Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,956 members, 7,838,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup (10556 Views)

With Two Games, Two Wins, Falconets Advance To Quarter-Finals / Biggest Match-fixing; Two Games That Ended 95-0 And 91-1 Being Investigated / Kanu Motivate The Super Eagles: "Only Two Games To Be Champions, We Can Do This" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by ModCaller: 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
flemsy15:
Is this World cup cursed? Why are there a lot of big names getting withdrawn because of injuries just few weeks/days to the world cup?
I pray injuries stay away during the tournament.

Tactics by clubs
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Jackbaur88: 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2022
The World cup will favour Chelsea more.
Their key players will be back by then.
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by BaddestQueen(f): 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
Moh247:
shocked

Sept Blatter na real demon

I hope some players won't collapse in Qatar hot dry weather

They are already exhausted playing league matches

see your life
you claim to know everything and end up knowing nothing.
Blatter is no longer fifa president but Gianni Infantino

Go and verify grin
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by kolarov93(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
Our super eagle saw this coming. Na why dem Ghana their slot grin

Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by techWriter1: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
Qatar will later victory this cup with all these trauma
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
The world Cup get as e be oooi
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by nahr(f): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2022
Angel55555:
This WC edition could turn out to be one of the best or the worst, i feel Qatar should never have gotten their hands on the hosting rights but these days corruption rules.

Based grin
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Nuzo1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
Angel55555:
This WC edition could turn out to be one of the best or the worst, i feel Qatar should never have gotten their hands on the hosting rights but these days corruption rules.

Maybe I’m missing an important information in this whole Hosting discourse.

Are you guys saying only Europe and the Americas should be hosting the World Cup?

What is actually wrong with beautiful Qatar with magnificent stadia and hospitality in hosting the World Cup?

One thing is sure to come out of Qatar 2022; interesting new talents. But as for the fight and propaganda against Qatar hosting, I await to be schooled on why FIFA made a wrong choice?

1 Like

Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Angel55555(m): 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nuzo1:

Maybe I’m missing an important information in this whole Hosting discourse.

Are you guys saying only Europe and the Americas should be hosting the World Cup?

What is actually wrong with beautiful Qatar with magnificent stadia and hospitality in hosting the World Cup?

One thing is sure to come out of Qatar 2022; interesting new talents. But as for the fight and propaganda against Qatar hosting, I await to be schooled on why FIFA made a wrong choice?
Watch the Netflix documentary on this WC edition, watch some YouTube videos also. Technically Qatar should be not be hosting a global event as big as the world cup, due to it's population size, land mass, religion etc.
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Angel55555(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
LagosIsForIgbos:

The worst, I think
Most likely.
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by optimusprime2(m): 12:15am On Nov 21, 2022
owobokiri:
Injuries are normal before world cup competition .
Has little to do with Qatar or the timing

It's true, Injuries are common with the sport, which is why a summer worldcup is ideal timing due to the fact that players are not burnt out from excessive league games. And there is usually a recovery break before the competition to cancel out accumulated fatigue. The idea is to ensure that overall fitness is maintained.

However, in this case Leauge games were rushed, to catch up with a winter worldcup... Premier league, bundesliga and la liga players literally played two league matches every other week not to forget UEFA league games were also in full swing, which was physically demanding for the players.

To cap things up, there was no recovery break before the worldcup... infact there were league games last week Saturday where a few more players picked up injuries recently...

Oga, it doesn't take rocket science to see the planning of this World Cup was abysmal. As the overall fitness of players are in question... even refs are out injured.

Why wasn't the Leauge tables for all leagues adjusted by FIFA to accommodate the World Cup?
Was it out of their power to push for fewer matches and spread the UEFA league games further apart?
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Nuzo1(m): 12:15am On Nov 21, 2022
Angel55555:

Watch the Netflix documentary on this WC edition, watch some YouTube videos also. Technically Qatar should be not be hosting a global event as big as the world cup, due to it's population size, land mass, religion etc.

Land mass: Too large or too small? We’ve had countries with bigger and smaller landmass than Qatar host World Cup.

Population size: Most tickets for marches are sold out. Or does the so called population has any other thing to do aside filling up stadia for FIFA?

Religion: Are you saying only Christian countries or Suni Muslim countries are supposed to be hosting such events? Or has Qatar threatened a forced religious conversion?

Look, there are loads of sponsored propaganda from Sunni Muslim countries and some western countries like USA against Shia Qatar over the years because of their religious and political differences and this was a perfect opportunity to unleash more propaganda against Qatar.

The only argument that come close to why Qatar shouldn’t host the World Cup how is they seemingly “enslaved” expatriates from third world countries to build projects for the festival. But if you don’t like the labor laws, why continue staying?

That being said, Qatar and other Arab countries must go out of their way to improve their labor laws. On the other hand, the laborers should take some breaks from moving to such countries.

You are feeding their unfriendly labor laws and yet turn around to complain.

Please be aware that I’m not a fan of Qatar foreign policy.

1 Like

Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by owobokiri(m): 12:44am On Nov 21, 2022
optimusprime2:

It's true, Injuries are common with the sport, which is why a summer worldcup is ideal timing due to the fact that players are not burnt out from excessive league games. And there is usually a recovery break before the competition to cancel out accumulated fatigue. The idea is to ensure that overall fitness is maintained.

However, in this case Leauge games were rushed, to catch up with a winter worldcup... Premier league, bundesliga and la liga players literally played two league matches every other week not to forget UEFA league games were also in full swing, which was physically demanding for the players.

To cap things up, there was no recovery break before the worldcup... infact there were league games last week Saturday where a few more players picked up injuries recently...

Oga, it doesn't take rocket science to see the planning of this World Cup was abysmal. As the overall fitness of players are in question... even refs are out injured.

Why wasn't the Leauge tables for all leagues adjusted by FIFA to accommodate the World Cup?
Was it out of their power to push for fewer matches and spread the UEFA league games further apart?

Recovery break? Which recovery break?
Players are always worn out by the end of the season before preparing for the world cup competition in June-July. Very tired and begging for their holidays. It has never been an issue because the timing always favoured the Western countries.

Every serious analyst agrees that players in Qatar at the moment, are sharper in terms of their forms. This is because they are all getting into the competition while still in their league forms. Hosting the world cup in the middle of the year only favours the Europeans and the Americans.

It rains cat and dogs in Africa then and as you can see with the case of Qatar, it's always as hot as hell during this period in most of Asia. So what are we supposed to do? Abdicate the right to host such events and allow just the Western countries to do so? It's called the world cup for a reason! Everyone should participate both in hosting and in playing. The endless complaints should stop.

Qatar should be left alone..
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by phemmyfour: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2022
Angel55555:
too late to cry
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by optimusprime2(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2022
owobokiri:

Recovery break? Which recovery break?
Players are always worn out by the end of the season before preparing for the world cup competition in June-July. Very tired and begging for their holidays. It has never been an issue because the timing always favoured the Western countries.

Every serious analyst agrees that players in Qatar at the moment, are sharper in terms of their forms. This is because they are all getting into the competition while still in their league forms. Hosting the world cup in the middle of the year only favours the Europeans and the Americans.

It rains cat and dogs in Africa then and as you can see with the case of Qatar, it's always as hot as hell during this period in most of Asia. So what are we supposed to do? Abdicate the right to host such events and allow just the Western countries to do so? It's called the world cup for a reason! Everyone should participate both in hosting and in playing. The endless complaints should stop.

Qatar should be left alone..

I am glad we go by numbers these days...
Statistics have shown that this worldcup has the highest frequency of registered injuries, "in camp" than any other world cup within the last 30 years... the question is why?

Is it that players now are softer... No
Is it that nutrition now is poorer... No
Has the sport become more physical... actually the opposite.

So why?
The obvious culprit is accumulated fatigue
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Angel55555(m): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2022
phemmyfour:
too late to cry
Okay.
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Angel55555(m): 9:32am On Nov 21, 2022
Nuzo1:

Land mass: Too large or too small? We’ve had countries with bigger and smaller landmass than Qatar host World Cup.

Population size: Most tickets for marches are sold out. Or does the so called population has any other thing to do aside filling up stadia for FIFA?

Religion: Are you saying only Christian countries or Suni Muslim countries are supposed to be hosting such events? Or has Qatar threatened a forced religious conversion?

Look, there are loads of sponsored propaganda from Sunni Muslim countries and some western countries like USA against Shia Qatar over the years because of their religious and political differences and this was a perfect opportunity to unleash more propaganda against Qatar.

The only argument that come close to why Qatar shouldn’t host the World Cup how is they seemingly “enslaved” expatriates from third world countries to build projects for the festival. But if you don’t like the labor laws, why continue staying?

That being said, Qatar and other Arab countries must go out of their way to improve their labor laws. On the other hand, the laborers should take some breaks from moving to such countries.

You are feeding their unfriendly labor laws and yet turn around to complain.

Please be aware that I’m not a fan of Qatar foreign policy.
Your points are noted Sir.
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Agent17th: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:
shocked

Sept Blatter na real demon, selling worldcup bid to Qatar had a lot of ills

I hope some players won't collapse in Qatar hot dry weather

They are already exhausted playing league matches

The stadiums are Air conditioned and will reduce the heat level to 20degress
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Angel55555(m): 10:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
nahr:

Based grin
Hey, care to share your new email?
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by nahr(f): 9:43am On Feb 18, 2023
Angel55555:

Hey, care to share your new email?

Hey, yeah sure. My newest alternative email account is theladyaaliyah@gmail.com. I sort of deleted the old one. Happy new year and how have you been?
Re: Qatar 2022: Romelu Lukaku To Miss First Two Games Of The World Cup by Angel55555(m): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2023
nahr:

Hey, yeah sure. My newest alternative email account is theladyaaliyah@gmail.com. I sort of deleted the old one. Happy new year and how have you been?
I'm good, just trying to survive the country and keep my sanity. Check your email, I sent you a message.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: FG Releases Funds For Supper Eagles / The Premier League's Forgotten Marksman - Yakubu Aiyegbeni. / AFCON 2023: Nigeria's Road To The Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.