Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism (15305 Views)

Coronavirus: Masoumeh Ebtekar Diagnosed With Disease As Outbreak Spreads / All You Need To Know About The Monkeypox Disease. / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by MeaslesMumpsRub: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2022
This people just dey use us catch cruise.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Mickykarim: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2022
References:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/11/28/monkeypox-renamed-racism/

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU PUT A TERRORIST IN CHARGE OF A NOBLE PROFESSION AS REPUTABLE AS THE MEDICAL FIELD.

What is RACISM in calling Monkey its real name and the identity with an ailment associated with it?

THIS BIG ZOMBIE STILL PANDER TO HIS Chinese MASTERS AND HAS BROUGHT MEDICINE TO A DISREPUTE.

Most unfortunate for the medical profession.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by descarado: 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ezedon:
It should be renamed Asiwaju Pox
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by onuman: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2022
References:

WHO, you are increasing racism with this.

Monkey is not African black.
This is like Western media putting much emphasis on racial tantrums by whites against blacks on sports arenas.

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by onuman: 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2022
Thortp:
So, na Africans be the monkey abi? Choi

That's what the fool intended to play at the WHO.

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by DOM7: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2022
Are there no White monkeys?
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by onuman: 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2022
post=118752450:
SAY NO TO RACISM.

Btw,
Below is one of the trending news on the internet throughout the weekend
If the black woman agonised over that, the white racists get happy.
Pig is the return name for any white who cites black person as monkey.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by CaptainFM1: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
Too early for them!

Look at the speed at which they change the name Corona Virus to Covid because of La Coruna in Spain. You would expect they had done the same for Monkey Pox because the world has always regard Africans as monkeys.

Anything Africans is not always on the front burner in the global space. And I don't blame them, I blame African leaders.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Ljaurienz: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
"M" is "M" so if I hear Mpox, I knw its MonkeyPox u mean
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by itsene: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2022
careytommy37:
So who are the monkeys?
Non- EU and non-US people.
They live on stereotypes and profiling.

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Mensonges: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2022
WHO is onto another WOKE nonsense bullshit.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by thymm: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2022
WHO is racist, that's what they managed to achieve from this
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Stanleyq: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2022
References:

Which means that those who call themselves god know what they meant when they named it monkeypox.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by LegalWolf: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2022
Thortp:
So, na Africans be the monkey abi? Choi

The matter tire me o

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by joe4christ(m): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2022
Olaolex:
They will still put the pupils in the stress of finding what the 'M' stands for.

The new name Coined is more racist than the previous. It will hurt the pupils of color when the eventually realize that name was coined to cover up a racist undertone attach to it... A new name should have simply been devised!
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by YangaBabe: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lol, this is hilarious grin
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2022
The move itself is racist. They should get out with their hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Olaolex: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2022
joe4christ:

The new name Coined is more racist than the previous. It will hurt the pupils of color when the eventually realize that name was coined to cover up a racist undertone attach to it... A new name should have simply been devised!
Seriously, they should have given it another name entirely or let it be called what it has been called. Which one is Mpox
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by justmondris: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
And what does the M stands for? Na una self una Dey deceive
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2022
Pells1:
Sweetplum will you be my bebe
If you make it in life let Seun become a gay!
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by solexjames(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ezedon:
It should be renamed Asiwaju Pox
That is A- pox

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by wink2015(m): 4:06am On Nov 29, 2022
The renaming from monkeypox to mpox is a misplaced priority.

There is really no need for it.

That will not even stop racism and tribalism in the world.

We African people are referred to as Black when identifying us.

But the word "Black" connotes darkness or something that is not not good.

But this does not change our status even though a European will bring banana to a football pitch and throw at our footballer.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by ObalendeCMS: 4:56am On Nov 29, 2022
If I be white man, I for dey racially discriminate against black people

You guys really act & live like monkeys in Africa.

Too crude!
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by BigBashiru: 9:34am On Nov 29, 2022
onuman:

WHO, you are increasing racism with this.

Monkey is not African black.
This is like Western media putting much emphasis on racial tantrums by whites against blacks on sports arenas.

WHO knows what they are doing... they know they are increasing racism with it but will make it look as if they want to achieve the opposite... these are savages....
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by BigBashiru: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2022
Sweetplum:

If you make it in life let Seun become a gay!

Good morning sweet shugar kiss
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by BigBashiru: 9:40am On Nov 29, 2022
CaptainFM1:
Too early for them!

Look at the speed at which they change the name Corona Virus to Covid because of La Coruna in Spain. You would expect they had done the same for Monkey Pox because the world has always regard Africans as monkeys.

Anything Africans is not always on the front burner in the global space. And I don't blame them, I blame African leaders.

I will tell you the truth... the regard of africans as monkeys was only so starting about 100-150 years ago and it was devised by the europeans to conquer african minds as part of their colonial projects. prior to that africa was more advanced than western europe....they told lies and falsified african history. why looted arts created by monkeys keep it since february 1897 and refuse to return it. western europeans are the true and actual monkeyssss
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by BigBashiru: 9:52am On Nov 29, 2022
ObiLamba:
If oyinbo call me black monkey, I go call am white pig.

oyinbos are not white pigs... they are primitive monkey subhumans called neaderthaals - the present day whites descended from neanderthaals of the ice age....this is the truth...if they call you black monkey say "white monkey, want some bananas?" it works!

1 Like

Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by onuman: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2022
BigBashiru:

WHO knows what they are doing... they know they are increasing racism with it but will make it look as if they want to achieve the opposite... these are savages....

It's like selling snake oil.
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
BigBashiru:

Good morning sweet shugar kiss
Good morning
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by Sleekfingers: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2022
ObiLamba:
If oyinbo call me black monkey, I go call am white pig.

Simple as ABC......
Re: WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism by bizzibodi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2022
So na we'all those white pigs they refer to when they mentioned monkey pox.Thunder fire them all!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Restrooms In Your Office, School, Restaurant.... Have Health Risks, Watch Out! / LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! / Can Malt And Milk Give You Blood? Nigerian Doctor Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.