Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,642 members, 7,861,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:22 AM

Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose (1012 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2022
now in wisdom i have come to understand that all souls are created different. trying to see other peoples perspective through your own lens is the makings of an egomaniac and an egocentric person. a nazi. we have to accept that all humans are created different and not everyone wants the same thing. i have come to understand that. some people love existing in systems and some souls just want to be free

And it is in the vein of the above that i bring this question and post to you. First of all let me say that I personally am not someone who holds the quality of my environment as a standard that i consider before i make moves. i am not really interested in the quality of my environment. i am more interested in my freedom as a free spirit. I would not choose to exist in a place that offers a high quality environment but seriously limits my perception of freedom. i would rather live in a low quality environment that offers me freedom. and what does a high quality environment without freedom look like ? paying taxes just to watch your own TV that you already paid for, paying money to park on the street and having your car towed if you exceed the time that you paid for, cameras everywhere that issue you tickets for minor infractions while driving, heavy taxation on all things, you cant see the doctor when you want to and have to be on a one year waiting list, you cant pass down a house to your children unless you pay inheritance tax, you cant hawk your wares without a license, everything is heavily billed like the amount required for council tax is crazy when calculated in naira and you cant get away from these or you will be invited to court and possily locked up, etc etc etc. you get the point ? its a nice sane environment where everything works but yet you feel like everything that makes it work is shackling you and holding you down. its like an invisible prison wall. so i cant exist in these types of environments just because of the comfort.

and so what does freedom look like to me ? like i said i dont care about the quality of the environment, i dont care about perfect roads or 24 7 electricity but what i care about and what is freedom to me is LESS GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN MY LIFE, and 100 percent complete home ownership and tonnes of money in the bank so i can do whatever when i want to, and complete detachment from a 9 to 5 structure

and so with the above raised points, here comes the question. so lets imagine that a 40 year work life would fetch you 2 million pounds ( am being generous ). which is fifty thousand pounds a year before tax. if someone says i want you to take this 2 million pounds right now and live in a country in africa with bad roads and bad light for the rest of your life, no exit. you will be there till you die. OR they say we would spread that 2 million across a 40 year work life in the UK and we offer you citizenship and thats fifty thousand a year before tax ( you are in the uk so it has to be taxed ) and its guaranteed work for 40 years in the uk with citizenship. WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE ?
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 9:28am On Dec 03, 2022
mynd44 what do you think about this question ? what would you choose ? this would be a great survey for the peoples oN FP
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Cutehector(m): 9:40am On Dec 03, 2022
A lawless country is a dirty zoo country.

4 Likes

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Itzurboi(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2022
Won't think twice choosing Africa... There are countries in Africa with good roads, better electricity package amidst other social amenities.
Freedom is bae, if well utilize, you can make out europe from the african country you pick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 9:48am On Dec 03, 2022
Itzurboi:
Won't think twice choosing Africa... There are countries in Africa with good roads, better electricity package amidst other social amenities.
Freedom is bae, if well utilize, you can make out europe from the african country you pick.
yESSIRRRRRRRR First sensible response. salute. and i agree with you totally

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Treadway: 11:44am On Dec 03, 2022
Freedom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
Freedom o. Tinubu is coming to save the greatest black nation on earth. Everyone trying to japa now should just wait for the next 8 years, Nigeria will be great again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sharpwriter(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2022
sukkot:
mynd44 what do you think about this question ? what would you choose ? this would be a great survey for the peoples oN FP
You again cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Hachemedes: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2022
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2022
sharpwriter:

You again cheesy
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Hannania(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2022
"i dont care about perfect roads or 24 7 electricity but what i care about and what is freedom to me is LESS GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN MY LIFE,"

The statement above which you made shows you're not free. When you understand what it feels like to be in a working system, you won't be making this imaginary and unrealistic thinking.

We really need to be educated on standard of living. An average Nigerian does not know what that means.

I'm so sorry that your country has failed you OP to the point that you've streamline your life to the gratification of money alone. Theres balance that you've not tasted. Even here in Nigeria I guess.

5 Likes

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hannania:
"i dont care about perfect roads or 24 7 electricity but what i care about and what is freedom to me is LESS GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN MY LIFE,"

The statement above which you made shows you're not free. When you understand what it feels like to be in a working system, you won't be making this imaginary and unrealistic thinking.

We really need to be educated on standard of living. An average Nigerian does not know what that means.

I'm so sorry that your country has failed you OP to the point that you've streamline your life to the gratification of money alone. Theres balance that you've not tasted. Even here in Nigeria I guess.
i have lived abroad before
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Hannania(m): 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2022
sukkot:
Lived or visit? Hope the "Abroad " is not a developing country

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hannania:
lived. nah USA and UK is where i spent the longest time but in total i have lived in like around 10 first world countries
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Ishilove: 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2022
sukkot:
lived. nah USA and UK is where i spent the longest time but in total i have lived in like around 10 first world countries
Oshey. Ajala traveler
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2022
Ishilove:

Oshey. Ajala traveler
hehe there is nothing dia oooo.. trust me. the whole world is overrated. the whole world is a big emotional ghetto full of weirdos grin

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by doggedfighter(f): 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2022
Ishilove:

Oshey. Ajala traveler

Been a while, babe cheesy
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by doggedfighter(f): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
sukkot:
hehe there is nothing dia oooo.. trust me. the whole world is overrated. the whole world is a big emotional ghetto full of weirdos grin

The whole wide world ?

Where should we live then ?
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by AnitaofEurope: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2022
sukkot:

Shut up your dirty useless mouth
You wey Dey one room for Ejigbo you dey say you done go abroad
Who dash you
You wey never reach airport

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by AnitaofEurope: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2022
doggedfighter:

The whole wide world ?

Nigeria hahahah
Dude is just frustrated
Let him go to the airport and see how thousands of Nigerians are migrating daily
Dey here dey write rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by AnitaofEurope: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2022
sukkot:
Abroad is the best
Better than that shit hole you called Nigeria
Better go find money make you use japa
Dey nairaland dey waste your youths

Your children will ask you in the next 15 years
When your mates dey japa go abroad why you no go
Hahahaha
With una suffer head country

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by AnitaofEurope: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2022
Hannania:
He never even reach Airport
Hahahaahha

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2022
doggedfighter:

The whole wide world ?

live in your mind. its the best place in the world
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Ishilove: 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
doggedfighter:

Been a while, babe cheesy
Yes o. The username took a break cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by kkins25(m): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2022
Itzurboi:
come to GHANA grin grin grin grin abi vaxx? grin grin grin
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by kkins25(m): 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2022
:
Ishilove:

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by doggedfighter(f): 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2022
Ishilove:

You were missed.

Welcome back !
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by GloriousGbola: 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2022
Ishilove:

Time to post cooked ekuke meat and send you back to prison grin

Man's best meal
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by Hannania(m): 2:46am On Dec 04, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

He never even reach Airport
Hahahaahha
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by akwesenana: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2022
sukkot:
now in
and so with the above raised points, here comes the question. so lets imagine that a 40 year work life
From what you've listed you mistake lawlessness in Nigeria for freedom.

Nevertheless I'll prefer to live in Nigeria than anywhere else
Re: Japa Or Freedom ? What Will You Choose by sukkot: 10:02am On Dec 04, 2022
akwesenana:

From what you've listed you mistake lawlessness in Nigeria for freedom.

Nevertheless I'll prefer to live in Nigeria than anywhere else
not really. i dont tolerate crime

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Benin From Ibadan? / Cheapest Single Way Ticket To Lagos, From London / Why We Should Think Before We Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.