Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) (11223 Views)

See The Hilarious Text I Received From Etisalat / How To Recover Files I Deleted From My Sd Android / Ipod Touch!how Do I Transfer Music From Laptop To My Ipod Touch? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Bayils(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
Pls am so confused about my phone (1GB) memory card That keeps corrupting files everytime i recieved files from other device or through usb cord from my computer, have noticed this several times from now and can't count numerous FORMATING that i have did earlier, and the funniest part of it is that, i used newly updated anti-virus for the memory before doing anything to know maybe it has being virus infected but all see is that NO VIRUS DETECTED, pls this pissed me off!
now really need your favourably help DAT you can render,all comments,suggest,helps are pretty welcome!
thanks.
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
it's a simple case of CHEAP CHINESE MEMORY CARD, sadly there are many out there and you are simply one of the unlucky ones.

here is how you can confirm that your memo card is shiit: ask a friend to lend you theirs and download files to his and see if they will be also corrupted or not. et voila!
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Bayils(m): 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

it's a simple case of CHEAP CHINESE MEMORY CARD, sadly there are many out there and you are simply one of the unlucky ones.

here is how you can confirm that your memo card is shiit: ask a friend to lend you theirs and download files to his and see if they will be also corrupted or not. et voila!
hmmm, though have tried that before your suggestion,after doing it, it doesn't corrupt files, so you mean there re also chinese memory card? Ok so wat did you think is the solution, ? And incase of next time wat and wat should i do to avoid this trash?
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
every single thing on earth that you can buy, there is a cheap Chinese copy made for that item.
the problem is that not all Chinese copy are bad, only the VERY VERY cheap ones are.

there is not much you can do to know which are which: the only thing is to see if it works and put files on it and try to retrieve it.
remember some of these cheap items will malfunction automatically, after a few weeks of use or NEVER.
its all down to luck!
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by princeibe: 11:01am On Sep 01, 2011
GUY WHETHER CHINESE OR NO CHINESE MMC. DAT IS NOT PROBLEM.
1. DONT LOAD OVER SOFTWARES
2.MIND THE TYPE OF UR PHONE
3.USE NET QiN ANTI VIRUS.VERSION. 3.2
4.USE KINGSTON MMC OR ANY
5.U CAN AS WELL USE UR EXPLOER TO REMOVE VIRUS
4 MORE GIUDEIANCE MY FB
IS. PRINCE DARLINTON IBENYENWA.
ENJOY
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
i guess you missed the part where he wrote that USING ANOTHER MEMORY CARD, IT WORKS PERFECTLY, LOL!!!!!
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Fbtlodge: 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
YEAH!! NEW MONTH GIFT MTN ACTIVATION OF 6MINUITE FREE CALL@
www.Fbtlodge.tk
www.Fbtlodge.tk
only 6minuite!
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by clip: 3:25am On Sep 09, 2011
Please change your memory card and install a good anti virus on your phone and system.
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Bayils(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2011
@all, thanks am so much greateful, "
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Rogbese(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
princeibe:

GUY WHETHER CHINESE OR NO CHINESE MMC. DAT IS NOT PROBLEM.
1. DONT LOAD OVER SOFTWARES
2.MIND THE TYPE OF your PHONE
3.USE NET QiN ANTI VIRUS.VERSION. 3.2
4.USE KINGSTON MMC OR ANY
5.U CAN AS WELL USE your EXPLOER TO REMOVE VIRUS
4 MORE GIUDEIANCE MY FB
IS. PRINCE DARLINTON IBENYENWA.
ENJOY

princeibe, if u are unfortunate to buy a bad mmc, no matter the amount of antivirus you put on it will make it work. It's an electrical thing. Once a circuit is bad, the chip will not work. Chikena!
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Chuksxp: 12:36am On Sep 14, 2011
You could try formatting the memory card.
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Rogbese(m): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
No matter how many times u reformat it, a bad chip will remain so. It has to do with the electronics on the card. Chips that are poorly made will always have errors that cannot be repaired. The best way to get good chips is to test before u pay. Insert it into ur phone and copy some files to it, pictures or music. Remove the card and wait a few seconds. Re-insert the card into ur phone or whatever. If the files are still there, then u have a good card. Also try and buy name brand cards like Kingston, Crucial or Sandisk. These are quality cards with a much reduced rate of failure.

Hope this helps someone!
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Bayils(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
Rogbese:

No matter how many times u reformat it, a bad chip will remain so. It has to do with the electronics on the card. Chips that are poorly made will always have errors that cannot be repaired. The best way to get good chips is to test before u pay. Insert it into your phone and copy some files to it, pictures or music. Remove the card and wait a few seconds. Re-insert the card into your phone or whatever. If the files are still there, then u have a good card. Also try and buy name brand cards like Kingston, Crucial or Sandisk. These are quality cards with a much reduced rate of failure.

Hope this helps someone!
oh thanks very much my brother,really appreciate that, .though have already get another 2GB scandisk, thanks alot all for your advice and contributionzz!
Re: My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2011
Rogbese:

No matter how many times u reformat it, a bad chip will remain so. It has to do with the electronics on the card. Chips that are poorly made will always have errors that cannot be repaired. The best way to get good chips is to test before u pay. Insert it into your phone and copy some files to it, pictures or music. Remove the card and wait a few seconds. Re-insert the card into your phone or whatever. If the files are still there, then u have a good card. Also try and buy name brand cards like Kingston, Crucial or Sandisk. These are quality cards with a much reduced rate of failure.

Hope this helps someone!

chinese manufacturers make cheap copies of all the big brand name, so name alone means nothing. ALSO, to test a card you have to put files on them and check if you are ABLE TO RETRIEVE THEM.
some cards will show the file but it would be impossible to retrieve it. it would say FILE CORRUPTED!

(1) (Reply)

Download 2go Mobile Messenger / Samsung-Galaxy Note 3 To Be Released On September 25th / Tecno Camon CM Unboxing Video And First Impressions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.