Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Any Good Excell Vba Programmer - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Any Good Excell Vba Programmer (449 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Sleemzy1501(m): 1:54am On Dec 08, 2022
I need an expert in excel vba program that can assist me please..
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Sleemzy1501(m): 1:54am On Dec 08, 2022
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Sleemzy1501(m): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2022
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by airsaylongcome: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2022
What do you want to accomplish?
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Deicide: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2022
Just ask ChatGPT grin
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Ayo081(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2022
Why is Google App Script less popular?
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by airsaylongcome: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
Ayo081:
Why is Google App Script less popular?

Google workspace is not yet widely used by individuals in Nigeria. While Google sheets so somewhat similar to Microsoft Excel, there are still some very noticeable differences in functionality and UI that requires some getting used to.

1 Like

Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Ayo081(m): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Google workspace is not yet widely used by individuals in Nigeria. While Google sheets so somewhat similar to Microsoft Excel, there are still some very noticeable differences in functionality and UI that requires some getting used to.

I agree, just surprised why it's not often talked about especially within the tech community. Because it is built on top of JS if not pure js.

Because there's not enough PR?

Tried it for the first time yesterday and was impressed, especially with it's syntax since it's js.

Why should we still bother about excel macros and vba?
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by airsaylongcome: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
Ayo081:

I agree, just surprised why it's not often talked about especially within the tech community. Because it is built on top of JS if not pure js.

Because there's not enough PR?

Tried it for the first time yesterday and was impressed, especially with it's syntax since it's js.

Why should we still bother about excel macros and vba?

Because Excel has been around for years and still remains top dog in the spreadsheet space. People have learnt and attained high level of expertise in Excel. Also people are more comfortable with the Excel UI than with GSheet UI. At least for me. If I had a choice of GSheet and Excel I’m going Excel without even thinking twice
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Ayo081(m): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Because Excel has been around for years and still remains top dog in the spreadsheet space. People have learnt and attained high level of expertise in Excel.

I agree.

But I'm concerned about the new school guys/devs. Majority are familiar with JS which should make learning GAS a walk over.

airsaylongcome:

Also people are more comfortable with the Excel UI than with GSheet UI. At least for me. If I had a choice of GSheet and Excel I’m going Excel without even thinking twice

I disagree.

Gsheet UI is quite minimal.

There are too many tools on excel tools bar. Excel is just that app that does almost everything.

If you have to do extra things on Gsheet, you'll have to install them as extension or probably write them via App sheet/App Script. That alone adds to why the UI is minimal.

I believe Gsheet is easier to use. But like you said people are comfortable on what they're used to.

I would agree if you mention it's because most extensions you'll need to add to GSheet are already pre installed on Excel.

So Excel is like a full framework while GSheet is like a minimal and flexible framework undecided
Re: Any Good Excell Vba Programmer by Chizzyjforce: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
Sleemzy1501:
I need an expert in excel vba program that can assist me please..

Have you found one? I left Excel Vba for a few years, but if you give a tip of what you want to achieve, then I'll chat you up if its what I can handle.

(1) (Reply)

Developers / Earn Extra Cash With Just A Quick Survey / Multimedia Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.