Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,465 members, 7,864,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Question For Christians About Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Christians About Work (487 Views)

Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same / Old Post That Warned Christians About Naira Marley's Kind Of Music / Jesus Appears To Group Of 72 Christians About To Be Slaughtered By Boko Haram... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Christians About Work by Ofodirinwa: 10:12am On Nov 28, 2022
If you have work scheduled and have not requested time off, and your church has an event the same day, will you go to church or go to the work event?
Re: Question For Christians About Work by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
If you have work scheduled and have not requested time off, and your church has an event the same day, will you go to church or go to the work event?
Christianity is about time management so the true Christians know how to manage our time! wink

1 Like

Re: Question For Christians About Work by HarlequinLekex: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
Going to a church event doesn't certifies you as a good christian. What God needs is your way of living and your soul. I'll choose the work event. Remember if you are sacked at the workplace for not attending the event or not going to work at the appropriate time because of church things, none of your church members will employ you. It is called PRAY AND WORK neither PRAY AND PRAY nor work and work.
Re: Question For Christians About Work by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

If a medical team decides to abandon your loved one unattended to in a hospital because they have a church/religious program to attend at that time how would you take the news?

1 Like

Re: Question For Christians About Work by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Nov 29, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
Much the same way Jesus Christ instructed His disciples to, He taught that all those who follow Him will abandon their work schedules/jobs, careers, businesses, etc., as they will no longer work for food that perishes but instead for food that endures for eternity which only He can give, and the work they will do is to believe in the one who the Father sent - John 6 vs 25 - 35 Seeing as you still entangled by job schedules and church schedules leads me to realize you are not interested in obeying Jesus Christ but in your pastors and mogs along with your employee. What I will suggest is that you consider which of those masters is more important to you then. undecided
Re: Question For Christians About Work by Ofodirinwa: 2:15am On Nov 30, 2022
Really appreciating the answers, keep them coming
Re: Question For Christians About Work by LordReed(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Much the same way Jesus Christ instructed His disciples to, He taught that all those who follow Him will abandon their work schedules/jobs, careers, businesses, etc., as they will no longer work for food that perishes but instead for food that endures for eternity which only He can give, and the work they will do is to believe in the one who the Father sent - John 6 vs 25 - 35 Seeing as you still entangled by job schedules and church schedules leads me to realize you are not interested in obeying Jesus Christ but in your pastors and mogs along with your employee. What I will suggest is that you consider which of those masters is more important to you then. undecided

LoLz! I am guessing you collect welfare that's why you can talk like this. Come and live in Naija lemme see whether you will still have this kind of view. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Question For Christians About Work by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
LordReed:
LoLz! I am guessing you collect welfare that's why you can talk like this. Come and live in Naija lemme see whether you will still have this kind of view. Bwahahahahaha!
LOL... sorry to disappoint but I don't collect welfare! grin

Not that there is anything wrong with those who need to.
Re: Question For Christians About Work by LordReed(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Ok, then you must work and earn a wage or get paid money for what you do, right?
Re: Question For Christians About Work by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
LordReed:
Ok, then you must work and earn a wage or get paid money for what you do, right?
None of that applies. undecided
Re: Question For Christians About Work by LordReed(m): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
None of that applies. undecided

Unless you are some kind of hermit surviving on the kindness of others which your internet use suggests otherwise then you must receive money somehow. Abi you be Hushpuppy the second? LoLz.
Re: Question For Christians About Work by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2022
LordReed:
Unless you are some kind of hermit surviving on the kindness of others which your internet use suggests otherwise then you must receive money somehow. Abi you be Hushpuppy the second? LoLz.
Well, I am not a hermit. lipsrsealed
Re: Question For Christians About Work by LordReed(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
None of the above! undecided

Guy no dey whine me abeg.
Re: Question For Christians About Work by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
LordReed:
Guy no dey whine me abeg.
I am not a hermit and my internet use... the network here is not limited to just home use. undecided
Re: Question For Christians About Work by kkins25(m): 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:

So, considering the fact that if i skip work without granted permission from my workplace, and get sacked nko? Of what use am i to God dead? Isn't God one of the living? Plus, if we totally abandon bread, how then are we to feed? For even the lord strolled down the mountain ravaging the fig trees for food. When he found none, he cursed the fig tree for not serving its purpose.

yes, the father provides for even the birds; however, the last time i checked, the birds traveled thousands of kilometers in search of the food that the lord provided. So, If the birds with so little talents know to travel early before the onset of winter, how much more I; a man made in the image and likeness of God.

Are you saying i should bury my talents; hands, legs, and incredible brain, given to me by my master before he departed? Surely you've read where it is written that my talents would be taken away from me should I fail to use them.

Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.  Matthew 25:23
Re: Question For Christians About Work by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
kkins25:
So, considering the fact that if i skip work without granted permission from my workplace, and get sacked nko? Of what use am i to God dead? Isn't God one of the living? Plus, if we totally abandon bread, how then are we to feed? For even the lord strolled down the mountain ravaging the fig trees for food. When he found none, he cursed the fig tree for not serving its purpose.

yes, the father provides for even the birds; however, the last time i checked, the birds traveled thousands of kilometers in search of the food that the lord provided. So, If the birds with so little talents know to travel early before the onset of winter, how much more I; a man made in the image and likeness of God.

Are you saying i should bury my talents; hands, legs, and incredible brain, given to me by my master before he departed? Surely you've read where it is written that my talents would be taken away from me should I fail to use them.
First, you should have learned by now never to quote a verse out-out-of-context when trying to converse with me. undecided

The lesson of the parable of the 10 talents that Jesus Christ spoke in Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30 is found in verse 29. Notice the misdirection? While you focus on wailing on about not being able to use your talent if you obey His commandments to no longer work for food that perishes, those who belong to Him who understand that even the many talents belong to Him realize instead that the lesson is to use what you have on hand in order that the Father may give you more than even that which you had and need. That rule applies as far as getting of understanding - Matthew 13 vs 12 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 24 - giving and receiving, increasing one's faith etc.

God says those who desire to have Him no longer need to work for food that perishes. Jesus Christ did it. His disciples and many of the first Christians did it --- they didn't starve to death or die of lack. undecided

As Jesus Christ made clear, what He offers isn't for everyone but only for those who are weary and heavy-laden, those willing to abandon it all and fully trust God to maker of it all - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Most General Overseers Will Not Be In Heaven After They Die. / A Question For Thought / Why Did Jesus Pay Tax And Didn't Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.