Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Should I Report To My Boss? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Report To My Boss? (3563 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / How Do I Report My Employer For Breach of agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2022
There is this guy that is working in my place of work, he is also a serving corp member. The thing is that this guy has already started working in another place. Now he comes to our place of work like once or twice in a week, the head of his dept knows this and does not know what to do. Meanwhile our boss doesnt know this because I am sure he will not allow such thing. This guy expects to be paid at the end of the month and i dont agree with this. I have told his dept head to tell him to choose one because the dept head is having it hard for him to cope with the burden of this guy dt he is supposed to do but wunt be able to do since he has gotten another job.

The problem is; if my boss finds out about this, the dept head, the supervisor and even I may not be paid. My boss will say we knew about it and we refused to tell him. Personally, i dont feel comfortable that a guy will be collecting allawee, doing another full time job elsewhere and also pretending to be doing full time job here in my workplace and b expecting to be paid the same amount for the month.....

Even his service, My boss is not fully aware dt he is serving but his head of dept is not having any problem with dt since CDS is just once in a week but holding 2 full jobs and NYSC is unfair to our boss. People are looking for jobs and one person is holding two jobs when it is not suppose to be so bothers me.

I have taken a decision that when it is time to pay salary, i will approach his head of dept and tell him that the guy must not be paid full salary for whatsoever. Like this guy earns over 80k from his new job, 33k allawee, and over 80k in this our organization while some people are working 24/7 in this place and they are earning 35k. I find it unfair and greedy...

Nairalanders, what do you think about this?

For those talking out of point, i dont blame you. No be you dey work na. Same you is complaining about lecturers working in 3 schools, talking abt the state of the economy but deep down, u r the same with those you are criticizing.

Let me point it out; This is not the first time our boss has withheld our salary for not informing him abt sumtin he later got to know. This is not also the 2nd time our boss has withheld this dept head salary for not informing him.... If our boss should find out abt this current one, it wont turn out well for me, dept head or even the supervisor (who is also not aware about it). My boss wunt pay us and he might relieve us from this job because he is already having so many issues with work things.

Modified: I'm currently on a long call with his head.... He is worried abt the guy and he told him to choose one... He said the work he is supposed to do is piling on his head and he can't take it again..... Apparently, the guy in question took excuse dt he is sick and dt is what the boss still think unknown to our boss, he is nt sick, he is doing two jobs...... As it is now, most staffs are aware abt it....... His head of dept told me now Dt he has told him dt if he doesn't take a decision by next week, he will have to tell our boss abt it... Bad enough, our supervisor who is a lady is aware abt it and she is the one dt usually gossip things to our boss.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Treasure17(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2022
The guy's challenges might be more than the analysis you presented and considering the fact that the economy right now is not smiling so having multiple income is a big deal. However, I think you should let your boss do the worry and let the chips fall where they may. Peradventure he asks you about it, feign ignorance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by gulfer: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2022
Hmmmm angry angry angry angry
Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Rubyjade: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:
There is this guy that is working in my place of work, he is also a serving corp member. The thing is that this guy has already started working in another place. Now he comes to our place of work like once or twice in a week, the head of his dept knows this and does not know what to do. Meanwhile our boss doesnt know this because I am sure he will not allow such thing. This guy expects to be paid at the end of the month and i dont agree with this. I have told his dept head to tell him to choose one because the dept head is having it hard for him to cope with the burden of this guy dt he is supposed to do but wunt be able to do since he has gotten another job.

The problem is; if my boss finds out about this, the dept head, the supervisor and even I may not be paid. My boss will say we knew about it and we refused to tell him. Personally, i dont feel comfortable that a guy will be collecting allawee, doing another full time job elsewhere and also pretending to be doing full time job here in my workplace and b expecting to be paid the same amount for the month.....

Even his service, My boss is not fully aware dt he is serving but his head of dept is not having any problem with dt since CDS is just once in a week but holding 2 full jobs and NYSC is unfair to our boss. People are looking for jobs and one person is holding two jobs when it is not suppose to be so bothers me.

I have taken a decision that when it is time to pay salary, i will approach his head of dept and tell him that the guy must not be paid full salary for whatsoever. Like this guy earns over 80k from his new job, 33k allawee, and over 80k in this our organization while some people are working 24/7 in this place and they are earning 35k. I find it unfair and greedy...

As think dey hard you never reason am say we suppose dey get two jobs just to meet up ni

7 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by ObalendeCMS: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2022
Are you jealous he’s “smart” enough to work 2 jobs?

11 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Enskynelson(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2022
First, it is not allowed in your organization. Secondly, it could affect your job there like you said since it seems like your responsibility to report such.
These are enough reasons to speak out.

Luke 16:12
"And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2022
ObalendeCMS:
That's not being smart. That's him being rapacious, too hungry.

Even though the idea sounds smart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2022
jealous dt sumone is doing what is not fair. If she will be paid on part time, e for even better but collectiing full time is a no no

if u say jealous, den no problem. but i know it is unfair and i will stop it

He left our work because he said it will not help him and the new work will help him, so why still coming once or twice in a week and be expected to collect full time money
ObalendeCMS:

Modified: I'm currently on a long call with his head.... He is worried abt the guy and he told him to choose one... He said the work he is supposed to do is piling on his head and he can't take it again..... Apparently, the guy in question took excuse dt he is sick and dt is what the boss still think unknown to our boss, he is nt sick, he is doing two jobs...... As it is now, most staffs are aware abt it....... His head of dept told me now Dt he has told him dt if he doesn't take a decision by next week, he will have to tell our boss abt it... Bad enough, our supervisor who is a lady is aware abt it and she is the one dt usually gossip things to our boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2022
i will stop it if the head of dept doesnt stop it. rather he will be paid on the number of days he came to work. full salary definitely can never work
Olasyke:

That's not being smart. That's him being rapacious, too hungry.

Even though the idea sounds smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:

He left our work because he said it will not help him and the new work will help him, so why still coming once or twice in a week and be expected to collect full time money
Sounds like this grudge is personal?

9 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by ObalendeCMS: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:
jealous dt sumone is doing what is not fair. If she will be paid on part time, e for even better but collectiing full time is a no no

if u say jealous, den no problem. but i know it is unfair and i will stop it

It’s alright, bro. We will be okay las las
Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2022
it might affect my job bcox my boss will bliv we knew abt it yet refused to tell him while he is paying sumone for work not done
Enskynelson:
First, it is not allowed in your organization. Secondly, it could affect your job there like you said since it seems like your responsibility to report such.
These are enough reasons to speak out.

Luke 16:12
"And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?"

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2022
actually no grudge, we are fine. i swear to God but i am just being honest dt it is cheating.

true true this place no get sumtin wey person fit gain, i am looking for another job too but doing two jobs is not fair. it is not allowed here, if boss finds out, many of us will be in trouble and he may not pay our salary
Olasyke:

Sounds like this grudge is personal?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:
i will stop it if the head of dept doesnt stop it. rather he will be paid on the number of days he came to work. full salary definitely can never work
I think you should just mind your business and leave him to karma.
Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Enskynelson(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:
it might affect my job bcox my boss will bliv we knew abt it yet refused to tell him while he is paying sumone for work not done
Speak out for these reasons:
1. You are doing the right thing
2. If you don't, it could affect you
3. If you are punished eventually, u none of those people telling u to keep quiet will be there to send you money or to help u find another job.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Enskynelson(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2022
Olasyke:

I think you should just mind your business and leave him to karma.
Even when not reporting could affect him?

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:
actually no grudge, we are fine. i swear to God but i am just being honest dt it is cheating.

true true this place no get sumtin wey person fit gain, i am looking for another job too but doing two jobs is not fair. it is not allowed here, if boss finds out, many of us will be in trouble and he may not pay our salary
If you were in position and there's no one that'll snitch on you, would you work two jobs?

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 17, 2022
Enskynelson:

Even when not reporting could affect him?
If it's going to affect his work then he should report ASAP. Actions have consequences and the two job guy should face the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 11:40am On Nov 17, 2022
it is. my boss is brutal. he wunt listen to any explanation, he hate being exploited. he will accuse me of knowing and didnt tell him even with the fact dt i work with him more closely dan the others
Olasyke:

If it's going to affect his work then he should report ASAP. Actions have consequences and the two job guy should face the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2022
if i got another job with nysc allawee, if i don leave, i don leave. what is the gain when the head of the dept is bothered and he is scared because he knows dt our boss wunt settle for such dubious act
Olasyke:

If you were in position and there's no one that'll snitch on you, would you work two jobs?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Timekeeper: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2022
which challenges ? this is purely unfair. He knows dt our boss does not come to their office.. it is greediness...... what abt people dt might need this job and have greater challenge but cant because someone is greedy
Treasure17:
The guy's challenges might be more than the analysis you presented and considering the fact that the economy right now is not smiling so having multiple income is a big deal. However, I think you should let your boss do the worry and let the chips fall where they may. Peradventure he asks you about it, feign ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by SirJerrie(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2022
"No be everybody wey follow you laff mean you well..."

How exactly does his working in another company stop you from recieving your salary?

A Corper, trying to make the most from his service year.
You on the other hand showing full-blown JEALOUSY...

How does his salary affect yours exactly??

You said he comes once or twice in a week, meaning that his boss at your place of work allows it.
Meaning his presence is not even too important at your workplace.
And you've stated clearly that HIS HEAD OF DEPARTMENT DOESN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HIM THERE...

The only problem I see is you being JEALOUS that he's collecting salary for 2 places while still being paid as a Corper.
You WISH YOU WERE IN HIS SHOES!!!

And I'm sure you smile with him whenever he's around the office...

I know Corpers who teach twice a week in a school(PPA) while also working outside...
As long as your boss allows it, it's not a crime.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by gabemuyi: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2022
You talk to his dept head and make ur plans known to him
Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:

Sincerely, I think you’re exhibiting traits of witchcraft, envy & jealousy.

The economy is biting hard on everybody.

Leave that guy alone. If the Heavens & the Cosmos have decided to favor him, why must you be the one to stand as a clog in the wheel of his blessings?

Be honest, if he were to be your younger brother, would you report him to your Boss?

This is why the Hausa/Fulanis are the best of the best when it comes to me issues such as this.

THEY WILL NEVER ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE THE SOURCE OF YOUR MISFORTUNES.

I am not saying there are no evil & depraved ones amongst them, but try to gather about an 100 Hausa/Fulanis and narrate this issue to them in seeking their opinions, you will discover that at least 85 or more of them would tell you to die the matter.

One thing I have come to learn & understand in life is: Never be the bearer of bad news or the source of misfortunes to others.

You must struggle and if necessary lie and cheat to make sure that the lot of the bearer of bad news (or in this particular case - misfortunes to others) fall on someone else, and never on you. Bring only good news and good tidings and it will reflect in your life.

Take for example, some people in a section of Nigeria (you know who) who are known by everybody else to have been baptized with hatred, envy, jealousy & witchcraft right from their birth till their death - to the extent that they do not see any good in others except themselves.

Check their regions very well and juxtapose it with other regions in the Country, this is why tragedy upon tragedy and misfortune upon misfortune keep befalling them.

To buttress my point, please, take a look at all the comments on this thread, you will observe that those telling you to witch-hunt & report that guy to your Boss - are from this same section of Nigeria that I just spoke about.

Why? Because you will always or eventually become a reflection of whatever thoughts you nurture within you & harbor towards others.

You’re what you eat. You eat envy, jealousy, witchcraft and you want to appear as an Angel or Jesus? It is not possible. Your life must radiate those evil vices and become an embodiment of tragedy, calamity & misfortune.

You said it yourself that the head of his Department is aware, yet he chose to play dumb. Do you think he is stupid or crazy for keeping mum?

There is a spiritual balance in the Cosmos. If he is indeed cheating your organization, the Cosmos will see to it that he punished & laid off but NEVER LET IT COME FROM YOU.

I appeal to you, to leave that guy alone.

Modified: I have just gone over the comments in this thread once more and deduced that the @OP himself has already made up his mind to report that guy even before creating this thread.

He’s not looking for any advice or opinion, from his comments, you can see that he has already made up his mind. He’s only looking for the bandwagon that will cheer him on.

Sadly, he missed the whole point of my comment. Unless, you’re plagued by witchcraft spirit and envious or jealous of an individual (from the way you calculated the guy’s renumeration); why should the misfortune of that person comes from you?

Why? Why not from someone else?

Since the Organization in question is a Hotel, do not be surprised that the @OP himself has a lot of shady dealings going on, yet they will be the first to blow the whistle on anyone else, except themselves.

I just realized that the @OP himself is from that particular section of Nigeria that I described above and therefore, I am not surprised. Odabo!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by lereinter(m): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
It seems na the sum total of his pay be the real problem

Since the hod is not doing what's your business, just have evidence that you hod in case your boss gets to find out

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by lereinter(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:

Sey the hod don't know about this consequences
Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by jimmyolasun: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:
if i got another job with nysc allawee, if i don leave, i don leave. what is the gain when the head of the dept is bothered and he is scared because he knows dt our boss wunt settle for such dubious act

stop lieing. why head of dept go fear report him subordinate? or clearly ask him to stop. if you dey the guy shoes, you will do same.. you know say guy man don reason him superior and they align as guymen.. you are just jealous thats all i can see
Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by jimmyolasun: 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2022
lereinter:

It seems na the sum total of his pay be the real problem

Since the hod is not doing what's your business, just have evidence that you hod in case your boss gets to find out

naa the sum total dey make this one jealous.. why hod go dey fear him staff and a serving corper ? shey the guy carryb fire put for head.. OP naa just one jealous dude say guy man dey hustle everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by TechGallery: 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2022
I suspect that guy to be IT inclined, that's why he could get two jobs even as a corp member. If you report him and he's sent off from your company, don't be surprised he will resume in another company next week to replace your company. His ability to get two jobs at the same time shows that he has invested a lot in himself-he is an asset. I will just advise you to mind your business provided he does what responsibility your company gave him. Leave the reporting to his line manager.
Just like myself, I work for two different foreign companies from home here in 9ja and my jobs in those coys are not affected. I am even working on adding another one. It's all about productivity and delivery.

I will advise you to work on yourself as well so that no company will see you as a liability but an asset.

I repeat, leave that guy alone.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Treasure17(m): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2022
Timekeeper:
which challenges ? this is purely unfair. He knows dt our boss does not come to their office.. it is greediness...... what abt people dt might need this job and have greater challenge but cant because someone is greedy
It has nothing to do with greediness. The guy is simply making use of his brain to generate money. Shey if you have such opportunity, Won't you grab it? Others should fend for themselves. Nothing is fair in this life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by Thinker9(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2022
SirJerrie:
"No be everybody wey follow you laff mean you well..."

How exactly does his working in another company stop you from recieving your salary?

A Corper, trying to make the most from his service year.
You on the other hand showing full-blown JEALOUSY...

How does his salary affect yours exactly??

You said he comes once or twice in a week, meaning that his boss at your place of work allows it.
Meaning his presence is not even too important at your workplace.
And you've stated clearly that HIS HEAD OF DEPARTMENT DOESN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HIM THERE...

The only problem I see is you being JEALOUS that he's collecting salary for 2 places while still being paid as a Corper.
You WISH YOU WERE IN HIS SHOES!!!

And I'm sure you smile with him whenever he's around the office...

I know Corpers who teach twice a week in a school(PPA) while also working outside...
As long as your boss allows it, it's not a crime.

You said it all, it's envy
Am sure the person complaining is a female,then to get wahala
Re: Should I Report To My Boss? by AgentGoat: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2022
This is jealousy. I don't see how this take affect your work. I presume that guy is a medical professional.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICS Limited Calling ; 19/01/2015 / Top 20 Interview Questions And Answers / Cadet Vacancy! Cadet Vacancy!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.