Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? (953 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
Daily Book Reading: Truth For The Truth Seekers P. 36– 39 By Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman
https://knowislam.com.ng/daily-book-reading-truth-for.../

THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS ARGUMENT
Christians also believe Jesus died for three days and three nights. Majority of Christians hold the belief that Jesus was on Friday, placed in the tomb before sundown Friday night, rested in the tomb on the Sabbath(Saturday) and was resurrected on Sunday morning before dawn(Matthew28:1- 5).
Jesus was emphatic one just one sign ONLY, the sign of Jonah. Jesus said "as Jonah was in the belly of the whale for three days and nights, so shall the son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth"
The reader should note that Jesus never said "THREE DAYS AND NIGHTS”, he said "THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS”.

For a benefit of the doubt, I will use the Jewish inclusive reckoning where any part of a day can be counted as a day, then part of Friday, all of Saturday and part of Sunday gives us three days not three nights. There are only two nights, Friday and Saturday night.

Since the Bible recorded that Jesus said he would be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights and calculations have shown that he never spent three days and three nights in the tomb (assuming he died), then Jesus must have lied about the three days and three nights or the error might have come from the authors of the gospels since they wrote from hearsay.

The three days is another lie likewise that of Thomas thrusting his hands in a hole in Jesus' hands. Fallacies!!!

Majority of the Christians believe that Psalm16:10 was a prophecy about Jesus predicting that Jesus' body would not decay when he is in the grave as confirmed by acts 2:27 which says,
"Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy one to see corruption"
Those who deal with dead bodies know that a body starts to decay within a very short time. That is why many dead bodies are being embalmed while awaiting those who would come to pick them up. If Jesus' body was in the grave from Friday evening till Sunday morning, it is most certain that his body would have been decaying.

A Christian might argue that ”Jesus is God so there is no way his body could have decayed". Even if Jesus were God, did he not go into the grave in a human body? Being with human body subjected him to all the problems of humanity. Hence, he could get tired and rest, hunger and eat and why he could DIE since God does not die nor hunger nor thirst. So the Christian’s argument is bashed.

However, Jesus is not God; I only agreed to disagree to refute the argument if the reader is a Christian and is trying to raise such an argument.

Since we have different denominations in Christianity and teachings differ from one another, another Christian might want to argue that God could keep Jesus' body from decay.
This is very true but this would spoil the whole plan as God's intention for Jesus was to come down to be subject to all factors that humans must endure. So, a Christian’s argument on this matter holds no water. We can only agree that Jesus didn't see corruption (Disgrace, Torture, Crucifixion) being a Holy person.

The proofs are clear that any sincere seeker of truth would not go on to believe Jesus died not to talk of dying for the sins of mankind. If Jesus was sent only to the people of Israel (Matthew 10:6, Matthew 15:24), how could he have died for the sins of humanity? If Jesus never died (given the explanations I have given), is it not an error to say Jesus died for our sins? In Job7:9, we read,
"As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more"
Since the Bible is God's word and this was revealed to the author of the book of Job, It is left to the reader to make sense of this.
Biblical figures like Enoch, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, etc found God's favor without believing Jesus came to die for their sins, are they going to go to hell?
Buy Truth For The Truth Seekers on Amazon
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by NNTR: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
NNTR:

John 19:31
It was the day of preparation, and the Jewish leaders didn’t want the bodies hanging there the next day, which was the Sabbath
(and a very special Sabbath, because it was Passover week).
So they asked Pilate to hasten their deaths by ordering that their legs be broken. Then their bodies could be taken down.

It is because Jesus was hanged on the cross by 9:00am on Thursday, died by 3:00pm same Thursday day and was buried, again, on same Thursday day before sundown. Another biblical fact worth noting is that the Jewish day begins and ends at sundown, as in, sundown, is the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades.

Going on the authority of John 19:31 above, the biblical fact, reveals that the Last Supper occurred on Wednesday, never a Thursday, and so clearly shows that Jesus Christ, in fact, was crucified on Thursday, and never a Friday.

Here's how it looks:
1. Thursday day to Thursday night:
Jesus was on the cross by 9:00am, died by 3:00pm and off the cross before sundown so Day 1
The Jewish day starts at sundown or nightfall of the previous evening, and continues throughout the night and following day, until the next night.
2. Friday morning to Friday night day:
Night 1 and Day 2
3. Saturday morning to Saturday night:
Night 2 and Day 3
4. Sunday morning:
Night 3
Resurrection morning (i.e. Jesus rosed after sundown, before sunrise of Day 4)

Remember that night, always comes before the day, and hence you have the required 3 Days and 3 Nights in the grave

cc D.truthspeaker
Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
The questions that ought to ponder over are:
1. What effect on a body and its organs would have happened if Jesus didnt resurrect before the fourth day
2. Why at birth was Jesus gifted with frankincense, and myrrh?
3. Why six days before Jesus' death were His feet and head anointed with spikenard?

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by lilvicky68(m): 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Intense effect of joblessness

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
lilvicky68:

What's your job padre?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
lilvicky68:

Intense effect of insanity.
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
NNTR:

Do you converse with mad people?
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
NNTR:
Unfortunately whoever came up with that is wrong. According to the Gospel accounts, Jesus Christ was arrested on Passover night, which is the night before the First Day of the Festival of Unleavened bread. And then we learn that Jesus Christ was interrogated and crucified on a Holy day - the reason why the Jews did not do that killing themselves since they are not allowed to do any work or torch any unholy things on God's Holy days - meaning Jesus Christ could not have been buried on the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread. Instead, He was buried the next day which was a Friday since we are told it was the day before the Sabbath. What this means is that Jesus Christ spent almost a day hanging dead on the cross. To understand this, you need to compile the four accounts of the Gospels. undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
NNTR:

The Book of Mark and John agree that Jesus died on a Friday!

You Should bring a Bible verse that clearly states he was crucified on a Thursday!

From your verse!
It was the day of preparation, and the Jewish leaders didn’t want the bodies hanging there the next day, which was the Sabbath
So they asked Pilate to hasten their deaths by ordering that their legs be broken. Then their bodies could be taken down.

Jesus was said to have died just before the Sabbath day (Saturday) which is Friday!
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
AntiChristian:

You Should bring a Bible verse that clearly states he was crucified on a Thursday!

From your verse!

Jesus was said to have died just before the Sabbath day (Saturday) which is Friday!

The statement in bold is false. Those don't say that at all. Instead, the accounts speak of his death and then jump to the day of preparation as being the day the Jewish leaders did not want the bodies to remain on the cross because the next day was a Holy day. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Unfortunately whoever came up with that is wrong. According to the Gospel accounts, Jesus Christ was arrested on Passover night, which is the night before the First Day of the Festival of Unleavened bread. And then we learn that Jesus Christ was interrogated and crucified on a Holy day - the reason why the Jews did not do that killing themselves since they are not allowed to do any work or torch any unholy things on God's Holy days - meaning Jesus Christ could not have been buried on the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread. Instead, He was buried the next day which was a Friday since we are told it was the day before the Sabbath. What this means is that Jesus Christ spent almost a day hanging dead on the cross. To understand this, you need to compile the four accounts of the Gospels. undecided

Mark and John agree that Jesus died on a Friday. In Mark, this was the Day of Passover (15 Nisan), the morning after the Passover meal of the evening before. Arrested and interrogated by Caiaphas and Pilate that night, Jesus was tried and crucified the next morning at 9 a.m. on Passover day. In John, Jesus died on the Day of Preparation (14 Nisan), the day before the Passover meal, sometime after noon but before sunset later that evening. According to Josephus, this would have been "from the ninth hour till the eleventh" (3 p.m. to 5 p.m.) (The Jewish War, VI.9.3). Having had a last supper the night before, Jesus does not partake of the Passover meal but is sentenced and crucified while it still was being prepared.

In John, Passover day fell on a Saturday, thereby coinciding with the weekly Sabbath. "That sabbath day was an high day" (19:31), in which the two festivals were celebrated on the same day, and Friday was the Day of Preparation for them both. The death of Jesus on the Day of Preparation then would be at the same time that the lambs were being prepared for the Passover feast later that evening, at the beginning of Passover Day. Jesus himself has become the sacrificial lamb or, in the words of John the Baptist, "the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29, 36), dying at the same time as the paschal lambs were being ritually slaughtered in the Temples prefigured by I Corinthians...

And, "because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day" (John 19:31), Jesus has to die before sunset before the beginning of the Sabbath, when capital punishment was prohibited by Jewish law, as were decisions regarding criminal cases being made at night (Sanhedrin, Mishnah IV.1; cf. Deuteronomy 21:23, "His body shall not remain all night upon the tree"wink. In the synoptic Gospels, Jesus does die on Passover, a Sabbath day. This is why John alone speaks of the legs of the two thieves being broken so that they not remain alive on the cross (cf. Cicero, Philippics, XIII.27, "it is quite impossible for him to die unless his legs are broken," a proverbial remark said of Titus Plancus, whose shifting political alliances allowed him to survive; for him, even though "They are broken, and still he lives"wink. Unable to lift themselves to breathe, suffocation would come all the more readily and death hastened before the start of the Sabbath (and Passover) that evening, only hours later. The legs of Jesus no doubt would have been broken as well, had he not already died ...
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The statement in bold is false. Those don't say that at all. Instead, the accounts speak of his death and then jump to the day of preparation as being the day the Jewish leaders did not want the bodies to remain on the cross because the next day was a Holy day. undecided

So which text says he was on the cross for a whole day from Thursday to Friday?
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
AntiChristian:
You are given more than enough clues to help you realize this fact in the 4 accounts told of what happened. undecided

I suggest you maybe spent some time reading and comprehending the poem about the six blind men and the elephant to help you maybe understand how to reason what is written there out. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are given more than enough clues to help you realize this fact in the 4 accounts told of what happened. undecided

I suggest you maybe spent some time reading and comprehending the poem about the six blind men and the elephant to help you maybe understand how to reason what is written there out. undecided

I think you should find time to open your eyes and read to comprehend the response earlier!

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
AntiChristian:
I think you should find time to open your eyes and read to comprehend the response earlier!
Your response is filled with many illogical conclusions on your part that it is a waste of my time for me to respond to it. undecided

Again, I suggest you maybe spend some time reading and comprehending the poem about the six blind men and the elephant to help you maybe understand how to reason the accounts of all of the Gospels out. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your response is filled with many illogical conclusions on your part that it is a waste of my time for me to respond to it. undecided

Again, I suggest you maybe spend some time reading and comprehending the poem about the six blind men and the elephant to help you maybe understand how to reason what is written there out. undecided

Then if it is a waste of time then i think you really need help!

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
AntiChristian:
Then if it is a waste of time then i think you really need help!
OK
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by TenQ: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
Statement of Objection of Antichristian:
Jesus did not spend three days and three nights in the grave.

Even though NNTR gave an excellent response to his objection from the site of Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman, Antichristian went on with further arguments.

1. Book of Mark and John agreed its a Friday!
Response:
There is no word called Friday in any of the gospels.
Mark mentioned "the day before the Sabbath"
John also mentioned that He was buried on the day of preparation as Sabbath drew on.

Unfortunately for Antichristian, the Jews had more than one kind of Sabbath.
a. Weekly Sabbath
b. Annual Sabbath
c. Seven Year Sabbath
d. Seventy Year Sabbath

There are actually seven kinds of Annual Sabbath that the Children of Israel celebrate. All thse are called HIGH SABBATH (Special Sabbath)
(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Sabbaths

Examples apart from the Seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) :
i. Passover (the 14th of Nisan)
ii. Feast of Unleavened Bread, a holiday which is always observed on the 15th day of the month of Nisan
iii. Feast of First Fruits which was held on the Sunday following the Passover.
iv. Feast of Tabernacles

The day of Preparation is any day before a Sabbath.

Vadict:
Mark and John specified that Jesus was crucified on the day of Preparation (before Sabbath without specifying the kind of Sabbath).

John specified that the Sabbath was on a High Day (high Sabbath). This Sabbath was NOT the Weekly Sabbath but the Annual Sabbath. Jesus was crucified a day before the Annual Sabbath (Day of Preparation)

2. Jesus was said to have died just before Sabbath day (Saturday) which is Friday!

Response:
As explained above, the Day of Preparation was a Day before the High Sabbath NOT the Weekly Sabbath.

The High Sabbath Fell on a Friday (Thursday evening to Friday according to Jewish reconning of days), thus Jesus was crucified on a Thursday Morning and was buried before Thursday Evening.

3. High Sabbath is the day two festivals were celebrated on a single day.

Response:
No sir. A high Sabbath is ANY of the seven Annual Sabbaths of Israel even though, sometimes it falls on a weekly Sabbath

See Attachments!

4. It was impossible for Jesus to die of his two legs were not broken.
Response:
I laugh in Swahili and Turkish language.

A. Jesus said:
John 10:17-18:
"Therefore does my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

In other words, Jesus gave up his spirit when He knew the Atonement it was completed.

Luk 23:46:
"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into your hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

B. Have you ever heard that two men were fighting and one slumped and died even when no weapon was used?
Time of use and the nature instrument of punishment does not determine how fast a person would die from his injury.
C. Jesus was Arrested on Wednesday night and tried overnight till Thursday morning in three different locations before being crucified about 9:00 am Thursday morning. He didn't rest throughout the night before he was crucified. This was probably why he couldn't carry his cross and this had to be helped by Joseph of Arimathea

FINALLY:
Why do you think the Women came to anoint the Body of Jesus on Sunday and not Thursday, Friday or Saturday?

Jesus was buried just before the high Sabbath on Thursday Evening therefore there was tp time to anoint his dead body properly for his burial. The High Sabbath commenced from the evening of Thursday to the Evening of Friday (according to the Jews reconning of days).

Therefore, Jesus body could not be anointed properly for burial. By Friday evening, the Weekly Sabbath commenced till Saturday evening so, the body still couldn't be anointed. Thus, very early Sunday morning, the women went to anoint the body of Jesus.

Mar 16:1-2:
"And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came to the sepulcher at the rising of the sun."

So Brother Antichristian:
Now that I've answered your Objections, can you FIRST answer the Questions below before continuing?

Two Questions
1. Can you give a logical reason why the Disciples of Jesus had to fabricate an elaborate lie that their Lord was crucified (NAKED), beaten and died on the cross if ot is untrue?

2. From Islamic teachings,
It is understandable if Allah Deceived the Jews and the Romans. Can you as a Muslim please explain the logical reason why Allah Deceived ALSO Mary the Mother of Jesus, all Jesus Disciples, Jesus's Family (brothers and sisters) and all followers and friends of Jesus?

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by NNTR: 4:32am On Nov 20, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Do you converse with mad people?
1 Corinthians 9:22
'To the weak I became [as the] weak, to win the weak.
I have become all things to all men,
so that I may by all means [in any and every way] save some [by leading them to faith in Jesus Christ].
'

If you're on a mad thread, even if you are not mad, at least pretend that you are mad, so to engage mad poster(s) in conversations, that will reveal the inner workings of their mind(s) and the from that, find common ground(s), doing everything possibly able to, so that by all means, the good message, the gospel, becomes more clearly seen, appreciated and valued

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by NNTR: 4:32am On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Unfortunately whoever came up with that is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFTLvkB3JLM

Not surprised, as I expected to see you to say exactly just that.

Kobojunkie:
According to the Gospel accounts, Jesus Christ was arrested on Passover night, which is the night before the First Day of the Festival of Unleavened bread.
Thank you very much for corroborating what I shared about Jesus being arrested in the garden and taken for interrogation, after having the last supper, in the upper room in company of His disciples, at sundown on Thursday.

Remember from the Genesis 1:5 precedent, that in having a Day, night or sundown, comes, before day or sunrise

Kobojunkie:
And then we learn that Jesus Christ was interrogated and crucified on a Holy day - the reason why the Jews did not do that killing themselves since they are not allowed to do any work or torch any unholy things on God's Holy days - meaning Jesus Christ could not have been buried on the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread. Instead, He was buried the next day which was a Friday since we are told it was the day before the Sabbath.
Leviticus 23:1-6
'1The LORD said to Moses,
2“Give the following instructions to the people of Israel.
These are the LORD’s appointed festivals, which you are to proclaim as official days for holy assembly.
3“You have six days each week for your ordinary work,
but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of complete rest, an official day for holy assembly.
It is the LORD’s Sabbath day, and it must be observed wherever you live.
4“In addition to the Sabbath, these are the LORD’s appointed festivals,
the official days for holy assembly that are to be celebrated at their proper times each year.
5“The LORD’s Passover begins at sundown on the fourteenth day of the first month.
6On the next day, the fifteenth day of the month, you must begin celebrating the Festival of Unleavened Bread.
This festival to the LORD continues for seven days, and during that time the bread you eat must be made without yeast.
7On the first day of the festival, all the people must stop their ordinary work and observe an official day for holy assembly.
8For seven days you must present special gifts to the LORD.
On the seventh day the people must again stop all their ordinary work to observe an official day for holy assembly.”
'

No, Jesus never was buried on Friday, rather He was buried on Thursday, simply because that particular Friday back then, was a High Sabbath Day (i.e. Leviticus 23:6-7 above, as an Israelite you arent allowed to work on that Friday day)

Kobojunkie:
What this means is that Jesus Christ spent almost a day hanging dead on the cross. To understand this, you need to compile the four accounts of the Gospels. undecided
Ezekiel 20:10 -12
'10So I made them leave the land of Egypt and brought them into the wilderness.
11I gave them My statutes and explained My ordinances to them, which, if a man keeps, he will live.
12Also I gave them My Sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them,
that they might know [without any doubt] that I am the LORD who sanctifies them
(separates and sets them apart).
'

Another thank you very much for corroborating what I shared that Jesus Christ spent almost all time of the day between sunrise and sunset (i.e. daytime) on Thursday, hanging dead on the cross.

To understand what day of the week this is, you need to for example out of may other similar, go look properly at Leviticus 23:1-6 and Ezekiel 20:12, then, from there after, get to grips with, which of the many annual days, aside the weekly sabbath (i.e. last day of week sabbath), are days, of no work or are days, not allowed to do any work or touch any unholy things

Matthew 28:1
'And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn,
toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,
'

Mark 16:2
'and early in the morning of the first of the sabbaths,
they come unto the sepulchre, at the rising of the sun
'

Luke 24:1
'And on the first of the sabbaths, at early dawn,
they came to the tomb, bearing the spices they made ready, and certain others with them
'

John 20:1
'And on the first of the sabbaths,
Mary the Magdalene doth come early (there being yet darkness) to the tomb,
and she seeth the stone having been taken away out of the tomb,
'

John 20:19
'It being, therefore, evening, on that day, the first of the sabbaths,
and the doors having been shut where the disciples were assembled, through fear of the Jews,
Jesus came and stood in the midst, and saith to them,
'Peace to you;'
'

With seeing and reading Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, John 20:1 and John 20:19, (i.e. a four accounts of the Gospels) up there, is it beginning to sink in, are you getting now?

With the above preceded all four gospel accounts in mind, do the maths, to find out that, since the weekly Sabbaths are 7 days apart and Jesus was in the tomb 3 days and 3 nights, then second Sabbath must be the first day of Unleavened Bread, just as earlier pointed out, then next, Jesus' resurrection occurred on Sunday, after the same Sabbaths, of the first day of Unleavened Bread and the Saturday weekly Sabbath.

AntiChristian:

From your verse!

I already did shared the Bible verse that clearly states that Jesus, upon dying on the cross, subsequently, after 3pm, was buried on Thursday.

As you being a muslim, I appreciate and empathise with you not understanding the implication and meaning of Exodus 12:6

Kobojunkie:

AntiChristian:
Matthew 12:40
'for just as JONAH WAS THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE BELLY OF THE SEA MONSTER,
so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
'

It was the day of preparation,
and the Jewish leaders didn’t want the bodies hanging there the next day, which was the Sabbath
So they asked Pilate to hasten their deaths by ordering that their legs be broken.
Then their bodies could be taken down.

It is because Jesus was hanged on the cross by 9:00am on Thursday, died by 3:00pm same Thursday day and was buried, again, on same Thursday day before sundown. Another biblical fact worth noting is that the Jewish day begins and ends at sundown, as in, sundown, is the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades.

Going on the authority of John 19:31 above, the biblical fact, reveals that the Last Supper occurred on Wednesday, never a Thursday, and so clearly shows that Jesus Christ, in fact, was crucified on Thursday, and never a Friday.

Here's how it looks:
1. Thursday day to Thursday night:
Jesus was on the cross by 9:00am, died by 3:00pm and off the cross before sundown so Day 1
The Jewish day starts at sundown or nightfall of the previous evening, and continues throughout the night and following day, until the next night.
2. Friday morning to Friday night day:
Night 1 and Day 2
3. Saturday morning to Saturday night:
Night 2 and Day 3
4. Sunday morning:
Night 3
Resurrection morning (i.e. Jesus rosed after sundown, before sunrise of Day 4)

Remember that night, always comes before the day, and hence you have the required 3 Days and 3 Nights in the grave

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Nov 20, 2022
NNTR:
No, Jesus never was buried on Friday, rather He was buried on Thursday, simply because that particular Friday back then, was a High Sabbath Day (i.e. Leviticus 23:6-7 above, as an Israelite you arent allowed to work on that Friday day)
This claim makes no sense at all. undecided

The Passage you quoted from Leviticus 23 clearly tells you that the day after Passover, the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread is the Holy day and the people are to do no work and are to have a holy assembly instead. So, if Thursday, the day after Passover, the day that Jesus Christ was killed on the cross, was the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread, a Holy day by God's command, how then could the day after the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread, a Friday also be a holy day when God never commanded it be so? undecided

We read from the Gospel accounts that the Jewish leaders refused to go into Pilate's palace for fear that they would be made unclean, causing Pilate to come out to them instead. The Jewish leaders also couldn't command Jesus Christ to be stoned to death because the day was a Jewish holy day in which no work was allowed. The people knew this well. So how does it then make sense to you to say that the same Jews demanded Jesus Christ be buried on the same day knowing full well that anyone among them who did so would be made unclean - Numbers 19 vs 11 - 13 - this one God's Holy day? undecided

Why would the Jews do that which is unholy and at the same time do work - bury a dead man - on a day that God commanded that they were instead to treat as a Holy day? undecided

To this day, the Jewish people do not bury or handle their dead on any of God's Holy days. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

The one who you are engaging doesn't not comprehended. That skill in him is below par. He will go round and round and tire you out.

Leave your message and move on.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2022
NNTR:
1 Corinthians 9:22
'To the weak I became [as the] weak, to win the weak.
I have become all things to all men,
so that I may by all means [in any and every way] save some [by leading them to faith in Jesus Christ].
'

If you're a mad thread, even if you are not mad, at least pretend that you are mad, so to engage mad poster(s) in conversations, that will reveal the inner workings of their mind(s) and the from that, find common ground(s), doing everything possibly able to, so that by all means, the good message, the gospel, becomes more clearly seen, appreciated and value.

You did not understand Paul. He did not say pretend, he meant "stoop or bring down yourself to the level of your audience".

I do not think that Paul would have counseled stooping to the level of madness and neither did we see him deal with mad people.

Most especially those who are rejected of God and have no part in Him, which is why we see this people rail against Him for they know they are finished, therefore they are mad with the pain of their loss and self destruction.

And therefore like God rejected Saul and he became envious of David because God loved David and chose him, so are they hatefully and madfully jealous of Christians and therefore like their father Satan, they want to destroy those who do not know that Christ means life and therefore they are here here like their cousins, cousins, atheists, by standing in The Way to prevent and stop and divert people from going towards Christ, so that they can die as they have died!

So, they are here as prophecied, to lay blasphemies to block people from going to Life!

That is what is going on!
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by NNTR: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This claim makes no sense at all. undecided
It won't make sense to someone like you who doesnt appreciate that Passover 2023 will begin in the evening of Wednesday, 5 April and ends in the evening of Thursday, 13 April

Kobojunkie:
The Passage you quoted from Leviticus 23 clearly tells you that the day after Passover, the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread is the Holy day and the people are to do no work and are to have a holy assembly instead. So, if Thursday, the day after Passover, the day that Jesus Christ was killed on the cross, was the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread, a Holy day by God's command, how then could the day after the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread, a Friday also be a holy day when God never commanded it be so? undecided
Re-read John 19:31 properly to see that, the burial on Thursday was followed by a double Sabbath, meaning, the High Sabbath one, on Friday (i.e. First day of the festival of Unleavened bread) and the weekly Sabbath one on Saturday.

Kobojunkie:
We read from the Gospel accounts that the Jewish leaders refused to go into Pilate's palace for fear that they would be made unclean, causing Pilate to come out to them instead. The Jewish leaders also couldn't command Jesus Christ to be stoned to death because the day was a Jewish holy day in which no work was allowed. The people knew this well. So how does it then make sense to you to say that the same Jews demanded Jesus Christ be buried on the same day knowing full well that anyone among them who did so would be made unclean - Numbers 19 vs 11 - 13 - this one God's Holy day? undecided

Why would the Jews do that which is unholy and at the same time do work - bury a dead man - on a day that God commanded that they were instead to treat as a Holy day? undecided

To this day, the Jewish people do not bury or handle their dead on any of God's Holy days. undecided
Yes, it is because Jesus died on the cross on Thursday, while the following Friday was going to be a holy day (i.e. High Sabbath) and because the day after Friday, was going to be Saturday, the weekly Sabbath, so why they were hushing up the bring His body down before sundown on Friday (i.e. when a new day starts, because as you know, Jewish day, begins at sundown, the evening precedes morning, to give a full day)

Go find out to see that Passover 2023, will begin in the evening of Wednesday, 5 April and ends in the evening of Thursday, 13 April

cc AntiChristian, TenQ

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by NNTR: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
You did not understand Paul.
I understand Paul more than you currently understand Paul

Dtruthspeaker:
He did not say pretend, he meant "stoop or bring down yourself to the level of your audience".
Whats wrong in coming down to the level of your audience?
Whats wrong in speaking the language of your audience?
Whats wrong in using madness to drive out madness, if thats what it'll come down to. Hmm?

Dtruthspeaker:
I do not think that Paul would have counseled stooping to the level of madness and neither did we see him deal with mad people.
If there's a method in the madness, why would Paul not have counselled stooping to the level of madness.

Is it everything you didnt see Apostle Paul do that you dont either do?

Dtruthspeaker:
Most especially those who are rejected of God and have no part in Him, which is why we see this people rail against Him for they know they are finished, therefore they are mad with the pain of their loss and self destruction.

And therefore like God rejected Saul and he became envious of David because God loved David and chose him, so are they hatefully and madfully jealous of Christians and therefore like their father Satan, they want to destroy those who do not know that Christ means life and therefore they are here here like their cousins, cousins, atheists, by standing in The Way to prevent and stop and divert people from going towards Christ, so that they can die as they have died!

So, they are here as prophecied, to lay blasphemies to block people from going to Life!

That is what is going on!
John 16:8
'And He, when He comes,
will convict the world about [the guilt of] sin [and the need for a Savior],
and about righteousness, and about judgment:
'

Playing altogether in one, the roles of judge, jury and executioner, are you then?

It is the Holy Spirit, is who convicts, what's our area of tasks are, is to find and/or uncover evidences

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
NNTR:
It won't make sense to someone like you who doesnt appreciate that Passover 2023 will begin in the evening of Wednesday, 5 April and ends in the evening of Thursday, 13 April

Re-read John 19:31 properly to see that, the burial on Thursday was followed by a double Sabbath, meaning, the High Sabbath one, on Friday (i.e. First day of the festival of Unleavened bread) and the weekly Sabbath one on Saturday.
Again with the nonsensical! undecided

Wednesday, Passover - Jesus Christ was arrested
Thursday , First day of festival of Unleavened bread, a Holy day- Jesus was tried and executed on the cross
Friday - Jesus Christ was buried

Jesus was arrested on the evening of passover - Wednesday night, tried and executed on the First day of the festival or Unleavened bread - Thursday, the day after passover night, a day declared Holy by God. So who made the Friday after Thursday your "high Sabbath" day? On what grounds was that friday also declared a Holy day and by whom? undecided

This time, before you respond, carefully think to digest what is in fact written so you don't get again, in your bid to win at all cost , repeat the ridiculous which has been pointed out several times now. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by NNTR: 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again with the nonsensical! undecided
What is nonsensical and what is not nonsensical, is a matter of perspective

Kobojunkie:
Jesus was arrested on the evening of passover - Wednesday night, tried and executed on the First day of the festival or Unleavened bread - Thursday, the day after passover night, a day declared Holy by God. So who made the Friday after Thursday your "high Sabbath" day? On what grounds was that friday also declared a Holy day and by whom? undecided

Leviticus 23:6-8
'6The Feast of Unleavened Bread to the LORD is on the fifteenth day of the same month; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread.
7On the first day you shall have a holy convocation (calling together); you shall not do any laborious work [on that day].
8But you shall present an offering by fire to the LORD for seven days; on the seventh day there shall be a holy convocation; you shall not do any laborious work [on that day].’”
'

You must be blind as a bat, have a very bad eyesight or you simply are dyslexic

The passover began after the 14th day, of Thursday, not a Wednesday, then on Friday, the 15th, is when is the Feast of Unleavened Bread began. Jesus gave up the ghost on Thursday, and was taken down before sundown for burial, solely because next day Friday, was going to be a High Sabbath

It is Leviticus 23:6-7 who made Friday, after the passover Thursday, a High Sabbath (i.e. distinct from the weekly Saturday Sabbath)

Now, please list here what significant event, historically happened on the Passover day (i.e. what was being re-enacted symbolically and in reality too by the death of Jesus

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
NNTR:
What is nonsensical and what is not nonsensical, is a matter of perspective

Leviticus 23:6--8
'6The Feast of Unleavened Bread to the LORD is on the fifteenth day of the same month; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread.
7On the first day you shall have a holy convocation (calling together); you shall not do any laborious work [on that day].
8But you shall present an offering by fire to the LORD for seven days; on the seventh day there shall be a holy convocation; you shall not do any laborious work [on that day].’”
'

You must be blind as a bat, have a very bad eyesight or you simply are dyslexic

The passover 14th day falls on a Thursday, not a Wednesday, then on the Friday the 15th is the Feast of Unleavened Bread
It is Leviticus 23:6-7 who made Friday after the passover Thursday a High Sabbath (i.e. distinct from the weekly Saturday Sabbath)
LOL... I see, you are simply here to spew what you have been fed by the doctrines of men, and not that which you have actually researched of your own. undecided

■ Passover is more an evening/night event, not a whole day event- Exodus 12.. The evening Jesus Christ spent with His disciples in the garden of Gethsemane was the evening of Passover.

■ According to Gospel accounts, Jesus Christ was arrested the night of passover, and was questioned that very same night by the Jewish leaders. And by the time the cock crowed the next morning when Peter betrayed Him, Jesus Christ was still alive, meaning Jesus Christ was not tried and killed on Passover day.

■ According to God, in even Exodus 12, the day after Passover, is the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread, a Holy day. And according to Gospel accounts, Jesus Christ was tried by Pilate and crucified the day after Passover which as commanded by God was also the First day of of Festival of Unleavened bread, a Holiday.

■ On Holy days, we learn from the Law that Jews are not allowed to do any work, or touch the dead as that would make them unclean on God's Holy day. Meaning that though Jesus Christ died on a Holy day, Jews were barred by God from touching Him let alone burying Him on that day , and so it couldn't have been the case that Jesus Christ was buried on the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread, the same day He was reported to have died on the cross .

■Records have it that Jesus Christ was buried instead on preparation which happens to be the day before Sabbath day and itself not a Holy day given that the Jewish leaders are written to have approached Pilate on that day, something they refused to do on the day before which was a Holy day. In addition, Jews not only took down the body of Jesus Christ on that day, prepared and buried it on that same day leading leading the conclusion that the day he was buried was indeed not a Holy day for the jews.

If you put all of this together, that which is in fact written in scripture, you have that Jesus Christ was captured on Wednesday night, tried and crucified on Thursday, buried on Friday, the day before the Sabbath day, and rose on Sunday, the day after the Sabbath day- He was dead for 3 days. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by AntiChristian: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
NNTR:

Yes, it is because Jesus died on the cross on Thursday, while the following Friday was going to be a holy day (i.e. High Sabbath) and because the day after Friday, was going to be Saturday, the weekly Sabbath, so why they were hushing up the bring His body down before sundown on Friday (i.e. when a new day starts, because as you know, Jewish day, begins at sundown, the evening precedes morning, to give a full day)

Go find out to see that Passover 2023, will begin in the evening of Wednesday, 5 April and ends in the evening of Thursday, 13 April

cc AntiChristian, TenQ

Abeg no dey tag me to falsified stories jáwé!
Everyone just get his own story all derived from the Bible!
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by NNTR: 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
LOL... I see, you are simply here to spew what you have been fed by the doctrines of men, and not that which you have actually researched of your own. undecided

■ Passover is more an evening/night event, not a whole day event- Exodus 12.. The evening Jesus Christ spent with His disciples in the garden of Gethsemane was the evening of Passover.

■ According to Gospel accounts, Jesus Christ was arrested the night of passover, and was questioned that very same night by the Jewish leaders. And by the time the cock crowed the next morning when Peter betrayed Him, Jesus Christ was still alive, meaning Jesus Christ was not tried and killed on Passover day.

■ According to God, in even Exodus 12, the day after Passover, is the First day of the Festival of Unleavened bread, a Holy day. And according to Gospel accounts, Jesus Christ was tried by Pilate and crucified the day after Passover which as commanded by God was also the First day of of Festival of Unleavened bread, a Holiday.

■ On Holy days, we learn from the Law that Jews are not allowed to do any work, or touch the dead as that would make them unclean on God's Holy day. Meaning that though Jesus Christ died on a Holy day, Jews were barred by God from touching Him let alone burying Him on that day , and so it couldn't have been the case that Jesus Christ was buried on the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread, the same day He was reported to have died on the cross .

■Records have it that Jesus Christ was buried instead on preparation which happens to be the day before Sabbath day and itself not a Holy day given that the Jewish leaders are written to have approached Pilate on that day, something they refused to do on the day before which was a Holy day. In addition, Jews not only took down the body of Jesus Christ on that day, prepared and buried it on that same day leading leading the conclusion that the day he was buried was indeed not a Holy day for the jews.

If you put all of this together, that which is in fact written in scripture, you have that Jesus Christ was captured on Wednesday night, tried and crucified on Thursday, buried on Friday, the day before the Sabbath day, and rose on Sunday, the day after the Sabbath day- He was dead for 3 days. undecided
Exodus 12:5-6
5Your lamb must be perfect, a male, one year old;
you may take it from the sheep or from the goats.
6You must care for it until the fourteenth day of this month,
and then the whole community of Israel will kill it around sundown

Mark 15:42-44
42Now it was already evening. Since it was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath),
43Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent Council member who himself was waiting for the kingdom of God, boldly went to Pilate to ask for the body of Jesus.
44Pilate was surprised to hear that Jesus was already dead, so he summoned the centurion to ask if this was so.

1. If Jesus according to you, Jesus was buried on Friday, then please highlight how getting buried on Friday and resurrecting on Sunday, equates to three days and three night
2. What comes first in a typical Jewish day, is it the night time (i.e. sundown) that comes first or it is the daytime (i.e. sunrise) that comes first?
3. Since you claim that Jesus was crucified on Thursday, buried on Friday, the day before the Sabbath day, and rose on Sunday, the day after the Sabbath day, please tell whether or not, a request was made for Jesus to be buried on the same day He died or not?
4. What is the total number of sabbath(s) that occurred between Jesus' death and resurrection?
5. If as you claim Jesus was buried on Friday, doesnt from then to resurrection on Sun, equate to 72 hours (i.e. 3 days and 3 nights)

Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
NNTR:
Exodus 12:5-6
5Your lamb must be perfect, a male, one year old;
you may take it from the sheep or from the goats.
6You must care for it until the fourteenth day of this month,
and then the whole community of Israel will kill it around sundown

Mark 15:42-44
42Now it was already evening. Since it was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath),
43Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent Council member who himself was waiting for the kingdom of God, boldly went to Pilate to ask for the body of Jesus.
44Pilate was surprised to hear that Jesus was already dead, so he summoned the centurion to ask if this was so.

1. If Jesus according to you, Jesus was buried on Friday, then please highlight how getting buried on Friday and resurrecting on Sunday, equates to three days and three night
2. What comes first in a typical Jewish day, is it the night time (i.e. sundown) that comes first or it is the daytime (i.e. sunrise) that comes first?
3. Since you claim that Jesus was crucified on Thursday, buried on Friday, the day before the Sabbath day, and rose on Sunday, the day after the Sabbath day, please tell whether or not, a request was made for Jesus to be buried on the same day He died or not?
4. What is the total number of sabbath(s) that occurred between Jesus' death and resurrection?

5. If as you claim Jesus was buried on Friday, doesnt from then to resurrection on Sun, equate to 72 hours (i.e. 3 days and 3 nights)
1. He died aka was in the grave, the place of death on Thursday at 3pm. His body was what was moved to a tomb of Friday but He, Jesus Christ, died the day before. undecided

If His body had remained on the cross from that Thursday to the Sunday, He would still have been dead for 3 days. lipsrsealed

2. That question makes no sense. undecided

A day consists of a morning and a night, just as God declared it so in Genesis. undecided

3. The account clearly states that the request for his burial came from the Jews to Pilate on preparation day, the day before the Sabbath day, which couldn't have been the day he is recorded to have died. undecided

4. According to scriptural accounts, only 2 Holy days - the First day of the festival of Unleavened bread, which is always the day after Passover evening, and the Sabbath which is observed every seventh day of the week. undecided

5. I don't understand the fixation with the burial since Jesus Christ instead prophesied that He would die and rise from the dead on the 3rd day, not that He would be buried in a tomb, then exumed on the 3rd day. undecided

Again, if the jews had refused to move his dead body to a tomb, Jesus Christ would still have risen, not from a tomb, after three days.. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Really Died For Three Days And Three Nights ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2022
So if you believe John 19:13-16. Jesus died noon on the preparation day before Passover:

13 When Pilate heard this, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judge’s seat at a place known as the Stone Pavement (which in Aramaic is Gabbatha). 14 It was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about noon.

“Here is your king,” Pilate said to the Jews.

15 But they shouted, “Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!”

“Shall I crucify your king?” Pilate asked.

“We have no king but Caesar,” the chief priests answered.

16 Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified.

If you believe Mark 14:12-18 Jesus ate the Passover meal and was arrested the next day.

12 On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, when it was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus’ disciples asked him, “Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?”

13 So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him. 14 Say to the owner of the house he enters, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 15 He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there.”

16 The disciples left, went into the city and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

17 When evening came, Jesus arrived with the Twelve. 18 While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me.”

Which story is true and which is a lie? He either was alive to eat Passover or he was already dead and in the tomb. Which is true; which is a lie?

(1) (2) (Reply)

That Flaw In Christianity... / Why Was Christ Referred To As Lucifer In The Latin Bible? / Jesus' Transfiguration - On Which Mountian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.