Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury (6657 Views)

JUST IN: Rooney A Doubt For Liverpool Clash With Head Injury / Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Didier Drogba Marries Fiancée Lala Diakite In Monaco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by OAM4J: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2011
[size=13pt]Drogba taken to hospital after head injury[/size]

LONDON-(AFP) – Didier Drogba was taken to hospital after suffering a horrific head injury in Chelsea’s 3-1 win over 10-man Norwich on Saturday.

Drogba was knocked out in a collision with Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy and was carried off on a stretcher wearing what appeared to be a breathing aid after receiving treatment for seven minutes at Stamford Bridge.

Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas revealed Drogba had remained unconscious “for quite some time” and he confirmed the 33-year-old had been taken to hospital for further examination.

“We are just waiting for the full exams on his concussion and hopefully nothing is wrong,” Villas-Boas said.

“He is showing some good signs of recovery for us to be a little bit more tranquil.”

Villas-Boas cleared Ruddy of any blame for the challenge, but admitted he had been shocked by the incident.

“It looked pretty nasty. He lost consciousness completely on the pitch,” Villas-Boas said.

“I have to be very, very grateful, not only to my players but to the Norwich players and to my medical staff for reacting so quickly to a potentially dangerous situation.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/drogba-taken-to-hospital-after-head-injury/
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by uju2: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
This guy is accident prone sad hope he gets well soon
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Sunofgod(m): 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2011
Maybe some sense has been knocked into him. . . . .

Abramovich - The cheque book needs to come out on Monday.

Messi would be a nice replacement. . . . . .
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by tjtough: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
It seems he has already lost consciouness the moment he had the collission with the Norwich keeper,otherwise i don't know why he would land on his head without trying to protect or guide the head at all. Thank God the latest from Chelsea website is that he will leave the hospital tonight so i figure the injury is not too much. I wish you quick recovery Didier
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by eunisam: 8:58pm On Aug 27, 2011
God pls,send your healing power at this time
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by bossinie: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2011
Sun of god:

Your senseless and pathetic view on a productive life in turmoil is extremely sad and highly sadistic.If he was your brother the 'bread-winner' in your home will you not be fasting and praying to God to spare his life.I advice sadists like you not to get hysterical at the post of any topic and begin to rant otherwise in you comfort zone can the unthinkable happen, be careful,what goes around comes around,you might just be next in the cycle. angry
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by olawalebabs(m): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2011
Wishing him quick recovery
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by julioralph(m): 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2011
angry angry@uju1 drogba's not injury prone! please get your facts right.
he'll certainly bounce back tongue
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2011
uju_1:

This guy is [b]accident [/b]prone sad hope he gets well soon
which one is accident prone again
the last time i checked, it is injury prone, grin grin grin
na wa o
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by cold(m): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2011
Sun of god:

When Mikel's dad was abducted you made some scathing remarks about Mikel's person & now this.Seriously son you need help if this is how you carry on for real
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Gbenge77(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2011
After the collision,he landed quite awkwardly.
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by switch47(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2011
Hmmm.   Though the guy is fond of "play acting" which could have slowed down the medical team since no one knows for sure when he is serious------but he is lucky his true state was discovered on time.  the guys is known to be strong but he is getting old-----hoping he will get well soon. the english medics are sure going to do their best.
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Rastamann: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2011
One of the risks in the football business. Hope he gets well soon.
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by folahann(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2011
The guy is a tough guy, he'll be back before you know it
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by lastpage: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
Drogba had a "mild concussion".

Confirmed discharged JUST NOW.

Happy he's OKAY!
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by cold(m): 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^Phew! Thank God you didn't give us one of you epistles 'according to last page'
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Babymiles(f): 12:11am On Aug 28, 2011
A very good reason why my mum never wanted me to play football, Wishing u quick recovery Drogba
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Rastamann: 1:11am On Aug 28, 2011
Didier Drogba will be released from hospital on Saturday evening after being knocked out during Chelsea's 3-1 win over Norwich.

The striker, 33, has undergone tests and doctors say he has "mild concussion", according to Chelsea.

Medical staff at the club will monitor Drogba over the coming days.

Drogba was knocked out when went up for an aerial challenge with Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy and landed in sickening fashion.

The game was stopped for seven minutes while Drogba was put onto a stretcher and carried off wearing a breathing aid.

After the game Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas said: "He was completely unconscious. The doctor did a great job.

"We hope for his well-being as a person first. He is showing progressive signs of recovery."

Later on Saturday a Chelsea statement said: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm Didier Drogba will be released from hospital tonight following medical tests.

"The striker is suffering from mild concussion.

"The club's medical staff will continue to monitor the 33-year-old over the coming days."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14695251.stm
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Princek12(m): 4:01am On Aug 28, 2011
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Cmiller(m): 4:10am On Aug 28, 2011
Comot from chelsea uy no gree, go villa collect jazz from im mama to compete wt Torres, U NO KNOW SAY SPAIN GET JUJU , TORRES uy too much
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by denzel2009: 4:14am On Aug 28, 2011
Drogba is a typical African, he will be up in a minute.

He takes planking to a new level though!
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by KayDee4: 4:37am On Aug 28, 2011
As a gunner, Im not a very big fan of Drogba but I hope to see him back up and running soon.
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 28, 2011
DROGBA TO BE RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL
Posted on: Sat 27 Aug 2011
Chelsea Football Club can confirm Didier Drogba will be released from hospital tonight following medical tests.
The striker was stretchered off during this afternoon's 3-1 win against Norwich City after a collision with opposition goalkeeper John Ruddy, and is suffering from mild concussion.
The club's medical staff will continue to monitor the 33-year-old over the coming days.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2434371,00.html
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Suntemi(m): 6:58am On Aug 28, 2011
Wishing him quick recovery.

cold:

When Mikel's dad was abducted you made some scathing remarks about Mikel's person & now this.Seriously son you need help if this is how you carry on for real

So sad, there are many like him. They need help real quick.
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Merc: 7:03am On Aug 28, 2011
It was a big scare. He actually lost consciousness immediately after contact with Goalkeeper Rudy and landed awkwardly headlong. If not for swift response from the medics we would have lost the GREAT DROGBA. Football is big money and high risk because it's a contact sport. I am sure if he was playing in Naija or one of these poor African countries he would have died.

Get well Bro. May God be with you always.

sad
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by ponana(m): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2011
[size=39pt]Get well DROG[/size]
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by NwanneD: 11:12am On Aug 28, 2011
I wish my Drogba speedy recovery and pray that God will transfer his head injury to David Cameroon and Obama for their rolls in Libya.
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by IYANGBALI: 11:25am On Aug 28, 2011
Nwanne D.:

I wish my Drogba speedy recovery and pray that God will transfer his head injury to David Cameroon and Obama for their rolls in Libya.
hisses and walks away
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by juman(m): 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2011
Wish him total recovery soon.
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by software(m): 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2011
sorry ojare drogba
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by ice234: 5:46am On Aug 29, 2011
Heard he has recovered
Re: Drogba Unconscious, Rushed To Hospital After Head Injury by Diligence: 7:13am On Aug 29, 2011
Good neuuusss for us Chelsea fans!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News -- Liverpool Coach Kenny Dalgish Has been sacked / FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Birmingham (1 - 1) On Saturday February 18th 2012 / FA Cup: Queens Park Rangers Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 28th January 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.