Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,252 members, 7,839,304 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does (46586 Views)

Reps Move To End Annual Rent Payment In Abuja / Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Help, How Much Is The Annual Rent For Ihs Tower / Is 700k Annual Rent Too Much For Someone Earning 300k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rubyjade: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
wink
OvertheTop:

A job Loss will Make you Realize that Option 1 is Better.

the Lesser the Bulk Money you pay, the lesser the Burden on your Heart.

the Transport in option 1 can be reduced by moving to Ajah
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hello guys, pls check my thread and give your input. Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/7435447/honest-user-advice-peugeot-307
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2022
Yes ooooooooooooo
Tonytonex:
for those that depends solely on salary. One should work and own a business that pays more than the salary.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
vikstandon:

That is not obtainable in our days... Unless you wan live for bush. That implies you will expend more than what in the real sense of it constitute your 3 months salary (house rent) on transport and may likely get a query at workplace.

There are factors that determine the house you should rent and amount to pay.

Take note of this instances: your monthly salary is #100,000 which constitute #1.2 million annual wage.

Instance 1:
You have an offer of a house (2 bedroom) in close proximity to workplace, church, your children's school, market, hospital etc, and with basic amenities (water, light and security) which goes for #500,000 (as rent)

Instance 2:
You have an offer of a house (3 bedroom) far from workplace, church, your children's school, market, hospital etc with/out basic amenities (water, light and security) which goes for #200,000 (as rent), but your monthly transportation is #30,000 (#360,000 annually); you are disposed to physical and psychological adverse effects of being held up in traffic, and you end up getting queries often for lateness which would cost you your job. Also bearing in mind the uneasiness of your family members accessing the institutions I have already mentioned.

Question:
Please which one will you take.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
Bunkbars:
Definitely not for those living in abuja and lagos.

I know a lady, that works as a merchandiser in Shoprite, but lives in a one bedroom flat in surulere of about 500k. Per year.

Miraculously, i guess.
Obviously
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
undecided
Awhabro16:
You talk too much....
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Tegabadguy(m): 11:52am On Nov 23, 2022
IyaTola:
My yealy rent is about 22% of my annual income. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment in Alimosho LGA, Lagos. The environment is decent and I look forward to becoming a landlord in the same area. All the other tenants knew somehow that I don't belong among them. Living below your means is possible sometimes but the pressure is high & I wasn't "really comfortable" either. All depends on you & your goals.

Nigeria will humble you..the cheap house you're looking for does not have vacancy in the location where you work, now what do you do? and even the pay for the job can't meet your needs 50%..the system is happening to all of us, that's just the truth.. how many jobs pay over 100k today
nice one
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by IyaTola: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
kiss
Tegabadguy:
nice one
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by WantsandMore: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2022
ThatsONYI:

shocked

The way, everybody's talking about Lagos is scary - and I wanna come over to there to hustle. Abuja isn't giving me what I need.
It's a habitat that requires alot of coping skills.
See it this way, if you are in Lagos and you don't have money, you be coping from "alot."
If you now have some money, the coping is drastically reduced to about 36-45% on a scale of 100%.
thus, compare and contrast, mk up your mind & enjoy your life's journey. We only live once, innit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 12:59am On Dec 05, 2022
grin
WantsandMore:

It's a habitat that requires alot of coping skills.
See it this way, if you are in Lagos and you don't have money, you be coping from "alot."
If you now have some money, the coping is drastically reduced to about 36-45% on a scale of 100%.
thus, compare and contrast, mk up your mind & enjoy your life's journey. We only live once, innit?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Lingudy(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2022
A great lesson to learn from
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by zevous: 2:48am On Dec 19, 2022
Kirchoffs:
Room and parlor , magodo

Please can I get your agent number I’m looking for a mini flat in Magodo as well

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 7:02am On Dec 28, 2022
wink
Lingudy:
A great lesson to learn from
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Hope4Naja: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2023
If your salary is 500k monthly, is 900k rent ok for two bedroom?

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2023
Hope4Naja:
If your salary is 500k monthly, is 900k rent ok for two bedroom?
Yes but start planning of building your own house
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2023
wink
Oyindamolah:
Your annual rent shouldn't exceed your two months salary. If it does, you're in the wrong apartment.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
Rinoxy:
Salary 130k
Rent 150k
Transport to work 100-140 daily(to n fro)
Location, Kaduna.

Wow! GOD is good, I just stomped on this thread and my comment.
Today salary is 226k and rent is still 150k. Also, transport to work is now 400 daily. E go better by GOD'S grace.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Oyindamolah: 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2023
Start building your house
Rinoxy:

Wow! GOD is good, I just stomped on this thread and my comment.
Today salary is 226k and rent is still 150k. Also, transport to work is now 400 daily. E go better by GOD'S grace.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Start building your house
Professor sir?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In. / A Storey Building Collapses In Badagry, Lagos, Rescue Operation Ongoing (Pics) / Please Was The Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Bugulow Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.