Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

How Can I ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I ? (796 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I ? by IZUKWU(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2011
Am a bachelor living alone. Of recent ,i have been bothered about what and how i eat. Normally i cook two times a week . Rice and stew on sunday . Which i eat till wednesday or whenever the stew finishes. If the rice finish i cook another pot of rice. I eat afternoon and night . As my work place is near my house , i normally come home and eat when hungry. And as a rule ,i don't eat outside. I cook what i eat.when the stew finishes,i cook soup which i eat till saturday and on sunday the cycle begins again . I think the diet is not balanced even if it is a diet at all. How do i balance my diet having in mind that i have a very busy shedule and don't like visiting eating places. How and what should i eat to stay healthy. They say you are what you eat.awaiting your contributions. nd that i have a very busy shedule and don't like visiting eating places. How and what should i eat to stay healthy. They say you are what you eat.awaiting your contributions.
Re: How Can I ? by MissyB3(f): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2011
It's not fair to you to restrict yourself to just stew-rice and soup-swallow.

Do you have a deep freezer? Yes? Here's what I do, it could be of help to you, too.

During the weekend, when you're probably less busy, cook stew, beans, soup, garden egg sauce etc. Divide each of 'em in small containers and put in the freezer. During the week when you're busy, they will come in handy. All you need to do when your stomach cries is boil yam, rice, make eba etc to complement whatever you already have in the freezer.
Advantages:
1) It saves time
2)You do not have to constantly eat just rice [''by force''] until the stew finishes and eba until the soup finishes
3) You have variety, contaning diverse nutrients, to choose from.
Have some fruits and veggies in the fridge too.

Breakfast is important, maybe you should also start taking your breakfast [even though I'm also guilty of missing mine]. It doesn't necessarily have to be something heavy, specially prepared or time-consuming to consume. A glass of juice and biscuit is fine, tea, even fruits etc.
Re: How Can I ? by IZUKWU(m): 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2011
Thanks ,but i don't have a freezer or fridge . But your advice is noted. How is these garden egg sauce prepared ,i think i like it , my girl friend during youth service used to prepare it for me.
Re: How Can I ? by MissyB3(f): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
Fridge, deep freezer are too important to be absent in the house. If you want my candid advice, get at least, a refrigerator.  smiley

Garden egg sauce
Wash and boil the garden eggs and fresh pepper until they are soft.

Remove from the heat and mash into a smooth puree.

Meanwhile, your fish, gizzard etc are being cooked.

When fish etc are ready, fry in hot oil. Remove 'em and add sliced onions and add the mashed garden egg.

Add ground crayfish, little salt, maggi cubes, curry* and other seasoning.

Stir and allow to cook for about 10 minutes in low heat. Make sure it is thick and tasty.

Remove from heat and serve with ripe boiled plantain or yam.
Re: How Can I ? by Greenslim: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2011
what of Yam + stew

Bread + Fried egg

Friut only.

it all about creativity, no big deal.

(1) (Reply)

Are Robots Taking Over Our Lives? A Robot Can Cook You A Meal Wow. / Snacks Making / Did You Know That Non-organic Food Is As Healthy As Organic Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.