Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note (14556 Views)

CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 / Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria / Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2022
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) said there’s no plan to introduce N5,000 denominated bank note following the naira redesign.

Ahmed Umar, CBN Director of Currency Operations made the clarification on Tuesday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Umar attended the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) workshop for Financial Correspondents Association of Nigeria (FICAN) and Business Editors.
We are not introducing any new note. Some people have seen one N5000 note that we don’t know about”, NAN quoted him saying.

Umar was represented by Amina Halidu-Giwa, Head of Policy Development at CBN Currency Operations Department.

The official said note restructuring would mean that lower bills like the N100 note would become coin.

Umar added that the focus of the apex bank is printing notes that would replace the currencies to be withdrawn.

“What we are printing is going to be very limited because we want other means of settling transactions to be used,”
he explained.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/11/29/naira-redesign-cbn-denies-plan-to-print-n5000-note/

3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Thortp(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
Anything you like, print.

Do we even have any opinion? Before somebody will say na hate speech.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by endsarrrs(f): 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
lipsrsealed

“What we are printing is going to be very limited because we want other
means of settling transactions to be used,”

Worthless CBN and it weak Naira

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Onucs(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
worthless country, worthless leadership, worthless currency. spits!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by LeoDeKing: 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ipob will concoct story and post it on social media, when authorised agencies distance themselves from the report, same ipob will say they are denying what they had said.

I still don't know where the rumour of printing higher denominations are coming from. Prior to the launching of the redesigned notes, Emeka was arguing seriously about higher denominations. He even backed his argument that the reason for higher denominations was that Buhari and Tinubu were planning to steal plenty money to go save in amelica.

I asked Emeka where he got this information. His response was not just amusing, but very funny, so at that point, I stopped the argument. His brother who was very close to Simon Ekpa was the source. grin

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by endsarrrs(f): 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ipob will concoct story and post it on social media, when authorised agencies distance themselves from the report, same ipob will say they are denying what they had said.

I still don't know where the rumour of printing higher denominations are coming from.

Bigot

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Urheadmaster(m): 12:20am On Nov 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I still don't know where the rumour of printing higher denominations are coming from. Prior to the launching of the redesigned notes, Emeka was arguing seriously about higher denominations. He even backed his argument that the reason for higher denominations was that Buhari and Tinubu were planning to steal plenty money to go save in amelica.

I asked Emeka where he got this information. His response was not just amusing, but very funny, so at that point, I stopped the argument. His brother who was very close to Simon Ekpa was the source. grin

Did IPOB kill one of your relation

Why the accusations against IPOB without evidence tongue

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by chatinent: 12:31am On Nov 30, 2022
I don't see anything wrong in having a ₦5k note. It's long overdue.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by mradjoy(m): 5:35am On Nov 30, 2022
Someone showed me that fake 5k note few days ago online and I was like is CBN printing 5k note along with the redesign of the old notes?

Incase you are planning to travel/japa
I sell cheaper flight tickets to anywhere in the world, my DM is open or do it urself here: https://go.adjoytravels.com/NRLD
Help my hustle abeg. Kindly help share with family and friends thank you
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Jahwinaboy(m): 5:35am On Nov 30, 2022
Rubbish
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by iscom(m): 5:36am On Nov 30, 2022
OK oooo
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by thesicilian: 5:36am On Nov 30, 2022
Lol . There's no smoke without fire.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Yankiss(m): 5:36am On Nov 30, 2022
Higher denomination notes will only worsen hyperinflation. No strong currency has very high denomination. The US dollar, British pounds sterling, Euro.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by princeryle1: 5:38am On Nov 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by bestman09(m): 5:39am On Nov 30, 2022
It's even better to scrap the big denominations so that the naira can worth anything.

Do you realize that N50 can hardly buy anything now?

My own concern is that 20$ monthly limit on our ATM card is embarrassing and frustrating

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by WibusJaga: 5:39am On Nov 30, 2022

They will soon need to print 5k & even 10k notes considering the rate at which prices are escalating & smaller notes like 5,10, &20 naira notes are becoming worthless.
Unless something drastic is done like voting out PDAPC. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by fineboynl(m): 5:42am On Nov 30, 2022
Well. Printing very few note will have consequences on the economy. The economy will be shrink. Marketers will complain of low sales and credit because of no cash. Also beggars And children will suffer as a result of no physical cash.

People hoarding cash as a result of limited cash.

Small scare business will be stagnant.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by MikeMicheal(m): 5:43am On Nov 30, 2022
ok
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by OPICANTO2223: 5:49am On Nov 30, 2022
Anything APC denied is real.
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Yankee101: 5:52am On Nov 30, 2022
That will be automatic devaluation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by saferoom: 5:54am On Nov 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Codes151(m): 5:55am On Nov 30, 2022
Illeterates.
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Elidrisy20: 5:58am On Nov 30, 2022
Thunder fire Emefile, if him like make him print N1m

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by kevwemike: 6:03am On Nov 30, 2022
Pls as anyone heard about this company b4 pls help a brother.

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by sukkot: 6:03am On Nov 30, 2022
grin
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by spartachico(m): 6:10am On Nov 30, 2022
one funny thing i realize about Nigeria government is that ,anything they come out to deny publicly or anything they debunk ,that thing will surely come into existence ,so my people be ready for more naira devaluation because that 5000 naira will be the end of naira and its economy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by spartachico(m): 6:12am On Nov 30, 2022
please be careful,i know that road but never heard of the company ,could be true or false but please be careful
kevwemike:
Pls as anyone heard about this company b4 pls help a brother.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by spartachico(m): 6:13am On Nov 30, 2022
i swear ...say no more
OPICANTO2223:
Anything APC denied is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Truvelisback(m): 6:14am On Nov 30, 2022
chatinent:
Are u ok?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by seanwilliam(m): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2022
Like for rise in naira value share for rise in dollars value
Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by Skty: 6:16am On Nov 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Wetin consign ibos with printing of naira?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note by spartachico(m): 6:22am On Nov 30, 2022
since July 13, 1969 ,the American government has refused to circulate any note above $100 and that same $100 in 1969 was almost or even equivalent to 100 naira at that time and now take a look at same $100 is somebody else flat house rent in Ibadan,yet our naira no stable and you want them to print 5k note ...plan well for your kids pls.
chatinent:

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN On Fire - No Fire Scare At Central Bank Of Nigeria - Confirmed Reports / External Reserves Drop To $27.85bn As Foreign Investors Repatriate $30.2m / Nigerian Women To Emulate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.