Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,789 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism (19700 Views)

Nigerians Confused As Kizz Daniel, CKay Miss 2022 World Cup Opening Ceremony / Qatar 2022: World Cup Opening Ceremony In Pictures / 'Players Are Dropping Like Flies’ - EPL Told To Cancel Games Ahead Of Qatar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Golden111(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
Despite UK tax, It's also a fact that a construction worker in any gulf country will hardly save £7200 in 3years.

Moh247:

I know it's tougher working under arab scorching sun, I lived for years in Sharjah UAE and I know that for a fact... That doesn't mean my record on UK tax, Living condition and wages is wrong as I have Families in UK and I have gone to both UK and Qatar
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Moh247: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ayohbk:

Do you think we are only talking about sun here?
People working without contracts
People working more than 12 hrs in a day. (i know it's a norm in Nigeria embarassed) but these are against labor laws in Europe.
People deported if they cannot continue working, because they got ill or disabling injuries at work
please do your research and talk to people.
don't swallow everything you read on Aljazeera

Those are freaking propaganda, all this tales of Arab wickedness are just figment of Western imagination just like they painted Russia as sadist.

Daily more Asian jostle for work in that very same Arab countries, Americans and Europeans are there as expatriate, oil workers, school teachers, security consultants

Yet the propaganda never ends

1 Like

Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Ayohbk(m): 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
toxtimmy:
Olodo.... you like to be spoon fed and if you are not spoon fed the world must come to an end... Go jump off a bridge and spare yourself the agony.

Oh..... I see. I didn't know i was engaging a riff raff who can't hold a mature discuss and isn't ready to learn.

Grow up
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Lukuluku69(m): 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ayohbk:

Regarding the pay, please see my reply to another poster above.

Regarding the western world being hypocrite, i do agree with that. But to say that the Europeans or Americans are pisses over contracts is ridiculous. Qatar spent over 200 billion dollars on this world, mostly to please the western world. Do you think they will spend that much to host a tournament for Arabs, Africans and Asians? hahaha.... stop deceiving yourself. At the end of the day, monetary profits from these tournaments still end up in the western world.

Why do the Qataris spend so much money for sportwashing their images literally.

FIFA has being preaching equality for all for several years. Say No to racism, Say to homophobia, Say No to inequality, and protection of human rights. Then why should this be different for Qatar. If the western world is not built on this values, will the Qatar find a spirt invented and globalized by the western world so attractive to spend almost 400 billion dollars in order to host it.

They want the glory that the sport brings, but they do not want the value that has made the sport what it is.

Sir, I repeat Labourers get more in Qatar than the UK in Monetary Terms. You can argue about the Condition they work and the Laws but money wise Qatar pay more

The Western World are hypocrites. One of their Son in Infantino said that much. And the Qatari did not spend over #200billions to please any American or European, that money was spent putting up Facilities in Qatari Cities and not in Chicago or London. So, they spent that much on themselves. Stadia, Hotels, Parks etc.

The last time I check, every host do spend money for Sportwashing if I can use your word. It is there money not mine, not yours

The English Team are going to take a Knee, for what? Discrimination, equality etc this is the same Team whose countrymen went after the Black players amongst them for losing a Football match. If they like let them take a Head. E no concern the World.

As for the LGBT+, you stop a virus from spreading by confining, isolating the Virus, let them keep that Steve Weds Steve thing in Europe no be everybody wan mad.

So Western world was built on which values again? It was built on Rape, wars, thievery, subjugation and every evil known to Mankind

And if they are that pissed about Qatar being Host, they could have stayed at home. The World won't end

1 Like

Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Moh247: 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
Golden111:
Despite UK tax, It's also a fact that a construction worker in any gulf country will hardly save £7200 in 3years.

That's because a construction worker in GCC country repatriates his salary monthly to his home country, as they don't pay rent in Labour camp or by food or pay for busses to work
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Golden111(m): 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
He shock u too grin grin
Ayohbk:

Hahaha... bros abeg leave am.

My prayer for him is actually a years long job there. Then he'll know what moderm slavery really looks like.

Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Ogaonos: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
rayvelez:
West with the hypocrites
stupid england is always them all d time.they always do this silly criticism.first it was south africa the criticism then was crime.s.a hosted it nd came successful even had d best world cup soundtrack albium .second was brazil.now is qatar they even critize india when they hosted commonwealth their team said they saw snake in their room.nd india hosted commonwealth successful.england always critize show skeptism when 3rd world country want to host a global sporting event .what pains me the most is when england host olympic .the opening /closing ceremony was the most dry ceremony i have ever watched
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Ayohbk(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
Moh247:

Those are freaking propaganda, all this tales of Arab wickedness are just figment of Western imagination just like they painted Russia as sadist.

Daily more Asian jostle for work in that very same Arab countries, Americans and Europeans are there as expatriate, oil workers, school teachers, security consultants

Yet the propaganda never ends

Of course there will be people jostling for work there. Check the nationalities of this people hustling for work, they are unfortunately from some of the poorest populations in the world. What do you expect. Have you not read of people selling their kidneys for money. That is unfortunately what poverty does to people. Do you see western countries citizens going to do such labor jobs. Of course, westerners are there as expatriates, go and check their working conditions and contract. They will never accept anything less than above standards. Don't you see expatriates in Nigeria too, di you see the special conditions afforded to them. These are things you can see with your eyes, stop hiding under the propaganda accusation mantra.

If given the chance, do you think those Asians jostling to work in Qatar, won't jump at the chance to work in western countries
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Ayohbk(m): 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Sir, I repeat Labourers get more in Qatar than the UK in Monetary Terms. You can argue about the Condition they work and the Laws but money wise Qatar pay more

The Western World are hypocrites. One of their Son in Infantino said that much. And the Qatari did not spend over #200billions to please any American or European, that money was spent putting up Facilities in Qatari Cities and not in Chicago or London. So, they spent that much on themselves. Stadia, Hotels, Parks etc.

The last time I check, every host do spend money for Sportwashing if I can use your word. It is there money not mine, not yours

The English Team are going to take a Knee, for what? Discrimination, equality etc this is the same Team whose countrymen went after the Black players amongst them for losing a Football match. If they like let them take a Head. E no concern the World.

As for the LGBT+, you stop a virus from spreading by confining, isolating the Virus, let them keep that Steve Weds Steve thing in Europe no be everybody wan mad.

So Western world was built on which values again? It was built on Rape, wars, thievery, subjugation and every evil known to Mankind

And if they are that pissed about Qatar being Host, they could have stayed at home. The World won't end

hahaha.... keep deceiving yourself that the money wasn't used to please the westerners. They built so many air-conditioned stadiums for who?...... hahha.
Let's see what they do with the stadium when they are done with the tournament. Have you seen what china's Olympics bird nest looks like after the event�.. haha
Of course they have enough money to spend and waste. But the question is why not use the money to provide a proper working environment and culture for the construction workers?

Do you have any proof that being gay is a virus?
Please if you cannot engage in proper and educated discuss, you can let me know. I will excuse you.
I'm not here to spin fallacies and score baseless points. After all, it is western education... not afforded to all.
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2022
Tradepunter2:
WHATS THE FUSS ITS THEIR CHOICE... OTHER UK CHANNEL LIKE SKYSPORTS AND THE REST SHOWED IT

It's a big fuss if you care to know. BBC sport not airing opening ceremony of world cup tournament doesn't sound absurd to you? Do you watch football at all?
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Lukuluku69(m): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ayohbk:

hahaha.... keep deceiving yourself that the money wasn't used to please the westerners. They built so many air-conditioned stadiums for who?...... hahha.
Let's see what they do with the stadium when they are done with the tournament. Have you seen what china's Olympics bird nest looks like after the event�.. haha
Of course they have enough money to spend and waste. But the question is why not use the money to provide a proper working environment and culture for the construction workers?

Do you have any proof that being gay is a virus?
Please if you cannot engage in proper and educated discuss, you can let me know. I will excuse you.
I'm not here to spin fallacies and score baseless points. After all, it is western education... not afforded to all.

Oga rest joor.

The money was used to put Facilities in place in Qatar not London, not New York. Anything you want to make of that, it is your choice.

Whatever the Bird Nest look like is not my problem, let the Chinese deal with that not be a Nigerian.

And you are right, it is there money. Not mine, not yours. Not American or European. They have the God given rights to spend as they deemed fit.

You told a guy up there that he is childish because of what he posted, you saying Western Education is not affordable to others is what?

Qatar had issues with Labourers simply because of the Deadlines as the dates approaches. They built the stadia from scratch. And they are wrong in not compensating the affected families.

I am an African, my society frowns at a man bedding a man. The Arabs Culture is against it too. The Bible is against it. A larger percent of people on this planet is against it. So, yes it is a virus, so keep it in Europe and your America.

That said, I think you are excused.

Enjoy your woke world.
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Ayohbk(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Oga rest joor.

The money was used to put Facilities in place in Qatar not London, not New York. Anything you want to make of that, it is your choice.

Whatever the Bird Nest look like is not my problem, let the Chinese deal with that not be a Nigerian.

And you are right, it is there money. Not mine, not yours. Not American or European. They have the God given rights to spend as they deemed fit.

You told a guy up there that he is childish because of what he posted, you saying Western Education is not affordable to others is what?

Qatar had issues with Labourers simply because of the Deadlines as the dates approaches. They built the stadia from scratch. And they are wrong in not compensating the affected families.

I am an African, my society frowns at a man bedding a man. The Arabs Culture is against it too. The Bible is against it. A larger percent of people on this planet is against it. So, yes it is a virus, so keep it in Europe and your America.

Enjoy your woke world.

You are an African who do not know what your culture is.
is the Bible your culture? grin
We can see the benefits that the things yiu don't frown on in your "so called society" has brought to your society.
A society that prides itself on hate, violence and inequality.

No wonder you find excuse for people who use your fellow society members as slave and condemn those who speak for them.

hmm

Shame
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Tradepunter2: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2022
AbdulHakeem44:

It's a big fuss if you care to know. BBC sport not airing opening ceremony of world cup tournament doesn't sound absurd to you? Do you watch football at all?

I DONT GIVE A FK...... JUST THE WAY ISLAM IS RUNNING QATAR DECISION IN THE WORLD CUP, SO SHOULD OTHERS HAVE THEIRS

I DONT JUST GIVE A FK
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Anonymous0001: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nairalander248:
Ok

Next year News will be like

Bola Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar ignores PETER OBI presidential Swearing In Ceremony.

Can you stake any amount Tinubu Wins
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Harmony4sure(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
The only point here is on how Qatar deals with immigrants and the stadiums workers... the rest are not your concern if the approve homosexuality or not stupid westerners
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by justli: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
When we told them western media is has gone down the drain with lies and hypocrisy, people called us far right leaning
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by consultancy: 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2022
Golden111:
I was reading news as a visitor but i had to login to refute this misleading and derogatory comment.

This is a false analysis you probably draft from google. I won't say much but i pray you don't work as a construction worker in any gulf country.

If you know u know.

don't mind that guy. I was just reading him blab blindly and defend his ignorance. You will be lucky to get 2000 Qatari rial as an immigrant construction worker, not adding the abuse of worker rights, lack of insurance to cover for accidents or medicals and non provision of safety equipments. Or should we talk about the long hours they are made to work under the 40 degrees baking sunshine. Only one who doesn't know about the welfare of construction workers in UAE, Saudi, Qatar and Co, will come here to say they live or earn good

1 Like

Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by hayzed19(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
The west is a bunch of fucking hypocrites...you either embrace their way or they make you an enemy... The same people who complained about Qatar prohibiting alcohol in the stadium and fanzone said nothing when France did the same during Euro 2016.

1 Like

Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Wuppdex: 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
All other values you mentioned okay, but homosexuality is a choice and some countries culture and values resent it, so they should throw away their cultural values to please to few activist and western ideology, few years back the christian west equipped with biblical brainwashing of sodom and gomorra and the consequences of practicing such, but the biblical narrative matters to them no more, so whats next on the Agenda of the far left. Only black man don't ask questions and follows blindly all in the name of modernization or westernization.

Ayohbk:

Regarding the pay, please see my reply to another poster above.

Regarding the western world being hypocrite, i do agree with that. But to say that the Europeans or Americans are pisses over contracts is ridiculous. Qatar spent over 200 billion dollars on this world, mostly to please the western world. Do you think they will spend that much to host a tournament for Arabs, Africans and Asians? hahaha.... stop deceiving yourself. At the end of the day, monetary profits from these tournaments still end up in the western world.

Why do the Qataris spend so much money for sportwashing their images literally.

FIFA has being preaching equality for all for several years. Say No to racism, Say to homophobia, Say No to inequality, and protection of human rights. Then why should this be different for Qatar. If the western world is not built on this values, will the Qatar find a spirt invented and globalized by the western world so attractive to spend almost 400 billion dollars in order to host it.

They want the glory that the sport brings, but they do not want the value that has made the sport what it is.
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by DryMouth: 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2022
adexrocque:

You can aswell say AFCON shouldn't hold because it's in the middle of the season.

Plus, Qatar injured those players too abi
Sometimes you people here talk like those ogogoro joint merchants.

Is AFCON the same thing as the WORLD CUP?
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ayohbk:

You are an African who do not know what your culture is.
is the Bible your culture? grin
We can see the benefits that the things yiu don't frown on in your "so called society" has brought to your society.
A society that prides itself on hate, violence and inequality.

No wonder you find excuse for people who use your fellow society members as slave and condemn those who speak for them.

hmm

Shame
He messed up by mentioning the bible, forgetting that the west he condemned their ways of lives introduced the bible to him and other africans cheesy Africans seem to pick and choose when to accept western lifestyles.
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Oga rest joor.

Enjoy your woke world.
some of you africans seem to pick and choose when to accept western lifestyles
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Lukuluku69(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2022
gypsey:
some of you africans seem to pick and choose when to accept western lifestyles

And what is a Western Lifestyle?

How do you know someone is living a western lifestyle?

What are the indices?

If you don't mind please educate me.
Re: BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lukuluku69:

And what is a Western Lifestyle?

How do you know someone is living a western lifestyle?

What are the indices?

If you don't mind please educate me.
You mentioned the bible in one of your comments, who introduced the bible to africans? Look around your african towns and cities, the musics, the clothings you wear, all western inspired, there are 1000s of closet gays people in The arab countrites and africa, Did you know thàt the west frowned at gays not to long ago in the 1970s, perhaps in the future the Arabs and africans might even end up accepting gays like they accepted some of the western lifestyles they live today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Tests Positive For COVID-19. Removed From France Squad / Birmingham 2022: Rafiatu Claims Gold In Women's Weightlifting, Makes History / Man United Crash Out Of Champions League, Drop Into Europa League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.