Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves (26138 Views)

What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Blueace247(f): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
1. A salary won't make you wealthy
2. Your boss doesn't care about your career growth (debatable)
3. A business pays you the least amount possible to maximize profit
4. Company loyalty is a dumb decision–changing jobs pays more
5. People go to jobs (mostly) cause they don't know what else to do
6. Most people have no idea what their passion is, so they lie
7. Hours worked has nothing to do with value created
8. Most of the stuff you buy keeps you tied to a job
9. Working long hours leads to burnout
10. Job titles are meaningless. They're just ego.
11. You're not entitled to a raise, promotion ... or anything
12. Those who get the best jobs are the ones that network the best

The people we lie to the most in our career is ourselves.

Stop lying. Face the truth. Then change your life.

208 Likes 30 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by philest222(m): 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2022
Blueace247:

Nice bro..... Am even tired of working for people and my pocket didn't change since all this while

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by vickyfrancis1(m): 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2022
An eye opener... Most employers doesn't care...if you like fall sick and die, immediately you'll be replaced... So instead of working long hours and burning out and thus depleting your health gradually, look for a way and increase productivity at a minimal time interval. Invest heavily in yourself by having multiple streams of income.
If company A pays #5,000 and company B comes with a higher offer of #10,000 with vast window to grow, no reason am twice...move to B ASAP.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by tydi(m): 1:26am On Nov 23, 2022
Quite unfortunate only number 12 happens to be the truth

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by swagguElite(m): 6:24am On Nov 23, 2022
Facts, yet staying at home doesn't expose you.
No work comes easy. After the first month of working in a new place, my manager told me that; the top boss was asking why should they keep paying me salary?

I wasn't surprised. I replied her; "I understood where she was coming from". The next day I started hearing rumors of me getting fired soon. I went to meet the oldest worker and told him what I heard, he told me what I was doing wrong. That he has noticed me too. That im not always around in the office. I told I can't sit down in the office and be waiting for command. It leads to sitting back pains & unnecessary gossips that will come back to hurt me and I was happily doing small errands outside to get small change for my pocket.

So they increased pressure from top to hold me down. Every impromptu job was sent to my table. Instead of folding, I got an expensive airpod and kept receiving. I give dates for collection. They didn't care, they kept coming. They wanted a reaction, they received only dates to come back for collection. Everybody starting taking advantage, work wey no come oga, they go dey send am. No shaking. I kept tabs. I call you, this work is done. Send me your email for receipt & review.

Positive energy is variola, you would be bewildered with the times people look at you and wonder why you are looking bright and not sitting down and discussing how better other places treat their workers better.

Work i couldn't complete before expiration. I will call the Senior before he calls me and tell him his job is done. But my laptop is dead, as soon as I power it up I will send it to you. - "Thank you, I didn't expect you to do that quite fast". So they know. But you gave me unrealistic time range to see me fail. My laptop is not dead, I needed to buy time. Maybe a little 10hrs or more.

Give the image of seriousness, work smart, use reasonable lies to your advantage, and spend money on yourself. I have a friend earning more than me, this guy can't buy himself a pair of sneakers because he is always saving while looking unhappy and stressed up to work. I earn, I spend and save peanuts. Multiple peanuts every day rollover to something tangible at the end of the week talk less of month.

As a trenches nihgarr, you are not entitled to save. Rich men save, Expose yourself, don't be expendable, I don't engage in gossips but when you tag me I comment, laugh and don't give my opinions. Before you know, I don insert my airpod. I'm tired, I move out, goan take one cold predator or one trophy bottle and better swallow. I press my phone for an hour there.

If I'm sacked tomorrow, I can't feel bad coz while I was there. It never changed me. I did the same me, adjusted on my lassitude. Some people will earn, buy two donuts, trek 30mins before and after work to save and all and then think you can manage that for a week, one small malaria hit you. Your weak body escalate it to three weeks sickness. No company will accommodate that work ethics.

I work 8 - 5. I take my breaks, video chats, peppersoup - beer moments and laziness stretch seriously. I don't plan to work for anybody for long. I'm hitting business when I'm done gathering my capital from work.

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Fallout: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
I hate working under people… your job security is not guaranteed, you can be dispensed at any giving time…

19 Likes

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by backnbeta(f): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
1. Your salary can kick-start your wealth
2. Your boss can genuinely care about your progress at work
3. That's reasonable; they won't pay you what will hurt the business
4. Most people ain't loyal anyway
5. Many people work because they love it
11. You are not entitled to promotion but your work and worth qualifies you for it

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by datola: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hmmm...
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Vipro(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Please, is Business Education a good course to study? Is it restricted to only teaching

1 Like

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Chijeep(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
The only bitter truth in urchins mind is that they knows within them that Tinubu go lose 2023.
No be only bitter truth slef na even bitterleaf truth, THAT THING THEY PAIN URCHINS LIKE MAD

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by tiswell(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
fact

2 Likes

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Kobicove(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
True to a large extent grin

3 Likes

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by dazzlingd(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
That salary can't make you wealthy is not entirely true

Depends on the salary, depends on the company or job.
Not working in access bank or mtn Nigeria oo

But some companies have very sweet packages, benefits and career growth that can be a very good way to raise wealth gradually.

As long as entrepreneurs are the wealthiest people on earth, only a very few make it.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by BATified2023: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Facts….100
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by VeryWickedGoat: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Yahoo boy don drop list

10 Likes

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Kobicove(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
dazzlingd:
Salary can't make you wealthy especially in Nigeria.

Not only in Nigeria, in all parts of the world! undecided

2 Likes

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by NaijaCover(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Is Here
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by MarveworldG: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
"Salary does not make one wealthy" it's not for software engineers or interior designers grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Kingoslo(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
Fact... The BANK is one of theost stupod place to work... Especially as a contract staff... Carrer path Zero, promotion snail walk...

8 Likes

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Kobicove(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
post=118626565:
Is Here

We know grin
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Sheistoopretty(f): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Kobicove(m): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Sheistoopretty:

Space booker grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by treatise: 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
philest222:

Nice bro..... Am even tired of working for people and my pocket didn't change since all this while
Most times, the core problem of salary earners is IMPULSE spending .

7 Likes

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by olola4(m): 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
swagguElite:

As a trenches nihgarr, you are not entitled to save. Rich men save, Expose yourself, don't be expendable, I don't engage in gossips but when you tag me I comment, laugh and don't give my opinions. Before you know, I don insert my airpod. I'm tired, I move out, goan take one cold predator or one trophy bottle and better swallow. I press my phone for an hour there.

If I'm sacked tomorrow, I can't feel bad coz while I was there. It never changed me. I did the same me, adjusted on my lassitude. Some people will earn, buy two donuts, trek 30mins before and after work to save and all and then think you can manage that for a week, one small malaria hit you. Your weak body escalate it to three weeks sickness. No company will accommodate that work ethics.

I work 8 - 5. I take my breaks, video chats, peppersoup - beer moments and laziness stretch seriously. I don't plan to work for anybody for long. I'm hitting business when I'm done gathering my capital from work.

You are just using all your mouth to talk and confusing yourself, how will you say rich men save and you are also the one who said you are hitting business when you are done gathering money If you don't save how will you gather money for business? Lengthy write up filled with thrash.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Diamondmiller(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
THIS SHIT IS FOR ME ..............
Blueace247:

1 Like

Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Primusinterpares(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Validly true
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by NaijaCover(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobicove:

We know grin

Looking For Latest Update On BAD NEWS
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
Ok
Re: 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves by Golan007: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2022

It depends on what you think wealthy is.

Not everyone would be a billionaire but there are salaries that would make you own several homes across the world.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Fastest Job A 35 Year Old Graduate With No Experience Get? / Workforce Academy II 2014 / Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Academic Staff Recruitment 2017 (44 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.