Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise (1760 Views)

MG Motors To Launch MG Hector, It’s First SUV In India / Rolls Royce Has Made Its First Suv,check It Out / See Kenya's First SUV Designed For Rural Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2022
Good evening Nairalanders,

I have driven different sedan in the last 10 years.

However due to the reality on ground I believe it’s time for me to get an SUV but my budget is between 2M and 2.5M (Max).

I am definitely looking at getting a Naija used SUV.

I am looking at Honda Pilot, Highlander, Honda Element or Rx 300.

Kindly advise on the brands above and the likely prices for a healthy Naija used suv.

Thank you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by rickpat(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
naija use can be risky...so you don't end up frustrated and sleeping in the mechanic..why not save a little more
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
rickpat:
naija use can be risky...so you don't end up frustrated and sleeping in the mechanic..why not save a little more

Thank you my brother. I appreciate your advise.

Fellow nairalanders, please I will like to hear your opinion.

Thank you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Dramadiddy(m): 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
2.5M for SUV will put you in a bad place financially, either save up more or get a sedan with more ground clearance. an SUV at that price WILL have problems
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
Dramadiddy:
2.5M for SUV will put you in a bad place financially, either save up more or get a sedan with more ground clearance. an SUV at that price WILL have problems

Thank you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by lagusboyyy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
Try to get a well maintained RX 300,its a dope ride.
Best Of Luck.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by fineboynl(m): 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
You will get an Honda Pilot or ML. Just get a good professional to check it for you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Qtsnow(m): 10:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
Wisdom2003:

However due to the reality on ground I believe it’s time for me to get an SUV but my budget is between 2M and 2.5M (Max).

Kindly advise on the brands above and the likely prices for a healthy Naija used suv.

Thank you.

If you wouldn't mind, i have a toyota highlander for this budget.

Quote me if you are interested
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by RZArecta(m): 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
You can get a very clean, naija used RX 300 with some change to spare. Don't let anybody discourage you, just make sure you get a trusted mechanic like gazzuzz if you're in Lagos to look over the vehicle for you so as not to buy an abused vehicle. God will bless your hustle, the next one na tear rubber

7 Likes

Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
Your budget will only get you a well maintained rav4 2005/6.

3 Likes

Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:49am On Dec 05, 2022
Honda pilot or rx 300 fairly used with some change left .They are good and rugged cars

3 Likes

Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 6:48am On Dec 05, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
Honda pilot or rx 300 fairly used with some change left .They are good and rugged cars

Thank you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 6:49am On Dec 05, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 6:49am On Dec 05, 2022
RZArecta:
You can get a very clean, naija used RX 300 with some change to spare. Don't let anybody discourage you, just make sure you get a trusted mechanic like gazzuzz if you're in Lagos to look over the vehicle for you so as not to buy an abused vehicle. God will bless your hustle, the next one na tear rubber

Thank you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 6:50am On Dec 05, 2022
Qtsnow:

If you wouldn't mind, i have a toyota highlander for this budget.

Quote me if you are interested

Thank you my brother. Let me have your phone nimber
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Qtsnow(m): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2022
Wisdom2003:

Thank you my brother. Let me have your phone nimber

You are most welcome

0 8 055 611 684
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 7:57am On Dec 05, 2022
Qtsnow:

You are most welcome

0 8 055 611 684

Thanks bro
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 9:48am On Dec 05, 2022
Nairalanders, kindly let me know your opinion.

Thank you.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by 2felix(m): 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
Wisdom2003:

Thank you.

Volvo xc 90 T5 model
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Carbie: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
2felix:

Volvo xc 90 T5 model

Hmmm
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Worldwyde: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2022
Toyota rav 4 2004 model toks,2.7m

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2022
2felix:

Volvo xc 90 T5 model

I appreciate your response bro. I have issue with sourcing parts.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2022
Worldwyde:
Toyota rav 4 2004 model toks,2.7m

Thanks bro

Seems good but I naturally do not like crv and rav 4.

I will rather add 2005-2007 Sienna to the list.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2022
Good morning family,

Please let me have your thought on this .

Regards
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by valarinz: 6:59am On Dec 06, 2022
Wisdom2003:

I appreciate your response bro. I have issue with sourcing parts.

You should edit your post appropriately, don't speak so confidently from an obvious position of ignorance. Cheers
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by seanfer(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

To get a well maintained 2008/09 RAV 4 will be how much?

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2022
valarinz:

You should edit your post appropriately, don't speak so confidently from an obvious position of ignorance. Cheers

Thank you for your response my brother�

However, you don’t know my location and probably Volvo parts are available here.

Regards

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by valarinz: 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wisdom2003:

However, you don’t know my location and probably Volvo parts are available here.

Regards

Na sambisa you dey?
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Wisdom2003: 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
valarinz:

Na sambisa you dey?

Na you Dey talk jare�
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by Trippledots(m): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
I'm at the same position right now... And my budget is even tighter than yours.

I got an 2005 sienna for a car lot with small work to be done on it for 2.8m... I don't know if it's a good deal.

This car hunting matter can be very tiring
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by buygala(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
Wisdom2003:

Thank you.

You no go like Neat Nissan Murano with Camry 2.2 engine and gear?

My friend elder bro Cousin get one wey e wan sell
Re: I Am About To Buy My First SUV: Kindly Advise by RZArecta(m): 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2023
Wisdom2003:

Regards
they're available

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vibration Problem In Honda Discussion Continues 2007 / My 2 Months Old 1999 Passat Is Giving Me High Blood Pressure / Suzuki Mini Bus - I Want To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.