Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Advice : Nysc Vs Msc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Advice : Nysc Vs Msc (4369 Views)

Job, Msc. Or Marriage / Msc Admission Before End Of Service Year / Urgent: My Cousin Is To Resume Msc In UK 25th September But Nysc Passout Is Oct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by mystikal(m): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2007
i'm due to start my NYSC by Sept, also due for my masters by same september
However there is this increasing pressure to choose the Service over the masters prog, I'd really rather not do any youth service but people seem to think its inevitable,
Please Advice!!!
Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by Tamedo007: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2007
Dear mystikal,
I say u finish ur NYSC 1st b'cos Nigerian r crazy about this NYSC certificate tin. If u feel otherwise no qualms. because i just finish mine too this august and most companies and even school demand for ur cert unless u go in thru d back door because they like to play politics with those that dont have the NYSC cert. even if u have ur 2nd degree.
what do u feel?
Urs Tamedo007
Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by smocky(f): 4:34am On Aug 24, 2007
hello,is it possible to do M.sc/MBA without serving?If yes,what school?becos,Unilag will not accept that if you avnt served
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by easimoni(m): 4:37am On Aug 24, 2007
@ poster, do your NYSC O! I can't start to post about so many friends who took the masters option and had limited options afterwards. My wife included. defer your admission and get NYSC out of the way forever before the big bucks beckon.
Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by mystikal(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ Tamedo
Tamedo007:

what do u feel?
Urs Tamedo007
dunno what to feel

But Guys isnt it possible 2 do ur masters while someone coordinates ur NYSC activities for you?
The whole process of defering admissions in the UK is what i'm not too conversant with!! More advice please

1 Like

Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by Akoko: 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2007
Omo iya i agree with d last person
i just finish my NYSC service
u can go 4 ur masters while someone runs d NYSC 4 u
all u STAND TO LOOSE IS UR ALLAWI (9.725)
U CAN DO IT BOTH

2 Likes

Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by abella: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2007
pls may i know u
Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by samueline(f): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2007
I would say Msc first if you are travelling abroad. Cuz wen u come back u can DICTATE the State where u would like to serve. On the other hand you can decide to serve first and hope you will be posted to a remote place where you will have ample time to still go abroad for ur MSc and come back to Nigeria during passing out.
Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by ayobase(m): 9:22am On Mar 22, 2012
samueline: I would say Msc first if you are travelling abroad. Cuz wen u come back u can DICTATE the State where u would like to serve. On the other hand you can decide to serve first and hope you will be posted to a remote place where you will have ample time to still go abroad for ur MSc and come back to Nigeria during passing out.

ur dual-option is good for me to go.
Thanks!
Re: Advice : Nysc Vs Msc by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
[quote author=mystikal]@ Tamedo
dunno what to feel

But Guys isnt it possible 2 do ur masters while someone coordinates ur NYSC activities for you?
The whole process of defering admissions in the UK is what i'm not too conversant with!! More advice please[/quote)

Old thread but an advice might still help someone else make a decision. There is nothing hard in differing your admission, just send the school an email and you would be sent a form to fill to differ the admission.
I would go for Msc first, then NYSC with the same reason as samueline above.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2015 Batch B Jigawa States / Official NYSC Camp Registration Requirements / Help!!! I Cant Print My Call Up Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.