Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) (30777 Views)

Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables) / My Yam Farm In Cement Bags (Pictures) / The Puff Adder My Workers Killed On My Yam Farm (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by luluosas(m): 9:58am On Jan 28, 2023
Will try it by the grace of God
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Bfly: 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
Try 1k of this and you would understand that shit is not cool.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Amumaigwe: 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
ytdivine:
Here is one of the identified key performance index.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-KGAmjh9c

Thanks for this video. The information is very useful.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Amumaigwe: 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you are a Gardner and not a farmer, right? undecided

Is that all you got from the video?
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Amumaigwe: 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
Zarzah:

The Purpose of reading is to understand, but you always read to criticize.

If you had read to understand, you'd have seen where he wrote that he planted the yam for experimental purpose.

Do you mind that irritant.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2023
Get set to plant your seed.
Rainfall is here with us

1 Like

Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 11:18am On Mar 09, 2023
Raining season is here. Start yam farming
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ask any question about yam in sack farming
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ideal time to plant yam in sack

1 Like

Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
Remember to plant yam in sack this season
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 7:44pm On May 12, 2023
You can still plant yam in sack. Not late
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 9:05pm On Jan 11
ytdivine:
God bless the individual that unveiled the idea of yam-in-sack farming. I put up my first trial, the result is amazing. If you're among the people that post account number here, begging for money, gather here, I have low cost business idea for you. If you're NYSC member looking for how to boost savings during the service year, please come onboard. If you're still searching for job and none on sight, your attention is needed here. For those looking for side business, I have one for you. If you're praying and believing God for financial breakthrough but have nothing doing, enter here, I have something to show you.

Yam-in-sack farming is untapped hidden Gold for Nigerians. This has the potency of turning Nigeria economy around. The market can never be saturated. What about exporting this product? the demand is very high.
Am going to be posting pictures
This is mad cool.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 9:07pm On Jan 11
ytdivine:
This is from just a bag. In all, I did not buy seed yam, what I planted was the head cut off from the yam we bought from market. Imaging the return here in percentage.
4 yams harvested from a sack... Impressive.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 9:23pm On Jan 11
ytdivine:
This particular yield is from tyre. I experimented with tyre as well with good result.
Tyres... Incredible.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 9:25pm On Jan 11
ytdivine:
Do you know that the taste of this yam is different from the one in market? after eating this yam, I vowed not to buy yam again in market.
In fact, what I have now can carry me throughout the year.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 9:27pm On Jan 11
ytdivine:
You must consider some factors in order to achieve good result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVYGnOwSWlk
That's an impressive video.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by IamAsiri: 8:57am On Jan 12
ytdivine:
This particular yield is from tyre. I experimented with tyre as well with good result.

How many tyres did you stack together?
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 8:38am On Jan 16
ytdivine:
Let's compare the yam-in-sack farming with the conventional method of farming yam.
1. You can get your produce in 7/8months as against the normal 10/11months
2. Minimal labour against the tedious work involved from land clearing to harvesting
3. Weeding is almost zero here
4. Building Yam trellis easier here
5. The yield is enormous here
6. Nutrients conserved and reused, not washed away.
7. The taste is better
8. Start up capital very small
9. The market price cheaper since the cost of production is lower
10. Easy to harvest
11. Less injured yam after harvest.

Feel free to add yours
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 8:42am On Jan 16
ytdivine:
Now let look at it from business point of view. If we should invest in farming 100 bags in yam-in-sack farming, how much are we going to input in the business and what's the likely return on the investment.
For this analysis, we are going to use
1. 100 pieces of seed yam valued @#20,000 @#200 per seed yam.
2. 100 pieces of sack = #5000 @ #50 each
3. Labour= #5000
Total cost =#30k

After harvesting, we likely going to get over 100 pieces of yam valued at average price of #800 translating to
#80,000
50 pieces of seed yam at #200 each giving #10,000

Now cost = #30k
Proceeds = #90k
Now returns on investment = 200%

Note, this is just a guide on how the business will look like. There could be many plus and minus
Indeed... contingencies must be factored into the total cost of production. Nice thread.
Re: Amazing Output From My Yam-in-sack Farming (pictures) by Konquest: 8:59am On Jan 16
ytdivine:
Here is one of the identified key performance index.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-KGAmjh9c
Great vid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cure To Gumboro And Newcastle Disease In Poultry Under 5 Hr / Nursery Nylons for seedling and Grow bag for plants/veggies is available. / Check Out The Price Of Abakaliki Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.