Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums (16404 Views)

Nigeria Premier League Teams And Their Stadiums| Cotenant.ng / Qatar Is Ready For "Qatar 2022" World Cup (Photos Of Stadiums) / Photos Of Beautiful Ladies Spotted At Russia 2018 World Cup Stadiums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by kmaster007: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
You be gay
ArinzeAnthony03:
Ok ooo, I no blame them, I blame those who gave them the right to host this tournament.
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by Ttooyy12345: 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
And one group is praising their presidential candidate for establishing acohol factory for them.
grin grin
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by Vintage100(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Sometimes I wonder the perspective of Africans to certain ideologies. Islam and christianity are referred to as religions but we Africans failed to understand that the two are the cultures and ways of life of some people. You can't separate cultures and religions. In Islam for instance you don't bow to greet a person no matter his or her calibre but among the Yorubas of Nigeria and some other tribes in Africa you have to bow to greet elders. Now if islam originated from the Yoruba ethnic group for instance, we will be seeing it in the Quran that a particular prophet or person bow to greet in one of the paragraphs of the Quran. That is why neither Christianity nor Islam is a true or the best religion but because the white and Arabs civilised more than us and that we have been made to believe that they are superior than us, we accepted their religions and languages as the best. In islam you don't enter mosque with shoe while you can do so in christianity. Does it mean the Christians who enter with shoe are stupid or don't know the right procedures to worship God?? The Arabs in their quest to conquer blacks entirely made the muslims among us to worship God in their own language, because as a muslim you cannot observe solat (muslims worship or prayer) without reciting Arabic words. Can't we worship by reciting Surat Fathia in our languages?? So if Qatar bans alcohol and homosexuality it is not a bad thing, it's because such are against their culture. Polygyny is alien to the Europeans as they detest it, you can't really blame them because it is not part of their culture. Although culture can take dynamism, but we should not see those who frown at certain alien practices as being too rigid. Many African Christians don't like polygyny, but it is part of our culture as our four fathers practised it. Many muslims who marry two or more wives would have detested polygyny if Islam is against it and many Christians would have married two or more wives if the practice is biblical.
From the foregoing, we can see the influence of foreign cultures in the name of religion on we blacks.

By Adeniji Abolaji
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by Slickest(m): 12:43am On Nov 19, 2022
HonNL:
In a late decision, the Qatari officials are saying they saw what alcohol could do at the Euros in 2020 and will not want that around the stadiums.

SOURCE
But gays can hold hands and kiss in public? The hypocrisy
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by okpanachil: 3:03am On Nov 19, 2022
LiveWithIt:
I love Qatar standing their ground, no compromise

Between Alcohol and Homosexuality, which is more morally reprobate? I ask this because I hear queer people are allowed to show affection by holding hands and kissing but alcohol is not allowed.

Or does the Arab culture now support Homosexuality?
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by okpanachil: 3:04am On Nov 19, 2022
Chenult:
Good. Islam doesn't tolerate rubbish.

Alcohol is rubbish to Islam and would not be tolerated in Qatar but Homosexuality will be entertained...sense wee nor kill you.
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by spartachico(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2022
abeg make dem carry the world cup go another country ,ewo ni gbogbo rules werey gan , you guys (Qatar) knows the deal before you paid and signed up for it ,kini gbogbo pala pala yi
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by KennethEnyi(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Then they should not bid to host the world cup if they cannot adhere to some compromises. Were they not aware that the world and football is like this before making a bid to host a global event? angry
This world cup will be very problematic.

The only reason that they decided to host the tournament was so that they would boost their tourism
Finish
These desert nomads know nothing about the game
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:09am On Nov 19, 2022
KennethEnyi:

The only reason that they decided to host the tournament was so that they would boost their tourism
Finish
These desert nomads know nothing about the game
And the funny thing is how these rules will help their tourism industry.
I look forward to the drama because I don't see how tourism will be better after this
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by gabemuyi: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2022
FREDCLSSICO7:

so after downloading the app and using the referral code they go just give me the 2k just like that

Yes and it’s obviously not forever
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by CheapHomes1: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

They should get lost. They promised not to talk about alcohol until now after people don buy tickets. What is the point of making these unnecessary rules sad

You kind of took this thing personal. Are you going to Qatar and has this directive affected you in any way?

Pls read my comment again:

"Maybe you didn't read the article. Alcohol banned around the stadium. Meaning that Alcohol drinking areas have been provided for and it does not include around the match venues".

See below screenshot. The western media have made it look like Qatar has committed genocide when in Europe such bans also exist in France and Germany.

https://www.nairaland.com/3162678/france-bans-alcohol-near-european

Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by CheapHomes1: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
DennisEche:
Arabs have no business sports festival in the magnitude of world cup.
what kind of stupid law is this

If Arabs do it, it's wrong. If Europeans do it, it is right. Am sure Scotland and France have no business with "sports festival in the magnitude of world cup."

https://www.nairaland.com/3162678/france-bans-alcohol-near-european

Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2022
gabemuyi:

Yes and it’s obviously not forever
I have just downloaded the app so what I'm gonna do next
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by sacajawea: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2022
yoilasolomon:
So alcahol no go watch the world cup be dat
Yes??
Re: Qatar 2022: Alcohol banned around stadiums by Sportwin(m): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2022
Luvinghubby:

Many people practicing Islam are hypocrites

Here in Abuja they ban alcohol sales around the Mosque but permit hard drugs like heroin, tramadol, weed, codeine and strong cigarettes. Are those ones not Haram?

Over 10,000 migrants workers building the stadiums died due to poor working conditions since Qatar was announced as host.

Hello.pls can you recommend a good honda mechanic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! / Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year / Ndidi Will Be Back For Leicester City’s League Opener Against Wolves – Rodgers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.