Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi (54736 Views)

See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina / See The ₦600 Fish I Bought In Ibadan (Photo) / The Fish I Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
I was at a car wash near the Bauchi State School of Agriculture in Bauchi metropolis and I saw some kids with this fish which they caught from a River nearby. Priced it and they said I should bring N1,200. Asked them for the last price and they said N1,000. Omo I quickly gave them the money and opened my car trunk.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Bintdawood(f): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2022
Nadingo:
I was at a car wash near the Bauchi State School of Agriculture in Bauchi metropolis and I saw some kids with this fish which they caught from a River nearby. Priced it and they said I should bring N1,200. Asked them for the last price and they said N1,000. Omo I quickly gave them the money and opened my car trunk.

Better soup cool its cheap man! This can last for a week seff

Enjoy!!!

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by HarlequinLekex: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
Show us love na.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by WibusJaga: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2022

You are a cheat abi cheater grin

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Channah1(f): 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2022
This Bony fish but it's very tasty. Fry it if you want to enjoy it.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Cypress042(m): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
I bought some yesterday for seven hundred naira

After using all to prepare my okra soup i couldn't find any tiny fish in the pot, everything dissolved. Only God knows how i skillfully managed the bony soup sad

183 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
WibusJaga:

You are a cheat abi cheater grin
How na? grin

3 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Cypress042:
I bought some yesterday for seven hundred naira

After using all to prepare my okra soup i couldn't find any tiny fish in the pot, everything dissolved. Only God knows how i skillfully managed the bony soup sad
You should've fried them

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
Channah1:
Yeah sure. Wife is cleaning them up preparing them for frying.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Show us love na.
When they're fried I'll call you cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Channah1(f): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Nadingo:
Yeah sure. Wife is cleaning them up preparing them for frying.

Ok. Better.
Enjoy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Cypress042(m): 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
Nadingo:
You should've fried them

I was even per boiling the fishes like that without opening and cleaning them, before one of my good neighbours came and saved my soup grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Cypress042:

I was even per boiling the fishes like that without opening and cleaning them, before one of my good neighbours came saved my soup grin
Lol wink

12 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Bahamas95(m): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
The best way to enjoy it is when fried, the bones become soft and edible......If you take am cook pepper soup just be careful of bones. Tilapia is very tasty but I don't like it that much because of the bones.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nokio1: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
Bahamas95:
The best way to enjoy it is when fried, the bones become edible......If you take am cook pepper soup just be careful of bones. Tilapia is very tasty but I don't like it that much because of the bones.
in this renewed Hopelessness govt
NA u go dey tell shildren bone is very nutritional

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by doggedfighter(f): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
A good buy.

Smoke them .

I think food is cheaper in northern part of the country.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Probz(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2022
Channah1:

Oh, it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2022
doggedfighter:
A good buy.

Smoke them .

I think food is cheaper in northern part of the country.

Generally, cost of living is cheaper over here.

29 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Cgy1: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ok
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 6:56am On Nov 29, 2022
doggedfighter Cypress042 Bintdawood Bahamas95 Channah1

Hello guys, we had a rather awful experience with this fish. Aside the fact that wife over fried some to a point they tasted like thin glass, all of them have so much sand in them that we couldn't consume it.

Pls, note that we used blunt knife to scrape the scales and we also removed the innards one after the other before sun drying them to rinse out water. And when we noticed the water used in washing them was muddy and grainy, we rinsed them EIGHT different times until the water appeared clean.

But unfortunately, we still couldn't eat after frying because of the amount of sand we encountered.

Where did we go wrong pls? cry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by myke92(m): 7:20am On Nov 29, 2022
Nadingo:

Hello guys, we had a rather awful experience with this fish. Aside the fact that wife over fried some to a point they tasted like thin glass, all of them have so much sand in them that we couldn't consume it.

Pls, note that we used blunt knife to scrape the scales and we also removed the innards one after the other before sun drying them to rinse out water. And when we noticed the water used in washing them was muddy and grainy, we rinsed them EIGHT different times until the water appeared clean.

But unfortunately, we still couldn't eat after frying because of the amount of sand we encountered.

Ehya.. Sorry o

Las las, You couldn't get any value for your ₦1000,

The Awoof no really click this time around.

Better luck next time wink

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by doggedfighter(f): 7:28am On Nov 29, 2022
Nadingo:

Sorry about your awful experience. Really don't know much about that fish but felt smoking will make it stronger and tastier.

Retaining sand after thorough washing is a no no.

Don't buy again. Stick with the ones you know.

4 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2022
myke92:

Ehya.. Sorry o

Las las, You couldn't get any value for your ₦1000,

The Awoof no really click this time around.

Better luck next time wink
This awoof really run my belle cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2022
doggedfighter:

Sorry about your awful experience. Really don't know much about that fish but felt smoking will make it stronger and tastier.

Retaining sand after thorough washing is a no no.

Don't buy again. Stick with the ones you know.

Yeah sure. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Bintdawood(f): 10:54am On Nov 29, 2022
Nadingo:

Ehyyya cry am very sorry ehn. Thats not your problem, i guess itd from the guys u bought the fish from, maybe twas how they stored it. Next tym dont buy it okay? If you have cats or dogs, u can feed them with it. Atleast it wont be a total waste
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Zico777(m): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
grin
Nokio1:

in this renewed Hopelessness govt
NA u go dey tell shildren bone is very nutritional

2 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Pinterest: 6:09am On Dec 01, 2022
Bintdawood:

Better soup cool its cheap man! This can last for a week seff

Enjoy!!!

It will last one day in my own pot.
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Juniorpope123: 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
Which one be river fish? Them dey see sand or stone fish? Are fishes not naturally found in rivers? That's totology to be saying river fish

7 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by 900warriorz: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tilapia grin
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nwadu: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
What's the meaning of rich again please
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by halaqasa: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
E be many things walahi
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Ancecoker(m): 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fish And Crab Soup In Peru / Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life / The Civet I Bought N7,000 On My Way To Work Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.