Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Not A Slave But A Son. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not A Slave But A Son. (228 Views)

When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu / You Are Not A Son But "Goat" - Leke Adeboye Slams RCCG Pastors / Why Did God Want A Son ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not A Slave But A Son. by Jsmile(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
One major thing that Adams disobedience brought to the entirety of human race was that it made it possible for man to be perpetually a slave to sin through the sin nature we inherited from him.

It is worrisome to know that we don't have to live in sin before we are called a sinner. We are sinners by nature whether we live sinfully or not. Understanding of this truth will make us appreciate the salvation plan of God through Jesus Christ.

King David the psalmist understood this truth to an extent and he made a prayer worth considering while he was repenting of his sin to God.

"I have been evil from the day I was born; from the time I was conceived, I have been sinful." Psalm 51:5.

The sin nature we were all born with can express itself in so many sinful ways and we don't need to look far around us to notice it. The list of it's manifestations are endless.

However, since it was never intended man to function or live this way, through the death, burial resurrection and ascension of Jesus Chris, God made redemption possible for all.

The beauty of this redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross is that He paid the price for our forgiveness and restoration, destroyed the power of our slave master satan and we that were bound in sin was set free from same.

For he that is dead is freed from sin. Romans 6:7

Jesus didn't just make it possible for man to be set free from sin, He also destroyed the sinful nature we inherited in Adam, so that His life in us will make it possible for us to have a new nature called the divine nature.

"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." 2 Peter 1:4

We know that somehow because of our past experiences and the formation of old habits and thoughts that have been programmed in us, it's somewhat difficult to some of us to walk in the newness of life in Christ even after surrendering to Jesus. The truth is that It maybe difficult, but it's not impossible. For with God all things are possible. We pray daily that the Spirit of God will empower us to pursue all that He has purchased for us and to experience same in our lives.

Understanding who we ought to be in the light of our sonship as God intended, should bring us to seeking God on a daily to exchange all that we are (sinful and sinner) to a that He is, Holy and righteous. Let's not just claim it in words but to experience it in reality.

Truly, we are not supposed to be a slave to anything that contradicts the life, nature and character of God as expressed in His Son Jesus Christ, we are to be sons indeed and suppose to live as such. This kind of living is made possible only as we turn to Jesus Christ.

Here come the big question: Are we sons or slave?

NB: The kind of life we live today is an expression of the image and likeness of who and what we are and not what we claim. Selah.
Re: Not A Slave But A Son. by AntiChristian: 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
1. Why is it that we only inherit Sin (i.e. the bad) but not any of Adam's Good deeds?

2. Is Adam so bad in the eyes of the Christian or God created a sinful man?

3. Do you mean God has no option than to send his son (which is a part of himself in trinity) to be killed for other's sins?

4. How was the Psalmist correct by saying he had been sinful from the time he was conceived?

5. And to the topic of your post one of your brother by the name Steep said Jesus was a servant of God from a Prophecy in Isaiah!
Why are you always contradicting yourselves?
Re: Not A Slave But A Son. by AntiChristian: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jsmile:
One major thing that Adams disobedience brought to the entirety of human race was that it made it possible for man to be perpetually a slave to sin through the sin nature we inherited from him.

It is worrisome to know that we don't have to live in sin before we are called a sinner. We are sinners by nature whether we live sinfully or not. Understanding of this truth will make us appreciate the salvation plan of God through Jesus Christ.

King David the psalmist understood this truth to an extent and he made a prayer worth considering while he was repenting of his sin to God.

"I have been evil from the day I was born; from the time I was conceived, I have been sinful." Psalm 51:5.

The sin nature we were all born with can express itself in so many sinful ways and we don't need to look far around us to notice it. The list of it's manifestations are endless.

However, since it was never intended man to function or live this way, through the death, burial resurrection and ascension of Jesus Chris, God made redemption possible for all.

The beauty of this redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross is that He paid the price for our forgiveness and restoration, destroyed the power of our slave master satan and we that were bound in sin was set free from same.

For he that is dead is freed from sin. Romans 6:7

Jesus didn't just make it possible for man to be set free from sin, He also destroyed the sinful nature we inherited in Adam, so that His life in us will make it possible for us to have a new nature called the divine nature.

"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." 2 Peter 1:4

We know that somehow because of our past experiences and the formation of old habits and thoughts that have been programmed in us, it's somewhat difficult to some of us to walk in the newness of life in Christ even after surrendering to Jesus. The truth is that It maybe difficult, but it's not impossible. For with God all things are possible. We pray daily that the Spirit of God will empower us to pursue all that He has purchased for us and to experience same in our lives.

Understanding who we ought to be in the light of our sonship as God intended, should bring us to seeking God on a daily to exchange all that we are (sinful and sinner) to a that He is, Holy and righteous. Let's not just claim it in words but to experience it in reality.

Truly, we are not supposed to be a slave to anything that contradicts the life, nature and character of God as expressed in His Son Jesus Christ, we are to be sons indeed and suppose to live as such. This kind of living is made possible only as we turn to Jesus Christ.

Here come the big question: Are we sons or slave?

NB: The kind of life we live today is an expression of the image and likeness of who and what we are and not what we claim. Selah.

You are a Slave not a son!

But it's amazing why these servitude exist in the Bible.

1. Paul allegedly said in Romans 6:16:
Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

This means if we obey God then we are God's slaves!

2. Paul continues later in Romans 6:22:
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Here we see that those who have been set free from sins become slaves of God!

3. Luke also said in Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.

Here we see Jesus relegated to being a servant of God by Luke.

(Many Bible translations including NKJV used "Servant Jesus" in the above verse but KJV, Catholic and Aramaic Bible translation used "son Jesus". Amplified Bible decided to used "Servant and son Jesus" showing amplification of course. Young's Literal translation used "His Child Jesus".)

Allah says in the Qur'an that Jesus called himself a slave of Allah.
"He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"
Qur'an 19:30

So we see Jesus, righteous people are slaves/servants of Allah/God from the Bible and Qur'an!

Are Christians not slaves of God from your Bible too?

(1) (Reply)

Get Free N100 Airtime After Joining Christianity Project / Some Strange Good Characters In The Bible / Get Your PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.