setting, besides, all your proposals have to pass through the national assembly.
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by ice234: 5:57am On Aug 28, 2011
If am the president. This buko haram and militancy will be a thing of the pass. I would eliminate all the party
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by nakita(f): 8:13am On Aug 28, 2011
I will be the president when the time comes and i am going to change a lots of things as fashola does haha
Re: If You Were Made The President Of Nigeria: by Buskete(m): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2011
@reality101, that was a very realistic proposal.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Botlhale Boikanyo. . . .an Exceptiönal Talent. / My Conversation With A SA Woman / Mention Some Funny Names You've Encountered On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.