Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,664 members, 7,851,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

Advise On What To Do About Age Descrepancy On U.S Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advise On What To Do About Age Descrepancy On U.S Visa Application (453 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / X Gender Marker Available On U.S. Passports Starting April 11 / How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On What To Do About Age Descrepancy On U.S Visa Application by wakanderforever: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello great people of nairaland.

i need your help on a matter that bothers me a bit, and will appreciate answers that come from a place of experience or knowledge, if its possible for me to get a VO repsonse, i'ld really appreciate.

So here's the thing, i applied to the U.S 5 years go 2017, and got a visa. i went on vacation and came back after after 10 days.
the Year of birth on my passport was 1985 (correct age.)

in 2019 the visa expired, and i tried to renew, on same passport but unfortunately got denied. (this was during the trump era when getting a visa was extremely difficult.

in 2020, i applied for a new passport (B series) (as old passport had expired), there was a mistake, and the year of birth on the new passport is 1989. day and month is still the same, only the year of birth changed. i tied to modify the year of birth back to my correct age 1985, but the people at the passport office say Age cannot be modified on this new b series passport.

here goes my dilema........ i want to apply for a US visa now, and im confused on what to do, as The records i have with them (U.S embassy) for my approved and denied visa is 1985 and my current passport has 1989. (day and month of birth is the same)

how do i navigate this? do i apply with my current passport (which reads 1989) and tell them there was an error on it? or what do i do??

i need your help guys.
Re: Advise On What To Do About Age Descrepancy On U.S Visa Application by ednut1(m): 9:59am On Nov 19, 2022
They have your biometrics. Go and look for way to change the age back. It can be done at their HQ in abuja
Re: Advise On What To Do About Age Descrepancy On U.S Visa Application by wakanderforever: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
the guys at abuja say they cannot change age on the new passports (b series), that only their comptroller general can.
Re: Advise On What To Do About Age Descrepancy On U.S Visa Application by Mindlog: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
wakanderforever:
the guys at abuja say they cannot change age on the new passports (b series), that only their comptroller general can.

It is no fault of yours but theirs, get a lawyer to write to the Nigerian Immigration as you need to take legal steps to get it corrected.

(1) (Reply)

Getting An Accommodation In Manchester / Relocating To West Africa Country / Togo Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.