Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,318 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Easybuy Wahala - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Easybuy Wahala (1492 Views)

Do You Believe Easybuy Phones Are Hard To Sell?? / Easybuy / EASYBUY! Take A New Phone Home By Paying Just 30% Of The Phone Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easybuy Wahala by mctech(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
My people wahala dey o.

So I went with someone to buy a phone on Easybuy and stood as one of the two guarantors. The digits on my ATM card was taken. I now realize I shouldn't have dropped it, though.

Payment was due and she was going to effect it but First Bank mobile app didn't send OTP so she couldn't conclude the transfer.
She usually send the receipt to the sales girl who attended to her.

She later got a call from their agent who told her that she can make the transfer from an ATM or POS. A colleague of hers helped check her details on Easybuy app only to discover the N5000 out of the N9800 that was due has been paid.

Fellow Nigerians, the money was deducted from MY account.
Please note that she has money in her account and actually just sent the balance.

Therefore I ask,
1. How can I address this rubbish?
2. Can't this be used for fraud?

OP please move this to the front page.
Re: Easybuy Wahala by dawnomike(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2022
mctech:
My people wahala dey o.

So I went with someone to buy a phone on Easybuy and stood as one of the two guarantors. The digits on my ATM card was taken. I now realize I shouldn't have dropped it, though.

Payment was due and she was going to effect it but First Bank mobile app didn't send OTP so she couldn't conclude the transfer.

She later got a call from their agent who told her that she can make the transfer from an ATM or POS. A colleague of hers helped check her details on Easybuy app only to discover the N5000 out of the N9800 that was due has been paid.

Please note that she has money in her account and actually just sent the balance.

Therefore I ask,

It was part of the terms and conditions you agreed to as the guarantor

1 Like

Re: Easybuy Wahala by EmemObong03: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2022
mctech:
My people wahala dey o.

Therefore I ask,

Guy, you dey waste your time. Enter your bank and block the ATM Card. Get a new one with new serial number.
I am beginning to doubt the Nigerian blood in you

2 Likes

Re: Easybuy Wahala by Kobicove(m): 12:00am On Nov 23, 2022
mctech:
My people wahala dey o.

Therefore I ask,

Where is the fraud there? undecided

The person you guranteed defaulted and they took part of their money from your account which was what you agreed to...whether her bank failed to sent OTP or they failed to send PIN is stories. The main issue is that she defaulted!

Your only recourse at this time is to ask your friend to refund your 5,000
Re: Easybuy Wahala by mctech(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2022
dawnomike:
It was part of the terms and conditions you agreed to as the guarantor
No it wasn't. How can I agree to such!

They have no right to access the account of even the buyer of the phone.

The only thing they can do is to freeze/lock the phone till she pays up.
Re: Easybuy Wahala by mctech(m): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2022
Kobicove:

Where is the fraud there? undecided

The person you guranteed defaulted and they took part of their money from your account which was what you agreed to...whether her bank failed to sent OTP or they failed to send PIN is stories. The main issue is that she defaulted!

Your only recourse at this time is to ask your friend to refund your 5,000
While I believe this is wrong, I didn't call it fraud.

I only said it can be used to perpetrate fraud. What if their staff continue to take money from my account after completing payment? Bankers do this.

I was not made aware of any terms and conditions.
This can only happen in Nigeria. They could get sued if it was a substantial amount.

(1) (Reply)

Your Window To China Business / I Need An Exporter Of Ginger Now / Professional Forex Trading Strategies – The Greatest Trading Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.