Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:28 AM

Visa Denied In Lagos Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Visa Denied In Lagos Today (173 Views)

Why Are Igbo's Denied To Rent, Houses Or Shops In Lagos ? / Big Python Killed In Lagos Today, Lagosians Pose With It (Photos) / Lighthouse Cinema Opening To Movie Lovers In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Visa Denied In Lagos Today by Kenhal: 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

I had my interview today at US Lagos embassy and my visa was denied instantly without asking questions.

The transcript went like this:
VO: (immediately she saw my I-20) who’s sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he’s the CEO of …. They manufacture window blinds and aluminum windows for government and non government entities
VO: what do you do?
Me: I work as a business development executive with so so company.
VO: how much do you earn?
Me: I earn so so amount

VO: I’m sorry we can’t issue your visa

I was like dumbfounded because she didn’t ask about school and all that.

What did I do wrong?

Before the interview started, the person I did my finger print was already like “my passport photo is more than 6 months, bring a new passport when next you come” like she already knew I was going to be denied. Mind you, I took the passport photograph in April and I filled ds-160 in August/September

I also attached my I-20 to this comment, please view it and revert back what could go wrong.

I’m also trying to get in contact with Lagosismyhome. If you see this, kindly drop a contact I can reach you on.

Thank you as I will be waiting for everyone response

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied In Lagos Today by AroOkigbo(m): 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kenhal:
Hello everyone,

I had my interview today at US Lagos embassy and my visa was denied instantly without asking questions.

The transcript went like this:
VO: (immediately she saw my I-20) who’s sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he’s the CEO of …. They manufacture window blinds and aluminum windows for government and non government entities
VO: what do you do?
Me: I work as a business development executive with so so company.
VO: how much do you earn?
Me: I earn so so amount

VO: I’m sorry we can’t issue your visa

I was like dumbfounded because she didn’t ask about school and all that.

What did I do wrong?

Before the interview started, the person I did my finger print was already like “my passport photo is more than 6 months, bring a new passport when next you come” like she already knew I was going to be denied. Mind you, I took the passport photograph in April and I filled ds-160 in August/September

I also attached my I-20 to this comment, please view it and revert back what could go wrong.

I’m also trying to get in contact with Lagosismyhome. If you see this, kindly drop a contact I can reach you on.

Thank you as I will be waiting for everyone response
Those consulate guys are well trained.
They know dat Nigerians lie a lot to get visas.
Sorry, bro!

(1) (Reply)

Gfduy Te5dry / Which Set Of People Needs Copywriting Course? / Vote Nwifuru Francis Ogbonna For Governor Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.