Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,296 members, 7,857,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison (36061 Views)

Theranos Founder Elizabeth Holmes Convicted Of Fraud / Fraud Trial Of Theranos Founder Elizabeth Holmes Opens In California / Okechukwu Desmond Amadi Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by CalabarPikin: 6:42am On Nov 19, 2022
See how person the waka freely dey go court to hear her judgement
In my beloved country, them for don rap you with chain like one already sentenced criminal
Who do us

2 Likes

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by KingLennon(m): 6:43am On Nov 19, 2022
Freedom is a gift. Once you are caged, you will understand. Just avoid anything that will get you locked up for years.

It's retardation!

5 Likes

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by talk2hb1(m): 6:43am On Nov 19, 2022
Discountsempai:

It is what their law allows. If people want it changed...they can write to their local senator to get the laws changed.
Okay Noted
Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Discountsempai: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2022
Disclaimer12:
Am I the only one who doesn't know her and do not give a F about her nor her imprisonment? Anyways we all have been living like prisoners in Nigeria and a time like this call for sober reflection while channeling your anger to the polling booth! It's time for us to jettison the status quo and vote irrespective of religion or tribe ! Let's get it right this time ! Do help us God

Discuss politics in the politics section, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:43am On Nov 19, 2022
If it was a Nigerian how e for be?
Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by NinjaXmetahuman: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2022
Hehehehehe same as hush puppy

The woman's story is part of the biggest scam in modern history.

I could remember when she first came into lime light with her "revolutionary invention" and every media organization painting her as the new Steve jobs.

Alas, it was all scam. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Doyou2019: 6:44am On Nov 19, 2022
Hospitals, even government ones, kill patients every day in Nigeria. How many ever get a sentence like this one

Medical fraud na like normal sturvs over here.in a society that is terribly worked.

5 Likes

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by ObaKlaz: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2022
Wearing Turtleneck up and down then, 'forming' female Steve Jobs. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Daneguakhi(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2022
HardMirror:
that lady is dangerous she would do anything to manipulate people. She got pregnant so she would get sympathy

you get ba...smartass babe + white privilege, i think

5 Likes

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by omoyankee3(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2022
I remember seeing her picture on the front page of Fortune magazine some years ago. I thought to myself... so this young woman is already a billionaire and I've not made my 1st million dolls, I must double ma hustle.

6 Likes

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Flamemignon1(m): 6:47am On Nov 19, 2022
This is kinda like old news
Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by WantsandMore: 6:50am On Nov 19, 2022
This lady & hush puppy should share a bunk or sth.

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Moh247: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2022

US scammers be stealing huge money 9 freaking billion in valuation

Kilode

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by mu2sa2: 6:53am On Nov 19, 2022
kambili999:
Jeez. Wonder whT people gain cheating other people. Contentment is a virtue. If you are contented, you don't know what God has done for you
You're right. To have peace of mind, you need contentment. If you lack contentment, you're a goner.

2 Likes

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Laturuturu: 6:55am On Nov 19, 2022
Mynd44:
https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/11/18/elizabeth-holmes-sentenced-to-more-than-11-years-in-prison

9 billion fruad get 11 years
Huspupi million dollar own still 11 years
It's unfair
Hush should get 6 years only

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by icemania: 6:57am On Nov 19, 2022
Mynd44:
https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/11/18/elizabeth-holmes-sentenced-to-more-than-11-years-in-prison

This American legal system no balance rara!

Abeg how much Huspuppi theif? them give 11 years, this winch defrauded people to the tune of 9 freaking billion dollars and na the same 11 years she get.

I no go talk say the color of person skin dey influence tinz.

Assalamu Alaikum!

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by brandsoncharlie: 6:57am On Nov 19, 2022
sukkot:
shocked SHE GOT THE SAME TIME AS HUSHPUPPY
That’s the maximum time in prison for such fraud cases.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by CheapHomes1: 6:57am On Nov 19, 2022
Disclaimer12:
Am I the only one who doesn't know her and do not give a F about her nor her imprisonment? Anyways we all have been living like prisoners in Nigeria and a time like this call for sober reflection while channeling your anger to the polling booth! It's time for us to jettison the status quo and vote irrespective of religion or tribe ! Let's get it right this time ! Do help us God

If you didn't give a F about her you won't be on the thread. For the story to be aired by aljazeera, shows that she is well known. There are also several documentaries on her and how she swindled people

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by DadaHammed: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2022
Disclaimer12:

The woman developed a fake diagnostic small machine and claims it can run 100 medical tests for a 100 different diseases with just a drop of blood, just like all these fake computer lab people diagnosing you without blood. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Arielle: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2022
kambili999:
Jeez. Wonder whT people gain cheating other people. Contentment is a virtue. If you are contented, you don't know what God has done for you
You took the words out of my mouth. I thank God everyday. I remember reading articles that questioned Theranos's technology. I admired Ms Holmes for her youthfulness and foresight. But it was all just a lot of smoke and mirrors. What she's done has made it just that more difficult for start ups to get buy-in and support. Investors have become more cynical.

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Abdul9025(m): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2022
low key 419
Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by MrBONE2(m): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2022
frubben:
Shellock Holmes will burst her out.

Trust me grin
It would be a great shame if she is truly ralated to DA REAL HOLMES FAMILY Bwana grin
Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by nickyj19: 7:02am On Nov 19, 2022
Jesuschristus:
This is the problem of packaging rubbish,peter obi and TInubu
you go soon take sniper no worry

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 19, 2022
Startups are the new ponzi scheme, its always about defrauding people and even govt.

As we shall see in the Nigerian start up Act.

If you be been following start ups since the 90s you will understand.

Money never gets to those who need it, its progenitors never deliver.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by wolebest: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2022
Mynd44:

At such a young age I thought her invention was going to revolutionise the health industry but alas she was a fraud.

11 years is too small!!!

1 Like

Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Qardinalcaptain: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2022
Set awon ramoni(hushpuppi)��
Re: Theranos: Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To More Than 11 Years In Prison by Mirasteel: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2022
Smart woman, I read her story few years ago.
She tricked alot of people to become a billionaire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Beaten To Death, Years After Saying She Had Conquered Domestic Violence / 3 Persons Killed By Unidentified Persons At Unizik Gate, Awka (Pics, Video) / Lockdown: South Africans Clash With Police Over Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.