Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Steve Jobs Resigns As Apple Boss - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Steve Jobs Resigns As Apple Boss (1591 Views)

Here’s Why Steve Jobs Didn’t Let His Kids Use Ipads And Why You Shouldn’t Either / Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Quits In Tears / Entrepreneurs And Inventors: Steve Jobs (february 24 1955- October 5, 2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steve Jobs Resigns As Apple Boss by pendo89(f): 12:07am On Aug 25, 2011
I know I know it supposed to be in biz. Not sure if I posted in the right biz section though.
You are free to make the Apple romantic however.

In a shocking development out of Cupertino, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has stepped down, the board naming Tim Cook as his replacement. The company said "Steve's extraordinary vision and leadership saved Apple and guided it to its position as the world's most innovative and valuable technology company."

In a press release, the Apple founder said he believed that Apple's brightest days were still ahead of it and he hoped to continue to play a role in the company's success.

"I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come."

Apple has been inundated with complaints since the launch of the iPhone 4 six weeks ago.

Buyers said if they held the handset at the bottom left hand corner they lost reception.

Apple initially told consumers to hold the phone a different way, then blamed a software flaw.

Apple chief Steve Jobs insisted other smartphones suffered from a similar problem. But, after the company’s share price dipped dramatically last month, Mr Jobs called an emergency press conference where he said rubber handset holders, worth £16million, would be handed out free.

The antenna problems led to influential magazine Consumer Reports refusing to recommend the iPhone 4, despite scoring it higher than any other smartphone.

www.stuff.co.nz/technology/, /Apple-boss-resigns-in-wake-of-Antennagate

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Nigeria Has Commissioned A Customer Experience Centre At UNILAG / Blazing Airtel July 2016 Unlimited Browsing Cheat / Mtn Targets More Subscribers With Reloaded Vtu Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.