Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Stanbicibtc Bank Refuse To Close My Account. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stanbicibtc Bank Refuse To Close My Account. (450 Views)

Send My Birthday Wishes Or Close My Account, Man Threaten His Bank (video) / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Polaris Bank Refuse To Refund The Money They Debited From My Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanbicibtc Bank Refuse To Close My Account. by switosman(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
I am seeking advice on how to go about this banking issue.

I approached Stanbicibtc bank sometime in june 2022 to open a current account with plans to use it for salary and possibly obtain loan. Account was opened in July and I received information by SMS and I was advised by account officer to fund it. i funded account that July, set up the bank app and online with help from customercare then I found out I cannot operate account. I called customer care for help and I was advised to get to my branch, so I called and visited my account officer, she sent me to see branch customer care person, there I was informed that one referee did not clear.
Since then i submitted three(3) more referee(s) and all was refused, then this Nov 2022, I requested for account closure and more than two(2) weeks gone and stanbicibtc will not close account and give me my funds.

My question for persons who had experienced something similer, how did you go about it?
Re: Stanbicibtc Bank Refuse To Close My Account. by TinubuDeDrugLor: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
They're doing that because of your money. Just go there and cause a.scene.

Nigerian banks are terrible.
Re: Stanbicibtc Bank Refuse To Close My Account. by daamazing(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
switosman:
I am seeking advice on how to go about this banking issue.

I approached Stanbicibtc bank sometime in june 2022 to open a current account with plans to use it for salary and possibly obtain loan. Account was opened in July and I received information by SMS and I was advised by account officer to fund it. i funded account that July, set up the bank app and online with help from customercare then I found out I cannot operate account. I called customer care for help and I was advised to get to my branch, so I called and visited my account officer, she sent me to see branch customer care person, there I was informed that one referee did not clear.
Since then i submitted three(3) more referee(s) and all was refused, then this Nov 2022, I requested for account closure and more than two(2) weeks gone and stanbicibtc will not close account and give me my funds.

My question for persons who had experienced something similer, how did you go about it?
went through he'll earlier this year while trying to open a business account with Stanbic too. Multiple, I mean multiple calls and mails. Visited at least 3 branches multiple times, Sometimes 3-4 times in a week. That's when covid restrictions was still thing and bank queues where crazy.
Re: Stanbicibtc Bank Refuse To Close My Account. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2022
Their staff are very rude.My former employer opened a salary account for me in 2017.After I quit the job I did not make any transaction with the account up till now.
One of their branches at toyin street,opebi.ikeja
Re: Stanbicibtc Bank Refuse To Close My Account. by switosman(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:
They're doing that because of your money. Just go there and cause a.scene.

Nigerian banks are terrible.

Never reach that level yet, but i received a call from account officer, offering to resolve issue; so I will give them benefit of the doubt.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free ₦1000 Right Now(up To 250k Per Month) / 8 Lazy Ways To Make $1000,000 In 365 Days With Chatgpt / What Can One Do To Be Financially Independent In 2023 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.