Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Did The Prophet Muhammad Ever Have A Non-muslim Friend? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Prophet Muhammad Ever Have A Non-muslim Friend? (324 Views)

Death Threat From A Muslim Friend Over This Hadith / YouTube Suspends TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV Over 'Hate Speech'. The Prophet Reacts / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did The Prophet Muhammad Ever Have A Non-muslim Friend? by normaljenny(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2022
Yes, of-course.

When He was facing social boycott, there was a Meccan friend who secretly supplied the Muslims with food.

When He was pelted with stones in Taif, He had no where to go, on coming back to Mecca, He first had to ask for asylum, a non-Muslim Meccan tribal leader took Him in and told the anti Muhammad faction, he would rather have his whole tribe, his sons be killed in defending Muhammad, rather than let any one harm Muhammad.

Muhammad did not convert the entire Arabian peninsula, by making enemies. He did it by making friends.

Looking carefully the life of Muhammad, and His contemporaries, you will find a distinct pattern. The ones who opposed Muhammad were:

Tribal leaders
Wealthy merchants and slave owners
The families who served the pagan Kaba (Mecca)
Name one open enemy of Muhammad who does not fall into any one of the above categories.

The general population (small tribes, white collar people, slaves) openly or secretly welcomed Muhammad. Why? because He preached humanity and human rights. They were not interested, in monotheism because they were familiar with the concept of GOD and called onto Allah (Elohim/Elahi), after all the Arab and the Israelite are all offshoots of Abraham the prophets.

The general population was being crushed (economically) out of existence, because of elite, holding all the power and not exercising justice. The rich got richer and the poor were being enslaved. Thus the preaching of Muhammad; equality of all mankind, and being answerable to all deeds in afterlife was a hope. This hope was an upsetting factor for the rich, who foresaw a revolution at hand.

We can see this, when the tribal leader came to Muhammad’s Uncle the Father of Ali and proposed several terms

We can share power with Muhammad 50/50
One day we will worship in kaba His style, the other day we will do it like our forefathers did
We offer Him the title of king of all the Meccan tribes
We offer Him the daughters (who ever he picks) as wives
We offer Him part of the riches (festival earnings) we have from the kaba
all Muhammad has to do is to stop preaching
Now tell me, does it look like any poor person, or any common man, could have made this proposition. Does this look like a complaint from the common man. No, exactly not, this is the representation of the elite of the society, who fear the growing popularity of a no-body (Muhammad was an orphan with no wealth, raised by his uncle, who had moderate wealth).

To this the response from Muhammad was
“By Allah, in whose hand is the life of Muhammad, they can offer me all they want, they can put the sun on my right hand, and the moon on my left, but I will not turn away from the responsibility ordained on me”

As always in politics and revolutions, you make some enemies, you are only successful, if you have made more true friends, than true enemies.

Sallal Laho Alaihe Wasallam.

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Going To A Bar Just To Dance With Your Wife And Fr / Abuja-based Pastor Deployed His Spiritual Martial Arts Skills During Deliverance / Balancing The Physical And The Spiritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.