Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? (22113 Views)

Have You Eaten Any Food So Much That You Stopped Eating Them / In Which Country Is Food So Important To Them / Best Party Food So Classic And Easy And Yummy Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
Why ?? Food nowadays is more expensive than eyeball . everybody eye-socket don enter cause of lack of good food.

If you want to eat to your satisfaction now you will be spending nothing less than 2k or even more what is actually wrong?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Mindcure: 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ask APC and Tinubu?

260 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by ibkayee(f): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
Largely insecurity and dumb government policies like border closure without increased local production I think

258 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Oloki: 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
Human inhumanity to his fellow man. We keep shouting, it is the government, but an average Nigeria is a fraudster, ready to ripe off his fellow man

242 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Zee0007: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
Don't worry Obi is coming. The change we seek.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by mariahAngel(f): 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
ibkayee:
Largely insecurity and dumb government policies like border closure without increased local production I think

The border closure was wicked and unforgivable, I swear!

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by pocohantas(f): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
Things are insanely expensive. Sometimes you spend 50k shopping and you can’t help wondering how people on 20k monthly salary are coping.

According to a trader I buy from, she said foodstuff from the North are not as expensive when they buy them there, but the cost of moving it down to the South is high. When they get here, various unions would still tax them. They add all this to the selling price and it still trickles down to the cooked food.

How much is cooking gas now?
Rent? Vegetable oil? Electricity?

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
mariahAngel:

The border closure was wicked and unforgivable, I swear!
In a country where theyre not producing food or crop in large quantity that will be able to cater for everyone , yet they close the boder . I wonder how next year will be .

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by gaby(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
People are going through hard times, man. It sucks.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by pocohantas(f): 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
gaby:
People are going through hard times.

Very hard one. cry

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Very hard one. cry
And we don't know how next year is gon be like .

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Geminita: 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:
Things are insanely expensive. Sometimes you spend 50k shopping and you can’t help wondering how people on 20k monthly salary are coping.

According to a trader I buy from, she said foodstuff from the North are not as expensive when they buy them there, but the cost of moving it down to the South is high. When they get here, various unions would still tax them. They add all this to the selling price and it still trickles down to the cooked food.

Today got me fighting with aboki because of the quantity of pepper he sold for me. I wan cry cry.
I dare not buy pepper from those yoruba women.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Tallesty1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Food is expensive in most parts of North.

Some perishables are cheap during their season because there is no way to store them but once the harvest is over, everything will go back to normal.

A plate of GOOD food here is as expensive as it is down East and if not more

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by pocohantas(f): 3:57pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tallesty1:
Food is expensive in most parts of North

As in, pepper, onions and tomatoes?

Geminita:

Today got me fighting with aboki because of the quantity of pepper he sold for me. I wan cry cry.
I dare not buy pepper from those yoruba women.

Lol. No try buy from those ones o. They will count it and give you.

SKIDDOLEE:

And we don't know how next year is gon be like .

Hmmmm! cry cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Tallesty1(m): 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

As in, pepper, onions and tomatoes?
These ones are cheap but how you wan take chop them?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tallesty1:
These ones are cheap but how you wan take chop them?
Bro food is cheap in the north I get aboki plug transport wahala na the problem .

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Tallesty1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:

Bro food is cheap in the north I get aboki plug transport wahala na the problem .
By food you mean what? Tomato, pepper, onions and Tomatoes right and maybe potatoes right?

How much is a bag of rice in the north?

15 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
Things are freaking expensive.. see that food ehn..hmmmmmmm

These days e get some things wey i no fit try unlike before. Like wasting food cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Persephone1:

These days e get some things wey i no fit try unlike before. Like wasting food cheesy
Waste food ke not in this era . grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by mariahAngel(f): 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:

In a country where theyre not producing food or crop in large quantity that will be able to cater for everyone , yet they close the boder . I wonder how next year will be .

That single act of border closure disrupted the flow of so many things.
It was the major cause of the downfall of the naira.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
Someone bought cooked rice in Cameron some days ago for N600 our currency, the quantity of the food and meat won't sell for 1k here . for fúck sake why is Nigeria design to make it citizens suffer?

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Lorayne(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tallesty1:
Food is expensive in most parts of North.

Some perishables are cheap during their season because there is no way to store them but once the harvest is over, everything will go back to normal.

A plate of GOOD food here is as expensive as it is down East and possibly if not more
Food is expensive in the north but I don't think it's ever as expensive as it is in the south.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Holla911(m): 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:
Someone bought cooked rice in Cameron some days ago for N600 our currency, the quantity of the food and meat won't sell for 1k here . for fúck sake why is Nigeria design to make it citizens suffer?

Show us the food or keep quiet.
Everywhere hard now bro.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
Holla911:

Show us the food or keep quiet.
Everywhere hard now bro.
That means sapa did not only wreck u it catch ur data too cause he posted pictures of it few weeks ago ..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Holla911(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:

That means sapa did not only wreck u it catch ur data too cause he posted pictures of it few weeks ago ..

Yes sapa hold me.
Now, show me the post let me feed on the picture tongue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by gaby(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Very hard one. cry

It hurts so bad, sis.

DM, please, to help coordinate a lil Christmas love to the most verified (in-needs). We'll ensure to sieve out any agbadorians and Athiefkus from such lists.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by pocohantas(f): 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
gaby:

It hurts so bad, sis.

DM, please, to help coordinate a lil Christmas love to the most verified (in-needs). We'll ensure to sieve out any agbadorians and Athiefkus from such lists.

Hahahaha. My heart goes out to them. We are all in this together. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
Holla911:

Yes sapa hold me.
Now, show me the post let me feed on the picture tongue
You want to feed on picture it is well bro grin you will be rich one day to the extents that you will be able to feed a whole nation ..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Geminita: 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. No try buy from those ones o. They will count it and give you.

(

Yes, you are right. If you see the 100 naira Rodo. I doubt if it's up to 8 pieces

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
It is a global menace

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by benuejosh: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
The most funniest reason people give is that dollar increased. How?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Adaranijor: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
Me I did not know ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Too Much Pepper!!! / Cake Freak! / Myths About Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.